1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season 8

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Sajan, Jan 4, 2018.

1. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

2. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

It's OK. Martin can write a better ending, where Danny has pink hair, glasses, and installs a feminist democracy after SAVING all of king's landing from the patriarchy!

[​IMG]

MiddleMan likes this.
  3. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

These writers might not get work again if the last episode is botched.

Sajan and MiddleMan like this.
  4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Looks like you got Dachoad on ignore.

Missing out on all the unwanted political rants.

Sux 4 u :oops:

5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

You keep trying to bring feminists, D&D etc into this, are capable of thinking without it resorting to that dialogue (“us vs liberals or us vs feminists”)

People have a problem with the poor quality of writing and presenting dany’s Character. The writing all around has been bad. I’ve read the books and watched the show. It doesn’t have anything to do with feminism

vlaurelio likes this.
  6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I'm assuming he's just baiting. I hope he is for his own sake at least. Posting this stuff unironically would be even more sad.

justtxyank likes this.
  7. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

Hollywood in general does.

8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Are you being unironical by guessing whether that muppet is being unironical?

9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I agree with this and don't understand the outcry now as if the writing only recently took a nosedive. The writing is consistent with the last couple of seasons that people just gobbled up. But, I don't know who Mary Sue is.

dachuda86 likes this.
  10. hooroo

hooroo Member

Yet, on going back to it they decided to focus on overlong action scenes and spectacle.

In the same amount of episodes they could've written Dany's character into a bad ass mad queen. A cold, calculating conqurer, who grows to embrace her ruthless id. Even the sons of the harpy story was there to be used as a catalyst for burning an entire city to the ground. Instead we're given ringing bells got Dany mad. As lazy as Arya falls from the sky and shanks the night king.

11. fchowd0311

I honestly have no clue if he is or isn't.

12. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

If you've followed thrones, then you'll know that the Danny being shaped as a feminist hero thing is EXACTLY why a lot of people are bent out of shape about the recent episode. I didn't make it about that. Other people did it for me lol.

13. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

You don't know what a rant is... I made my joke. That's really all I gotta say lol. And people's reactions here are telling enough.

14. MystikArkitect

Yeah that’s why. Not because they totally screwed up her character development and gave her a heel turn that made absolutely no sense. They’re mad because of the misogyny.

dachuda86 likes this.
  15. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I guess you didn't like the last episode then. Don't worry, Martin will likely rewrite it out of fear of being crucified by a progressive mob of idiots. Pink haired Danny, strong female lead, is coming your way.

16. fchowd0311

Why do you think I didn't like the last episode or the last 3 seaaons. Let's hear it from your own words.

17. fchowd0311

You're joking but genuinely believe in the rhetoric of your joke.

So were you merely being edgy for comedy or do you genuinely hold these sentiments that people are angry mostly over feminist rhetoric?

18. dmoneybangbang

So much this.

I’ve said it before, trying to corral and wind down such an expansive universe was almost certainly going to be a let down.

I have no problems with the conclusions, I like that Dany will become Mad Queen (as this show/books really delve into the relationships between powerful parents and their children) but it was all rushed.

The Real Shady and K mf G like this.
  19. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

You should try a p***y sometime

20. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

If you don't like it, that is your issue. Share your thoughts and I'll listen to your comments on the show.