1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[538] Rockets Still Relevant

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lnchan, Jul 11, 2019.

1. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Yes, and if you understood how Vegas works, you'd understand that they simply try to get even betting on both sides when forecasting sports odds, not actually predicting real world events. That's why they can very often be wrong, yet still feed their families, so don't you worry! Smh

2. forchette49

Damn, I wish they played tommorow so I could take your money!

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The Clippers are constructed to give us more problems, they won like 2-3 games in the regular season without Kawhi and George.

Sweet Lou and Harrell always give the Rockets hell!

Lakers are talented but dysfunctional. They need time to gel. Lots of time.

topfive likes this.
  4. forchette49

I'm just using the Lakers as an example, sorry if this seems more about the Lakers than it needs to be. I'd also feel the same way about the Clips, Jazz, and Nuggets right now, especially considering they would have home court. Blazers, Warriors, let's say Dallas, we would beat those teams below us as presently constructed.

daywalker02 likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

55-56 wins is a fair estimation but I think a couple of teams will win 55 or more.

6. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

I get the reasoning, and I could accept it, but I feel like CP3's downturn is going to be dramatic enough at this point that it throws such predictions off.

I also worry that PJ (who is 33) and to a lesser extent EG could have noticeable drops in production as well.

forchette49 likes this.
  7. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Are you seriously afraid of the nuggets? I seriously think we would sweep the nuggets regardless of who has home court. We are a nightmare matchup for them and they lost a game on purpose last season just so they wouldn’t have to play us.

Since Jokic has been there we have lost only 1 time to Denver and that’s only cuz Capela was injured and it still took a career high from Beasley.

The Rockets are built for the regular season I can see us being first seed and having home court. Every other team has injury concerns.

8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Yeah, I feel like a lot of us are sleeping on Dallas b/c it's been so fun for them to be lame for a couple of years, but they should be much better and still well-coached. Just taking Dirk's honorific corpse off the court would improve them, but the unicorn, + more could really see them in the playoff hunt.

I get that the Rockets "should" still be "better," but I'm just saying to everybody, even if we're as great as we were two years ago, you have to think our nightly % chance of winning a W.C. game will be lower just b/c of improved competition in nearly every direction. It should be a super interesting season for just about everybody (except Phoenix). I haven't been looking forward to an NBA season this much in a long long time.

9. forchette49

Yes I am. They are improved over last season, young, athletic, and very talented. Plus, they have one of the best HC advantages in the league.

10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ewwwwwwww. Don’t let the door hit you, or Vernon will.

11. forchette49

Our only saving grace there is EG is in a contract year, maybe his last, we'll see how he holds up.

12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

PJ is 34, bro. GG is 33

13. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

14. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">2019-20 NBA Championship updated<br><br>LAC 7/2<br>LAL, Mil 9/2<br>Phi 8/1<br>GS, Hou 12/1<br>Uta 14/1<br>Den 16/1<br>Bos 25/1<br>Por 30/1<br>Bkn, Ind, Mia, SAS 40/1<br>Dal 50/1<br>Tor, Sac 80/1<br>NO, Orl, Det 100/1<br>OKC, NYK, Atl, Chi 200/1<br>Min, Mem, Phx 300/1<br>Cha, Wsh, Cle 1000/1</p>&mdash; Jeff Sherman (@golfodds) <a href="">July 10, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

15. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

Although I'm not as pessimistic as some on this board I'm kind of doubtful about these projections

I don't know how much they take into account the loss of our defensive coach

I'm still confused why we let him go

Probably the worst move of this summer so far

16. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

This thread on stability aged as well as Greg Oden's knees

17. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

Well, thank goodness we are now distracted from your idiocy.

18. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

I hope adding Westbrook adds new a life and excitement into all other Rockets players like it did during CP3's first year with the Rockets

19. today

today Contributing Member

Looking forward to seeing the new numbers after the trade.

20. forchette49

Right, because that's not the way it works or anything. And you can shove your models where the sun don't shine to boot, if they're that accurate, quite your job and become a professional gambler then. No? Didn't think so, go back to trolling and leave me alone.