1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Saints

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

And since the kneeling had NOTHING to do with the Anthem... BYE.

You can go watch your boy Trump lie to you for 3 hours on Sunday/Monday. Probably more entertaining for u.

2. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

People fought for our freedom of speech and right to protest..... People have the right to kneel or sit just as u have the right to stand for the anthem.
    idk y people like u make a big deal out of this when there's more important things going around.

3. solid

solid Contributing Member

I am a Democrat, but thanks for the encouraging words.

4. solid

The injection of politics into sports is the problem. If the NFL is going to make a big deal about honoring the military and the first responders then don't allow disrespect. My suggestion is to dump the anthem celebration all together at NFL games. Also, I was an employer for many years, and our workplaces had rules. You were not "free" to do whatever you wanted. When you are off the clock, another story.

#64 solid, Sep 5, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
    DreamQuake and csj like this.
  5. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Regardless if there's an injection of politics into sports, I just find it weird that people take offense at others that kneel during the national anthem when we have so much bigger things to worry about. Some people think it's disrespect others doesn't, it's still people's right regardless.

Your solution is to deny people the right to protest just cause it bothers u. (That's the worrisome part).
    I would have agree that national anthem should have never been at the games in the first place, but now that there are people that use it as a platform, it sends a different message if u deny people that platform, just b/c what they are doing isn't pleasing u.

#65 DatRocketFan, Sep 5, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
    DreamQuake and UTSA2step like this.
  6. Nimo

Nimo Member

What work place rule are the NFL players breaking?

UTSA2step likes this.
  7. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

This is about saints vs Texans get the political bull $&@$ out of here

8. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Hate to tell you, Sports have always been political. Why? Because sports have been an avenue for change for people of color and various ethnic groups for acceptance. Boxing, Baseball, basketball, football, Tennis, etc... You obviously never paid attention. Sports are not like other jobs. The Athletes are the PRODUCT AND EMPLOYEES. Same rules DO NOT APPLY. You don't have a business without elite athletes. SO THEY ARE ALWAYS ON THE CLOCK.....because what the do off the field (clock) affects the business. The rules are different.

UTSA2step likes this.
  9. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I hope this game is fun to watch. No injuries please!!! Go Texans!
    I served in the Navy 20 years, and protesting during the anthem really turned me off too.

Just because anthem kneeling is disrespectful to people doesn't make them Trump lovers. I don't agree with protesting during an anthem, but find many things Trump says and does extremely hurtful, narcissistic, and childish.

Good point. Lets hope the NFL players do as well. The games will be enjoyable like they used to be before politics festered in and spoiled it for many.

10. Nimo

Nimo Member

11. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I feel weirdly optimistic...shock the world could happen game 1. Let’s hope so Texans 42-37 over saints in a shootout

Plowman, everyday eddie, Nimo and 2 others like this.
  12. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

This sub and many of the posters are straight up TRASH...

A new season begins tonight and this sub is full of garbage. Way to ruin the excitement and optimism of a new season you miserable *unts!

Regardless, is this ESPN only? Or will it be simulcasted on another network?

Uprising likes this.
  13. J.R.

J.R. Member

ESPN / ABC13 (locally in Houston)

ipaman likes this.
  14. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I think we will win this game, even with a brand new oline.

Saints have a sht opening game record the past 5 years?
    But then again
    WE are utterly sht in Prime Time game, i do not know why.

Nimo likes this.
  15. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Um....Watson is 4-1 in Prime Time games.

16. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

huh. that's the right way to look at it. I just thought about overall record in Prime time, mb.

17. solid

There own. It was in the rules when it started, and clarified and reinforced later, though they wimped out on enforcement. Like I say, people can do what they want on thier own time, but when you are paid millions and represent an organization, there wishes should be respected. I still think the league should scrap the whole salute to the military with flag and anthem if all players are not going to "participate". Problem solved.

18. Nimo

Nimo Member

19. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I just hope we don't look as bad as the Packers or Bears. The product clearly suffered last night due to either preseason being used differently or practice restrictions or recent years, or both.

BigShasta likes this.
  20. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Seems like drew brees is caught up in some stuff....wonder if it could be a distraction for Monday night?....doubtful but hey never know.