1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Butler still Moreys MAIN target this summer/MDAs seat getting hot

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, May 10, 2019.

1. treyk3

treyk3 Member

get him out of here. i have never seen a coach consistently fail to show up in elimination games.

s3ts and chievous minniefield like this.
  2. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Bye Pringles, hello J Buckets

3. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

After tonight, I can see the Rockets parting ways with D’Antoni. However, Jimmy Butler is a pipe dream, unless the Sixers refuse to max both him and Harris out.

s3ts likes this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

The only person walking through that door that would bring a championship is KD

5. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Disregard.

6. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

We gonna sign jimmy with our magical cap space? Philly is capped too

7. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

That seat got hotter tonight with the queen of dragons in the arena tonight.

Mike D after the game:

[​IMG]

smp and farhen like this.
  8. farhen

farhen Member

Maybe. But a locker room cancer next to dwerg coward

9. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

"It won't make any difference."

[​IMG]

;)

alpha7283 likes this.
  10. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I love MDA, I really do. But through battles and wars and trauma, he did not grow out of his weaknesses, nor did he aid the key players in overcoming their patterns. He just did what he's always done, and he selected the players who would go along with that.

A great coach, but needs to have more talent than his opponent to win. Got severely outcoached in this game. Not in X's and O's, but in player psychology and complex motivation. On X's and O's, he is far superior to Kerr, but on a psychological level Kerr has a huge edge too.

The bad news is, championship coaches don't grow on trees. If we can grab Spoelstra, that would be great. I feel like the combination of Spoelstra and Morey could be better if we don't rebuild.

Richie_Rich, s3ts, malakas and 3 others like this.
  11. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

lets be real she was probably cheering for little stephanie

12. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Umm...if she was supposed to be for the Rockets tonight, then I think we can assume she dies at the end of GoT. Cersei will be left standing...representing the evil Warriors. lol

13. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Gordon and Capela for a Butler or Blake Griffin type of talent this summer is my prediction.

14. basketballholic

We handed MDA James Ennis, MCW. Brandon Knight, and- Marquess Chriss and took Trevor Ariza and Luc Mbah A Moute away from him. Then we signed Melo to an untenable situation and decided to bring back his mortal enemy.

Think about it.

MDA made lemons out of lemonade, folks. This is not on him.

15. Zergling

Zergling Member

A coach who needs more talent to beat his opponent isn't "great". He has a great offensive mind and is going to the HOF for it but he's an awful in game manager. He has no sense of playing the right guys the right amount of minutes and stubbornly doesn't play young players. It's cost the team multiple wins and probably at least one title.

16. Zergling

Zergling Member

Garbage take. By the 2nd half of the season, MDA had a really really good and deep rotation. And he failed to utilize everything he had in the playoffs.

I can't believe that you, the ultimate anti-Capela poster isn't calling out D'Antoni for stupidly giving Capela 30+ minutes multiple times this series including Game 6.

Richie_Rich and Gray_Jay like this.
  17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I’ll tell ya how this is going to go....

We won’t get Butler. Team will be largely the same heading into next year. Morey will tinker and do what he does. Rockets lose to the Warriors in the playoffs because they own us.

Rinse repeat.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

maybe even someone else depending on how the offseason goes. alot of teams will get better in the west.

19. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Nope. It’ll be the Warriors. Harden’s legacy is losing to the Warriors. That’s how it goes.

20. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

Only way would be to trade Gordon and fillers for him. Would probably have to throw in 4 first round picks as well.