1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Now the Entire NBA is Banned

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ChillyPete32, Oct 8, 2019.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

D-rock and malakas like this.
  2. ButtZilla

ButtZilla Member

3. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

I think Morey should resign because his owner threw him under the bus. Seriously, Morey needs to say "$*&% you" to Fertita.

4. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

That's some serious communist spinning.

5. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

This article is satire. But they should cancel the games anyway. If the Rockets are banned, than the league should ban the other 29 teams from playing there too.

Yung-T likes this.
  6. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Other teams didn't hire Morey tho.

7. likestohypeguy

lol explicitly equating MoRey to Donald sterling, NBA protecting his "racist" remarks when they didn't for sterling...

8. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

But Morey works for the Rockets. The Rockets are part of the NBA. China either wants a partnership with the NBA, or it doesn’t. I don’t even think the Rockets firing Morey would fix this. They would find something else.

JeffB likes this.
  9. elrond

elrond Member

My understanding is that the reason they put up the flag was because they were pissed that the game time was changed to accommodate the china timezone. That's a pretty inventive way to protest :p

10. Blackjack84

Blackjack84 Member

man nobody cares about China and they feelings the NBA will be just fine without them

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

#331 J.R., Oct 10, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
    D-rock, Yung-T and malakas like this.
  12. J.R.

J.R. Member

13. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Court looks pretty dope without all the sponsors' logos IMO lol

RocketJedi and malakas like this.
  14. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

How tables have turned. I remember they used to show every single Rockets games, rarely any other teams, people were complaining.

15. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

The host holds American citizenship.

16. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

This b**** trying to tell me HK and HK'ers are terrorists who commit hate crimes. Oh please..., look in your own backyard you facking commie robot b****. Mainland is where real hate crimes are committed along with other inhuman atrocities.

-edit-

I see this under the video, "CGTN is funded in whole or in part by the Chinese government." and it all makes sense.

Yung-T likes this.
  17. malakas

malakas Member

Court without logos sounds like a great idea.

Thanx to the CCP for showing us!

Your fault for clicking on this propaganda in the first place. Didn't see that that china bot went to every single thread and posted it?

18. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I'm glad the NBA is banned in China. Enjoy CBA, China!

D-rock and ipaman like this.
  19. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Looks like a sell out crowd to me. Chinese screaming and yelling during the game. Heh

Chinese soccer, catch the magic!

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I figured the Sterling thing would come up...but the NBA is consistent here.

If Morey had insulted Chinese people as a race he'd be gone a day after the tweet, a day within the tweet maybe, he'd be gone before he could even delete the tweet.

The difference between the situations is that Silver (Led by the NBA players that threatened to boycott...) punished Sterling.

Here, we have the Chinese State trying to punish the Rockets, not the NBA, but the Chinese government. That's why people are going on about freedom of speech, whenever a government gets involved in trying to silence speech, then it is a freedom of expression/speech issue.

And this isn't about offense or anything like that, this is China sending a message to one of its most visible partners (As we've seen them do to Apple and Blizzard recently, very popular companies...) to the world. You don't go against our propaganda or you are out of here, the message is clear, the last thing they want is a bigger star like Lebron or Curry saying something about it and giving their citizens ideas about Democracy.

This is how it is with state propaganda, you have to smother the truth with all of your might because the truth is the most dangerous weapon that can be used against your country. This is why NK bans the internet and controls all media that goes into that country...China wants to do that too but it also wants to be active on the international stage and there's its problem. To its credit, it's done a good job of getting companies like Disney and Blizzard and Apple and tons of other companies to fall in line, but this was going to happen eventually.

D-rock, Yung-T, JeffB and 2 others like this.