1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

But her emails: Justice Department to review Clinton email case... again

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Jan 4, 2018.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Does it have to do with murdering witnesses because the people you ran into in Arkansas read too many Facebook memes probably.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Great, and let's review Trump and his kids emails since they are using personal servers.

DD

quikkag and FranchiseBlade like this.
  3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I have family that moved to Arkansas so we go there all the time now too. Beautiful state... but the people there can be well... yeah.

Everyone there has a Bill story and claims to have known him in their youth with all sorts of stories. Yes... some of them are crazy and there might be some truth to them. However the simple fact is that no one person is that infamous without some credible evidence making its way to the surface both as a governor and later as a president.

Long story short.. yes he’s probably done some bad things in life but most what you hear coming from the locals are straight up urban legend.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  5. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Yeah I know all about urban myths...

But a couple of stories I have heard are the same from different people... People I know and trust and people I have met for the first time...

The fact is, Hillary is no saint... not by a long shot. The fact is... she actually scares me more than Trump. She understands how the system works and how to manipulate the system..

Trump knows how to manipulate people and doesn't know or doesn't care to know how the system works... They are both crooks just going different paths to the same place..

T_Man

6. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Well, we know he committed sexual assault...but apparently that doesn't qualify as 'high crimes and misdemeanors'.

Making me wonder how on earth what Trump is being accused of, even if true, qualifies.

7. DaDakota

We know it is true, Trump said he did it.

And it is against the constitution - which endangers our republic....he has to be impeached.

DD

topfive likes this.
  8. fchowd0311

We know he's been accused of sexual assault by multiple women just like Trump has been accused of sexual assault by 22 women. After, 10, I start believing that it's almost statistically impossible for all of them to be making things out of thin air and yes, many of them were brought up well before his GOP grift career.

FranchiseBlade and B-Bob like this.
  9. dobro1229

100% if Clinton was accused of what he was now with the Democratic Party who kicked out Franken, he would have been removed. Especially with how much mode popular Gore’s platform is now that the science of climate change is so stark.

I’m not talking about Monica, or Paula Jones. Paula Jones especially is an accusation that would be treated much differently today hopefully.

I’m talking about the bat sh$t crazy urban legends people from Arkansas (namely Hot Springs area) tell about Bill. Pretty much anyone who died in Arkansas before the 90’s has rumors of how slick Willy was secretly involved. Apparently everyone is best friends with the girl he went to prom with and they tell the prom story like they were in the backseat of the car that night.

It’s entertaining and it’s funny how Arkansas folks own him even in a twisted way, but everyone knows it’s urban legend and there’s virtually no truth to it. Doesn’t mean because that crap isn’t true that he’s actually a good person who didn’t assault Paula Jones or lie under oath.

10. dobro1229

Also big dog: Trump himself has confessed openly to his two biggest scandals:

-The Access Hollywood tape and bragging about sexual assault
    -admitted to asking a foreign leader to investigate his political opponent

When it comes to Bill and Hillary, I’m perfectly capable of acknowledging facts of wrongdoing. What is it with Trump fans and their TDS where they simply cannot even acknowledge the facts that even Trump himself admits??

Nobody is saying you can’t still think he’s the greatest president ever and you’ll still vote for him. That’s your right to do what you want. What you don’t get to do is make up your own facts and expect everyone else on either side to just be an idiot and believe you and not Trumps own admissions and straight forwards evidence of fact.

The only reason why Trumpers are all about talking about Bill and Hillary at the moment is to distract from the facts and lie about them. All so Trumpers can’t just say that what Trump did was wrong, or even acknowledge the wrongdoing in the first place.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  11. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Makes you wonder how Trump, the biggest liar of all-time, could say with a straight face that 20+ women accusing him of various sexual assaults are all lying.

12. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Fair point...and if that had occurred while he was in office, would have relevance to any impeachment.

BUT, any of those complaining about this also needed to be similarly against Clinton, which pretty much narrows the list down to zero people.

