1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

You watching the Blazers @ Rockets organisation?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JW86, May 12, 2019.

1. Mr. Space City

hey y’all watched the blazers attempt nothing but 3’s and layups on this 4th quarter?

RyanB likes this.
  2. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

I just watched the Blazers fall to 0-2. Lets see if they can tie up the series.

Have my doubts, though.

Also, I'm so jealous of the Warriors home game atmosphere.

RyanB likes this.
  3. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

So what's so compelling about the Blazers? Blown out in game 1 and choked game 2. I guess they had a better regular season so that's something.

4. N2bnfunn

N2bnfunn Member

It looks like Damien Little been watching James Harden choked

5. RyanB

RyanB Member

The sad reality is that the Warriors are the best team nowadays.
    They have an incredible amount of talent, high IQ, defense, mental toughness, accuracy... that make the other teams look mediocre.
    With that said, we have to acknowledge that the Rockets were their toughest opponent, which is a prove that Morey ball works , and yes even in the playoffs, and that Harden is one of the all time greats, whether you like it or not.
    Does all this mean that MDA and Morey system are perfect? No
    Does it mean that Harden doesn't need to vary his offense? No.
    But discrediting a team that happens to be the only one standing up in front of one of if not the greatest team ever assembled, is unfair, and so is the fact that analytics are trash or the cause of their failure.
    Enjoy this team, you're not having an all time great player like Harden knocking on the door every year. If he doesn't win the championship ,so be it, he's not the first one to not have a ring and still be great

csnerd84 and harold bingo like this.
  6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Tilman not watching the Blazers confirmed. ;)

When asked if he believed the Rockets’ style, taking more 3s than any team in NBA history, Fertitta cited Game 6 when the Rockets attempted just one more 3-pointer than the Warriors.

“Let’s be honest; it’s all about hitting shots,” Fertitta said. “Klay and Steph hit theirs and we didn’t hit ours. You want to play good enough defense to make people make difficult shots and Steph Curry made some very difficult shots in the fourth quarter and they played really good defense on us.

7. MystikArkitect

The Warriors might be the best team in the history of organized sports. They are as goodness mentally as they are physically.

Peak Real Madrid or Barcelona might be their closest competition.

RyanB likes this.
  8. tamericus

tamericus Contributing Member

Hmm...

Hard_foul likes this.
  9. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Eagerly waiting for another tweet from Morey with the updates records of every team against the Warriors last 3 years

rocketman12 likes this.
  10. RyanB

RyanB Member

11. tamericus

tamericus Contributing Member

Where those Lebron tweets at?

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Morey 'bout to hang a banner in Toyota Center. :D
    Might even look something like this...

[​IMG]

And his trophy on display:
    [​IMG]

13. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Lebron was throwing shade at the Rockets for using analytics but his b**** ass is silent tonight as the Blazers look like they’re about to get swept.

TEXNIFICENT, CCity Zero, Zboy and 2 others like this.
  14. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Truly inspirational performance from the blazers

15. HP3

HP3 Member

You love crapping on your team way too much.

16. Mr. Space City

That’s exactly why I don’t wanna hear all that anti-analytics talk! In PLAYOFF games when it usually come down to 1/2 possession games down the stretch, just get me the most efficient shot! The best points possession shot during that possession. And if it’s a layup or a 3 then so be it cause it was the most efficient SHOT!

When y’all want to talk REAL basketball let me know. :D

17. RyanB

RyanB Member

So it turns out that this gs team is pretty good...

Patience likes this.
  18. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

lol

Where are the goof balls Lebron and David West right now?

No more tweets from their couches?

One used to get his ass handed to him by the Warriors yearly in embarrassing fashion while the other hoped onto that team to buy a ring.

Also, where are the Rockets fans in here that were throwing a hissy fit saying we should have easily dismantled this team without Durant, like it was a gimme.

Folks saying Klay and Green are just role players lol...

Either Klay or Green would be second best players on this Rockets team behind Harden if they joined. Curry + Klay + Green >>>>> Harden + whichever Rockets players you pick, by a mile or more.

Shame on you all for forgetting that this Warriors core had won 73 games and won a title even before Durant got there.

19. Rockets1897

Rockets1897 Member

Hahahahahahahaha so funny. People are idiots. Mocking our system while Portland played the ‘right way’ and about to get swept.

20. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I didn't read all this garbage but I'm assuming this thread didn't age well. Hahaha, op has a point on some mid range but gtfo thinking Portland was doing anything special and thinking Portland had a shot here. I watched some of the game at a bar (even though the nba ended last Friday for me...) by end of 3rd Portland was DONE. Portland let worse role players than Looney contribute. So.... Even tho media won't report this (and I couldn't care less), the WCFs were basically last round as I expected.

I unfortunately don't think the Bucks will save this trash from a 3 peat, but we can still hope @malakas... Unfortunately @what probably jinxed that shot with one of his all world threads

#180 CCity Zero, May 18, 2019
    Last edited: May 18, 2019
    hakeem94 likes this.