1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Screw the Chinese government. I stand with Morey and Hong Kong and the NBA should support HOU.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmd, Oct 6, 2019.

1. bmd

bmd Member

Then you’re being overly sensitive. I’ve made it quite clear in this thread that my beef is with the Chinese government. When I say “the Chinese”, I’m clearly talking about the Chinese government.

2. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

What are Chinese fans going to do, defect and start rooting for the Lakers/Warriors?

Newsflash. They never were Rockets fans. Clutchfans in the 2000's can attest. All the Chinese fans (YOF/LOF) are already gone. They are bandwagon fans who've been hopping between LAL/GSW since the beginning. It's always been about Kobe-Steph-Lebron and this changes nothing.

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

There’s nothing wrong with hating anyone for any reason? So as an example, there’s nothing wrong with people hating others because of their skin color?

4. Shanghai_noon

Shanghai_noon Member

who cares who you are. you are nonody.

DM will bend over. He will be crying like a sisi
    He will be

freyzhang and ilovehtownbb like this.
  5. bmd

bmd Member

As I said in another thread, I was 100% fine with Tilman’s stance of not being political. But once the Chinese decided to ban the Rockets from doing business in China unless the Rockets officially toe their party line, that’s where they overstepped and that’s what I have a problem with.

don grahamleone likes this.
  6. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

[
    Well, since you asked the question, so you do care if I am actually living in Sugarland or in Qingdao.

7. mikeshinoda

mikeshinoda Member

Chk my profile just to prove I’m not a BOT. I’m from China. Been supporting Rox for 15+ yrs. Loving all the posts here and made a few comments carefully with my broken English.

Always proud of Morey era that never tanked no matter what. That’s Houston spirit. I love Rox, fight for Rox in front of all those LA, GSW, DAL fans back in China. We don’t watch NBA for free. If it was 30 yrs ago yeah we do it for free. We now respect the business and everyone must pay monthly/quarterly/annually to Tencent to watch ONE TEAM’s games of the entire season (either mobile app or on PC, up to 4K res). No brainer I chose the Rockets. If you want to follow more teams. Just pay double, triple.

I found a lot of ppl don’t even know what has happened. Just knee jerk thinking oh whatever **** it is, it must be the EviL China’s fault... Cmon we are already living in 2019 (CCP isn’t even a communist party noweven though your media still love to picture them as one cuz it sounds cool...). Why are you guys still judging us with the 1949 glasses sigh. You can’t imagine how many of us went abroad and actually feel the world as compared to you guys actually coming n visiting ours. If we were talking abt North Korea then maybe it’s not a good idea going there. Fk it it’s a shithole regardless of the fact that I hvnt been there. But China, really? Shawn Mendes is gonna hold a live tour this coming month... If it were 50 yrs ago then yeah we were a shithole. But today? Really? Again I’m not gonna propaganding cuz it’s not my job. Come and see my country, then comment. Fun fact, more Chinese has visited HK as compared to them visiting us. Who knows more?

Morey is fighting for WHAT EXACT FREEDOM for HK? Freedom of govt must approve EVERYTHING the mobs ask? That govt must set free all the criminals? Do you even know what actually started this entire thing? Since when everything anti China = Freedom? I really want to buy you guys a ticket to my home. I’m saying this In a good way.

A few other fun facts. You guys may wonder why you never heard any voice from China. Always the so-called Freedom Figters from HK that are talking, heatedly.. Poor Chinese must be prisoned by their govt. Tell you what, it’s only bcuz we suck in speaking English and we are shy. Not we are suppressed. We once were.. but that’s some Stone Age story...

Google and Twitters? Just one click away. As simple as use the remote control to login Netflix set top box. Not big deal. But our bandwidth with VPN on top is still faster than many countries, and cheaper. And, you won’t believe how much time an avg Chinese spent on daily basis on his/her cellphone absorbing information (CCP owned media source just for fun, individual writers, translated and reposted antiCCP news source, directly accessing the raw materials from VPN) as compared to lots of ppl in North America don’t even pick up phones during the day. We are not blocked from the outside Jesus how can I even convince you guys.