13. fchowd0311

But I care less about sexual impropriety relative to a president using the power of the presidency to extort a foreign government to help them find dirt on a political rival.

The later is more akin to a banana republic style of governance.

DaDakota and B-Bob like this.
  14. DaDakota

But to be consistent, any President that BREAKS A LAW should be impeached.

DD

fchowd0311 and B-Bob like this.
  15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Yeah, here's how I see the two offenses we're comparing (via whataboutism).

The former case involved poor personal moral judgment. It threatened specifically Ms. Lewinsky's mental health and reputation, and moreover harmed the dignity of the office of POTUS.

The current case concerns abuse of power, threatens the sanctity of our elections, and harms the sovereignty of our nation.

So, they both deserved discussion and investigation to some degree, but they could not be more different in their content and import.

Rashmon and FranchiseBlade like this.
  16. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Oh, we do? Please do share where Trump admitted that he inquired into this specifically to dig up dirt on his political opponents specifically to sway the election, and how you have access to this heretofore undisclosed information, when no one else, including apparently our CIA, does.

While you're at it, you can also elaborate on why you were fine with the entire Democratic establishment doing this exact thing, yet aghast here.

#396 BigDog63, Sep 30, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
  17. fchowd0311

So you are you stating you are so naive that it has to be on the nose for a toddler to understand?

I'll just repost what I've posted before:

18. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

I don't necessarily disagree, but you're both kind of saying the #METOO crowd needs to step back, because their issue isn't that important. That will go over well....

And, as I've been saying, the entire Democratic establishment threatened the sanctity of our elections for the past 2 1/2 years, using foreign entitites, all specifically for political gain, and everyone on that side was fine with that then, so when did it become a bad thing, exactly? In fact, the entire Justice Department has been an arm of the Democratic Party for quite some time now...yet you had no concerns about that, but are concerned about this phone call? You can't really talk about abuse of power, threatening the sanctity of our elections, and harming the sovereignty of our nation if you haven't been upset about that all along, and happening on a FAR grander scale. That would indicate you are fine with the entire Justice Department working directly against...justice, but you are upset about this one phone call. Which is pretty farcical.

#398 BigDog63, Sep 30, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
  19. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Ahh, so we're throwing our entire legal system out the door. Good to know (and you call me naive...that's a hoot!). I'm sure you don't mind sharing that with the country...that this entire process has nothing to with establishment of facts, intent, motive, etc, and its all just a political ploy?

I'm curious...does this apply to our entire justice system, or just this incident? Is Congress going to change the laws around evidence, indicating you don't really need any to convict someone now? Might as well just dispense with judges too then...what would be their purpose in such a system?

Indicating you admit you don't have that data. Thank you for confirming.

Silent_Bob likes this.
  20. fchowd0311

The data?

It's posts like these that confirm that posters like you are swinging at air.

Please give expliclt examples of Democrat candidates extoring forering govenrments to get political dirt on a political rival?

Let me guess "mah SteEle DoSsIeR"? The DNC hired a private non governmental investigation firm, Fushion GPS, to investigate Trump. Fushion GPS hired a former MI6 agent who is not a representative of the British government to utilize his experience in Russian intelligence.

The DNC, a private nongovernmental organization, investigated THEIR OWN PRIVATE SERVER being hacked which is 100% within their legal right to do.

Trump used the power of the US influence with military aid to a country that desperately needs it to extort the actual government to investigate a political rival.

I'm sure your argument will then drop to "Trump's campaign was investigated under OBUMMER!". Obama didn't direct the law enforcement and prosecution arms of the executive branch to investigate Trump. The FBI and the CIA INDEPENDENTLY decided that there was probable cause to investigate members of Trump's campaign and went through the proper channels such as the FISA courts to issue warrants to surveil and investigate.

Trump is using the power of the presidency to investigate a political rival to benefit him in the 2020 election. Now find a narrative with another candidate or president who has done the same thing and we can discuss if it is merely a narrative or has an element of truth.