1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2018-19

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

Instead of Noah I’m sure it’s more likely that the Rockets sign a guy like Tyson Chandler

2. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Send Gordon+Shumpert(9 million 1 year deal)+2 of Duval, Chiozza, Clark or Frazier and 2020 first rounder for Kevin Love
    Sign Iggy if he gets waived
    Sign Howard on minimum
    Fill out the roster with some summer league guys and random vets

10 Man Rotation:
    Westbrook/Rivers
    Harden/Iggy
    House/Green
    Love/Tucker
    Capela/Howard

3. Fantasma Negro

4. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Don't see the path to max caproom, but not a terrible trade. Also don't see why we would need to give up a first. Capella > Ibaka.

5. Fantasma Negro

Serge can actually shoot, has moves from the paint to the elbow, can step outside and knock down a three on occasion and is a better passer. Clint can catch lobs and dance. Ibaka > Capela. Cap room stuff is irrelevant

Why not? likes this.
  6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I’d do that deal with either Marc or Ibaka, but with no first. A couple of 2nds and cash sure.

Fantasma Negro likes this.
  7. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Salaries don't align. We'd need to send Toronto Clint AND TUcker or Gordon to bring back Serge.

8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Whenever I see anything about Ibaka I'm reminded of my wife who can't stand him. Using her native Portuguese, she calls him, "Serge Babaca," babaca = jerk. He did always seem to be in something of a scrum years ago.

Anyway, is this just some random dude throwing things out there, hence it being posted in this thread?

steddinotayto likes this.
  9. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Most likely. I mean...Ibaka AND OG Anouby for Clint and a 1st? Lol you don't have to ask me twice. or even once.

10. fattz

fattz Member

Trade
    Eric Gordon & filler
    For
    Arron Gordon

Westbrook, Harden, Tucker, AG, & Capela
    Bench
    Rivers, House, Clark, Hartenstein
    Depth
    Chandler, Green, ???

Our goal should be to blow most teams out and develop the bench in the 4th quarter. We need to sign some 2 way players and actually give them playing time. I know coach won’t do this (last year of his contract and he loves stats as much as DM does) but come play-offs the team is rested and the youngsters will be trustworthy role players. I hope there is young point to run the clean up squad. This trade will hard cap us so development of the developmental players is a must.

xaos and D-rock like this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Agree that Rockets need more Aaron Gordon type players around Harden and Westbrook.

Need these type of players to defend against Clips, Lakers, Bucks, 6ers, Celtics and Raptors.

fattz likes this.
  12. tc0330

tc0330 Member

meh

13. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

So...New slogan

“Run as the Thunder”?

peleincubus and CK Johnson like this.
  14. fattz

fattz Member

I don’t want to trade for the 2019-20 Iggy because the Grizzlies may have to cut Bruno to make space. Bruno turned out to be perfect fit to our problems when given some consistent playing time. I also think Clark is a good defender, too. My fear is with to much young talent non will really get developed. I also think the G league isn’t the answer because we seem to develop players for other teams - Bruno most recently. The Viper’s do a good job but benefits don’t show on the Rockets. Most of the blame goes to MDA and his short (stat padding but career shorting) rotations and DM selling off for cap space. Our youth is the answer to defense and rebuilding but we will never see it. Most are very high motor, effective players. Look what Harrell has done for himself because he was given a chance. Our younger players are our answer.

D-rock likes this.
  15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Raptors receive - Capela

Grizz receive - Shump (S&T 10 mill), worst of Raps/Rox 2020 1st (top 18 protected)

Rockets receive - Ibaka (or Marc), Crowder, best of Raps/Rox 2020 1st

Rockets swap Clint for Ibaka (or Marc) and Crowder while likely slightly upgrading their 2020 1st. This gives us a stretch 5 in Ibaka (or Marc) which is very ideal with WB now, while also netting us a solid 3&D forward.

Or we could pass on Crowder, and go offer the Twolves/Heat 3 first for RoCo or Winslow instead.

16. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Like the idea of both trade ideas! Both makes some sense for both teams.

Unfortunately the one for Winslow or Covington isn't possible due to the Stepien rule. Rockets 2024 & 26 picks are already owed to OKC, thus the Rockets can only trade 2 1st picks at most. 2019 + 2021 OR 2020 + 2022.

Still at least your offer for Convington/Winslow was realistic and not 1st round pick and a second lol

17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

No I mean 3 first by including the Raptors first lol.

Clint + 3 fillers (Clark, Chiozza, Fraizer) to Raps

Ibaka + Raps 2020 1st to Hou

Then you go an pull

Raps 2020 1st, Hou 2020 & 2022 1st + Shump (S&T) for Winslow or RoCo

blahblehblah likes this.
  18. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Ahhh! Nice. Lol somehow i misread it as two different trade ideas!

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, you know, that started when we got Harden.

20. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Would yall be down to trade Gordon for RoCo and sign JR Smith?