We’ve been through all those tricks by govt and we survived. Even the govt itself is evolving to sth more West. But your media will never tell you the improvement we made cuz it ain’t cool. They need a bad guy and China is that easy target bad guy. Convenient to finger point at China and convince you “hey see these Chinks? they are brainwashed, we are not”.

I know lots of ppl are still joking at us. But we are also joking at those ppl who are joking at us. For the reason above.

Not trying to “whitening” or polishing China. Just HOPE ppl can read the REAL China before judging.

Anyways I treat here like my base. I treat you like my homies. But maybe I’m just an outsider to you.

Go rockets. Go clutchfans.

#27 mikeshinoda, Oct 6, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
  8. Shanghai_noon

Shanghai_noon Member

Long shot.

I wished you live in heaven but who gives a daxn.

freyzhang and ilovehtownbb like this.
  9. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

I used to live in heaven but since Trump cut down the social security and now I am broke.

Thank you for asking.

10. Mister Beard

Mister Beard Member

This is white terror! The analogy should be if you talk shxt about Donald Trump, and he can pull strings to make your firm fire you or make you apologize, then in essense it creates fear and restricts your freedom of expression.

If any of you stands by this kinda shxt, then good for you.......

11. ish1973

ish1973 Member

12. ish1973

ish1973 Member

Sorry, you know nothing about whats going on in Hong Kong! You need to follow live reports from Hong Kong media not influenced by the government. Even the Hong Kong Police Force and Government are sending biased and unfair messages everyday! Thats why Hong Kong people who care about freedom are so frustrated! The policemen.are using unnecessary and excessive forces to arrest even normal citizens. There were over 100 suicide cases reported in the past few weeks. We all suspected whose were protesters being killed in 31 August in the MTR station by the police.

Yung-T and ashleyem like this.
  13. HP3

HP3 Member

Alright man, I just have one question for you. Do you support Morey being fired, yes or no?

14. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

land of the free that enslaved black people for centuries lmao

Dumbass cowboys get REAL patriotic but have something to say when the chinese people stand up for their own country

freyzhang likes this.
  15. thedopefiend

thedopefiend Member

What does it have to do with Chinese government? I have been a rockets fan since Dream, and overseas mainland Chinese for 15 years. I feel offended individually by Morey's tweet.

Morey should be fired because he apparently hurt the brand value of this franchise. I don't care if he will apologise or not

freyzhang and mikeshinoda like this.
  16. HP3

HP3 Member

Then we are done here, no one here wants him fired. Bye.

Deckard, AroundTheWorld and Patience like this.
  17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I stand with getting POLITICS out of sport.....and for Morey to apologize.

DD

18. meh

meh Contributing Member

Wait are the Chinese mob now lynching Morey like the KKK or do you have somewhere to go with this comparison?

These people are simply not watching Rockets games dude. A lot of Americans dont watch Rockets games because they think Harden is a cheater.

Lovemachine2000 likes this.
  19. TilmanFinancialWindfall

I stand with Morey and his fight agai oppressors like China and Tilman

Stand with Morey.

Fight for freedom

Velcromium and Gray_Jay like this.
  20. mikeshinoda

mikeshinoda Member

Man it’s hard. I’m in a weird position. Morey could hv chose NOT to support any side at least not on Internet but only keep it to him, before he understands what really happened. Not just posting “Fight for Freedom Yeahhhh” thinking it’s cool.
    Imagine Donald Sterling not only said those things to his daughter but also posted onto Twitter, thinking it’s cool and political correct.
    But Morey picked a side. And shout it out loud. That hurts.
    I won’t ask Morey to get fired. I will still low key watching Rox games. But not sharing my joys with all Rox fellows. Or fighting for Rox in front of other fans.
    Sports shouldn’t be related to Politics in the first place.