1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans acquire Duke Johnson via trade for undisclosed 2020 pick

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by NewRoxFan, Aug 8, 2019.

1. conquistador#11

I like the move. He can pass protect, catch the ball, still 25 and you know the way they run miller into the 'wall of the north, as another poster put it, he's going to spot Miller as the starter for a couple of games.

DonnyMost and Rudyc281 like this.
  2. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Who do you see finishing with a better record this year?

3. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

This is a stupid reason to be throwing third round picks away like that. This guy has 1286 rushing yards since coming to the NFL the past 4 years, and it's been going down every year. He's third on his own team's depth chart. I don't care about how he looks on the highlight reel, a guy with that sort of production on the field should NOT be going for a potential 3rd rounder.

I guess the Texans have a long illustrious history of throwing their 3rd round picks away anyways, whether it is them that's doing the picking or not. Get a GM, idiots.

Nook, Aruba77 and YOLO like this.
  4. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Not sure why fans are down on this.

macho GRANDE and Rudyc281 like this.
  5. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

this is McClain, the ultimate apologist for Texan incompetence

6. Acura

Acura Member

Everywhere you go you are insulting people. You are garbadge

Can’t believe I was chastised by @don grahamleone yesterday for not putting up with Yolos BS!!

#106 Acura, Aug 8, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
  7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

A 3rd is a high price. My level of care is reduced because this team hasn't hit on a 3rd round pick since Kennedy was president. I just can't care. Hope he's good.

Nook likes this.
  8. donkeypunch

Not down. Weve been calling for him all offseason. A lot dont like the price given up, me included. Its especially bad when there was a report that buttchin was the one that put the order through, all by himself, trying to act like a big kid.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

oh look who it is. surprised you havent gotten the axe yet

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

11. Acura

Acura Member

Ah yes the clutchfans involuntary celibate gatekeeper/unofficial moderator to the rescue

12. justtxyank

Now go get Trent Williams.

13. roxstarz

roxstarz Member

I mainly blame Rick Smith for the awful 3rd round drafting of recent history but I would like to remind people that we drafted Justin Reid who is our best DB in the 3rd round. This is a stupid move and there was a good chance the Browns might have potentially cut him in a month. We also do not throw to the RB in this offense that much which makes his catching ability worthless. Plain and simple this was a stupid move.

14. Hardy Toll Road

Man what’s up with Clutchfans? I joined this site to get away from the immaturity of the dreamshake and reddit boards. Yesterday @YOLO and @Acura derailed threads with their childish behaviors.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Understandably, some are upset...

-The Texans are being reactive instead of proactive. Just sat through March free agency & April draft, where they could have done something at RB; now have to give up a pick for a RB. Foreman was coming off a torn achilles and only played in two games (8 attempts 2 rushing yards 1 receiving TD) but "We're fine. We like what we got John."
    (Remember when Adrian Peterson was begging to sign here a year ago? ;) I get it, he was 32 and signing anyone over the age of 30 brings back memories of Ahman Green & Ed Reed.)

-Giving up a 3rd for a backup/timeshare RB.

But 1)Have you seen the Texans 3rd round picks? 2) Lamar Miller is expiring. Don't know if they view him(DJ) as potential starting RB but if nothing else, cheaply under contract for a few more years. Not a Demaryius Thomas situation and hell, better than bringing Alfred Blue back, right?

Kahale Warring
    Justin Reid
    Martinas Rankin
    Jordan AKins
    D'Onta Foreman
    Braxton Miller
    Jaelen Strong
    CJ Fiedorowicz
    Louis Nix
    Brennan Williams
    Sam Montgomery
    DeVier Posey
    Brandon Brooks
    Earl Mitchell
    Antoine Caldwell
    Antwaun Molden
    Steve Slaton
    Jacoby Jones
    Charles Spencer
    Eric Winston

Yeah, I wish they did something earlier (like draft/FA)
    Yeah I don't like giving away picks (even though Texans do suck in the 3rd round)
    Yeah, I wish the pick was for OL or maybe secondary help
    But it's whatever. It's fine.

YOLO likes this.
  16. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

He had over 1000 yards total offense in 2017. Duke is one of the best pass catching RBs in the league, something that could really help Watson if utilized correctly.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  17. donkeypunch

The constant bringing up of bad 3rd round picks is so off whack, being that there was regime that constantly had bad picks and the other doing pretty well if not for an achilles injury

18. Acura

Acura Member

Honestly my apologies. I will stop. I just don’t like bullies. But I’ll make Yolo’s day and give her the last word

19. justtxyank

Man I thought Reid was a 2nd, good call.

20. Acura

Acura Member

FOr Clooney?