1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Saints

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Sep 3, 2019.

1. magman

magman Member

Things I knew before tonight:
    1. Watson is clutch
    2. O'brien sucks at time-outs
    3. Defense will give up the big play at the wrong time.

Things I learned after tonight:
    1. Watson is clutch
    2. O'brien sucks at time-outs
    3. Defense will give up the big play at the wrong time.

Seriously, the Philly game, the Patriots game, the Seahawk game, Watson leaves with the lead and lose at the last second.

2. Buck Turgidson

+ 11 QB hits

conquistador#11 likes this.
  3. vator

vator Contributing Member

Off the top of my head, the Patriots game, the Seahawks game, and now the Saints game. I’m sure there are more. These just stick out the most in my head because 1. they stung and 2. they were against quality opponents that we should’ve beaten thanks to Watson and they pissed it all away.

everyday eddie likes this.
  4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

That is horribly risky. The refs know what the Saints want and the moment they see the offensive player go down on his own, they are gong to stop the clock.

5. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

I dunno. I wouldn't be surprised if he's injured his back which could be a lingering problem going forward.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Don't forget the Eagles game

vator likes this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

You are right, as far as I know he has never said he hates anyone. All he does is support hateful organizations with his time and money. That is is right and people have the right to point it out.

bobloblaw, donkeypunch and fchowd0311 like this.
  8. fchowd0311

I'm just replying to your statement. I don't think Brees "hates gay people". He just made a silly error. I'll leave it at that.

9. TheresTheDagger

Was anybody surprised how this ended?

If there is one thing the Houston Texans organization can be counted on it is finding new/painful ways to lose football games.

Sajan likes this.
  10. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.pff.com/news/pro-nfl-week-1-pff-refocused-new-orleans-saints-30-houston-texans-28

HOUSTON TEXANS
    J.J. Watt struggled making an impact against New Orleans in this one. A combination of consistent double-team blocks and a stout offensive line made for a long night for the all-pro.

Whitney Mercilus had a strong showing in the season opener for Houston, picking off Drew Brees in the red zone in the first half and making an impact as a pass-rusher as well, where he picked up a sack in the second half.

DeAndre Hopkins got off to an atypical slow start, dropping a couple passes early on. He rebounded, however, with a couple of touchdown grabs and a spectacular deep reception on the final drive to set up the go-ahead touchdown before the Texans ultimately fell short.

New left tackle Laremy Tunsil looked a bit lost as he is adjusting to his new team. The various stunts and blitzes thrown at the Texans’ offensive line sprung free some unblocked rushers toward Watson, and Tunsil failed to recognize his assignment on a couple of occasions.

Rookie Takeaways

Houston didn’t have any notable rookie performances in this one.

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

[​IMG]

It seriously reminds me of this, the moment I saw how they lined up it was a "Uh oh" moment.

vinsensual likes this.
  13. mario_v

mario_v Member

Patriots, Seahawks in Watson’s rookie year, eagles last year, and saints.

vator likes this.
  14. Nook

Nook Member

It was sarcasm.

6 sacks after 5 1/2 rounders on the line isn’t all that great. Actually it is really bad. A couple of them were on Watson but not the others.

Some day Watson and Johnson and Watt and Foster call talk about their wasted play for this franchise.

I saw somethings I was impressed with... but I also saw a coaching staff that is afraid to lose.

everyday eddie and Sajan like this.
  15. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Because you don’t agree with someone makes them hateful? I do believe that what you say is correct about having the right to point out what you agree or disagree with. This does not mean you love or hate.

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The Texans don't understand that when you come at the king you best not miss.

The one thing these losses all have in common is the team playing soft and conservative instead of really challenging HOF QBs.

Richie_Rich and conquistador#11 like this.
  17. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

Yall need to chill.

I'm memeing away the anger. Blowing **** out of my ass onto the keyboard.

Drew Brees does hate gays though.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  18. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

What is the opposite of being a Texans fan? Anybody have any good comparisons?

19. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You believe that your knowledge is the correct way of thinking and believing, I say it is not, therefore your point of his silly error is incorrect and will be proven at the proper time.

20. fchowd0311

I disagree with child p*rnography the same way I disagree with with a group advocating for children to be sent to "pray the gay away" camps. They are vile and permantly damage children psychologically. Nook is not saying Brees literally hates gay people. He's saying Brees should know better to not work for a hate group. Some mild research on his part would do wonders.