1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Moreygate: Congressional Letter

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lnchan, Oct 9, 2019.

1. YallMean

YallMean Member

Good, let's pretend the 1.6 billion people don't exist. What an idea.

2. malakas

malakas Member

what?????

Deckard likes this.
  3. YallMean

YallMean Member

No, that's not your point? If China does not come to the World, let's not even bother with them. Am I not speaking for you?

4. malakas

malakas Member

No I don't even understand what you are saying..???

I said that america was more suited for chinese when it comes to sports not only in times but also that they are better behaved and controlled than europeans football fans.
    The solution isn't to turn to european football but to try to develop a very good chinese league.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That is precisely what they are doing. Naturalisation, getting stars over here, fostering kids.

https://www.sportbusiness.com/news/...ng-and-tax-measures-to-boost-sports-industry/

And they actually formed a league commission which does not answer to the Central Committee of Sports no more, not directly.

You can't just predict how much talent there will be.

Basketball is another matter, you need tall players, China got that in spades but not NBA ready ones, and NBA is by far the best league.

Euro League does not come close in terms of raw talent.

malakas likes this.
  6. YallMean

YallMean Member

Ok I misunderstood. Strange proposal and turn from your previous posts. :D but how are they going to develop a good basketball league if there is no connection with the NBA?

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They are doing more in sports than politics but I think it is easier to accomplish. Still takes up some time.

#47 daywalker02, Oct 10, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
    malakas likes this.
  8. YallMean

YallMean Member

What does this all have to do with Basketball and my beloved Rocekets.

F u Morey! :(

9. malakas

malakas Member

Please. You think that the only way to play basketball is nba style? No.

We in europe have developed our own schools of basketball, even tiny countries with a couple millions of people have their own different basketball philosophies and style of play. Lithuanians emphasis on 3pnters, Serbian creativity etc etc
    And I guarantee you that we don't have better athletic talent than the chinese.

You can take some things from the nba but you can't copy. You have to develop a basketball school that fits the chinese culture, and athletic talents.

Deckard likes this.
  10. YallMean

YallMean Member

Dude, with due respect ... I mean what are you smoking?

11. malakas

malakas Member

I dont' know what I said that is so strange and you can't understand ???

12. malakas

malakas Member

That's great.

Always if you want something to suit you, you have to build it yourself.
    I mean if I was chinese, I would think why should all the chinese sports interest be at foreign people and leagues? Aren't you patriots?
    You can also develop great leagues on your own and progress football and basketball.

13. YallMean

YallMean Member

Any sport is not develop-able in vacuum. Kids start learning from young ages by watching the best of best. They get their inspirations. Then there are years of training at the youth level, hard training that needs those inspirations to keep. If they don't watch NBA, what good league will there be?

So it's their loss. Maybe that's your point, but look, NBA benefits from that too.

Just in any international politics - you freak wheel and deal when interests on the line. Ted Cruz ain't calling US from doing many other things in other places.

This is stupid. Got sucked into this and get played by the shadiest people one can imagine, and you go "wow, our consitution is upheld by them". Really???

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It's easier said than done, you need a stable environment and no civil war situations.

That is why you need to solve the HK situation ASAP, HK people also love soccer and basketball.

They are working together in sports and entertainment just not politics. You dun have to be pro Beijing like Jackie Chan but other stars have come and gone. It was natural exchange of regional culture. Like Mainland used to listen to Taiwanese Pop in the 80s and Cantonese known as Canto Pop in the 80s, 90s.

That is all peaceful.

Syria is really good at soccer, despite not having a home stadium, they still bring out talents, nearly made the WC just losing to Australia in recent history.

They could have been better at it without war.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ralia-world-cup-2018-qualifying-play-off-live
    https://www.theguardian.com/football/live/2017/oct/10/australia-syria-world-cup-2018-qualifying-live

#54 daywalker02, Oct 10, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
    malakas likes this.
  15. YallMean

YallMean Member

HK needs a structural change and a dose of reality. They rely on China way more than UK ever, way more than they realize. That international free harbor being the interface for China is no longer that important. Yet, you still have polticians there feeding them how great we HK is and all we need is freedom, and let's make HK great again.

No you are not great any more. Multinational companies are skipping HK, banking and financing may be the only saving grace, but too is under servere challenge. You need your youth to face the reality, build education more suitable for competition.

16. malakas

malakas Member

How did basketball develop in europe? Or even football for that matter.
    Until very very recently europeans could at most watch an nba game every week.
    Sure we saw the Dream Team that inspired people but people of my generation as young children we could watch very very little NBA. Not to mention that NBA games in europe are at prohibiting times, 1 am to 3 am.

And football when it developed here, in the middle of the last century people were watching local leagues at tv or listening to radio!

The most important ingredient is love for the game. If a lot of people are interested and play the game, then there will be talent that is found.
    There needs to be basketball and football courts and then good coaches and money.

You can import good coaches.

Sorry but to develop a respectable and good quality basketball league, the NBA is not needed.
    It will help a LOT but is not needed

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yeah.

They are not being the No. 1 city no more, at least not in dominating fashion.

They need to realize that too. You can rebuild on that.

18. malakas

malakas Member

Peace is always good. As long as it is accompanied also by freedom, respect and democracy.
    The Romans also had their Pax Romana, which meant they devastated and enslaved all of europe to have their "peace".

Anyway, as chinese basketball fans, I hope you can promote basketball in china.
    Encourage young children to play and help your own leagues.

daywalker02 likes this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

As I said, sports bring ppl together. People from all over the country.

20. YallMean

YallMean Member

If you are comparing Spain/Italy with China, I don't know where we head. Not all can be analogized. No disrespect to China, but the powerhouses of Europe has damn good youth system to compete earlier on in the ranks with traditions and good basketball coaches to begin with. It boomed only recently still. \

There are courts in China but the way they are playing on the courts are just not right. Lack a lot of fundamentals many kids learn here very early.