1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I Will Never Trust James Harden again. It's too painful.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DreamShook, May 10, 2019.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I agree Harden’s not the problem, I’m just saying he’s rarely the solution when things are tough.

Curry stepped up and punked him 2 straight 4th quarters. He knew his team needed it. Harden doesn’t have that mindset. It’s sad as hell and it’ll never change.

2. shorerider

shorerider Member

Harden is great at what he does and can be a part of a championship here. Problem is everyone thinks he should take the role of leader and assassin. That's not his game or who he is. He's not comfortable with it so Morey should work from that - the missing piece needs to be someone with a Black Mamba or MJ assassin mentality who can take the load off him to close out games. CP3 was supposed to be it but he is not. Hell even a Chauncey Billups type player would be enough.

3. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

I feel the same. I hate feeling this shitty every May. And what's worse is that a small part of me always expects for it to happen.

Perhaps a break is necessary, but I can't see myself not glued to a computer monitor any time the Rockets are on. Addiction sucks

Elephant810 and daywalker02 like this.
  4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

They had no issue scoring tonight.

Their problems this year stem, honestly, from a broken roster. Morey scrapped to put it back together, but they didn't have playable players AGAIN.

5. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I’m done trying to rationalize and excuse my way to harden’s “all time greatness”. The guy shrinks when it matters most. Consistently.

Bearded13 and {icebox425} like this.
  6. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

A championship star should not "play fine" they should dominate. Stop blaming Morey and types this series is his fault. If Curry can get blame so can Harden. The offense put up over 100 points a game 5 of the 6 games.

Bearded13 likes this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If only you crown the champion after the regular season..........

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

Guys like curry and klay stepped up when it absolutely matters and these guys are primarily shooters. And the rockets were completely game planned for them. Wtf was harden doing. He’s supposed to be this mvp.

9. houtown

houtown Member

I honestly do not blame harden, the rockets were a fraud organization when they hired dantoni in the first place, all regular season hype to keep the money coming in and disappointment in the postseason, the is the dantoni formula. I knew the formula was a fraud in the first place but was hoping I was wrong. Happy I did not waste My time and follow this rockets team in the regular season.

10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

They always have issues with scoring. It's why this team is notorious for giving up big leads. The team will go on ridiculous cold spells for entire quarters and it's because our offense is as slow as molasses and very predictable. If the Rockets aren't hitting a bunch of "**** you" threes, they suck dick on offense.

11. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

He didn't do anything wrong. What he did is worth $40m. Few people would be able to put up 35 on 25 in this situation. He played good defense. He was the 2nd best or best player on the floor in terms of production only.

He just didn't decide to take destiny into his own hands and shoulder the responsibility. He's not going to become that guy. We need to appreciate what he is, and acquire what he is not. Frankly we're not in good position to do that.

12. Asian Sensation

We’re never gonna win with him as our #1 guy. So he is the problem whether you want to admit it or not. No more moral victories. We were past that point like 3 years ago.

Windows closed. Party is over.

Now we’re stuck with Harden, CP3 and Capela and their 400+ million guaranteed over the next 3+ years.

We should’ve traded him after he choked against the Spurs 2 years ago and started the rebuild. We wouldn’t be stuck with CP3 and his 160M Million.

We’ve made zero progress since then. Oh wait Harden won an MVP Yayyyyy.

{icebox425} likes this.
  13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

You're right about this.. You know how the game is going to go when the rockets don't get rebounds..

Harden can get points in his sleep, that isn't the barometer of what Harden needs to do for this team.. When he was walking the ball up I knew the game was in jeopardy. Harden scored 30+ but he didn't play with any urgency.

He played nothing like he did in games 3 and 4 when he was pushing tempo.

{icebox425} likes this.
  14. {icebox425}

{icebox425} Member

You make your own luck. The Warriors aren't lucky to win it 3/4 years, they worked hard. Us getting killed on the boards in the first half isn't luck of a ball bounce, it's Kevin Looney having a sack and Capela not having one.

everyday eddie likes this.
  15. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

You're asking me why I now think we need a 1b?

I feel like you're on a venting quest, and I understand you man. I'm equally shattered.

16. hou$tonScrew$tonTX

I’m sorry but the 2 turnovers in the last 2 minutes plus the passive play in the end of games is not what stars do. Steph curry showed that he is a true superstar in game 5 and 6 when it was stacked against him. **** the warriors but those mother****ers stepped up when it mattered.

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I honestly don't care what the numbers say, we did not get the rebounds we needed to get. Maybe those 5 rebounds were ones that came right to us, but we let them get basically every 50/50 ball and I really want people to watch, go back and see what we do when Harden gets doubled and what GSW does when we double their guy.

They get open shots off our double teams, our double teams somehow produces bad shots or the ball back to Harden.

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I don't think that's true.. MDA panicked. Faried could have gotten all those rebound Clint missed. he had 20 and 10 against this same team of role players in the regular season.

hou$tonScrew$tonTX likes this.
  19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I definitely agree about the slow walking thing. This was true last year too though and it almost worked. I've been saying this now for a year and a half (end of all-star break last year is when they changed) this slow pace they are playing kills them. It turns every game into coin flips. They 100% have to find a way to convince Harden that we have to push the ball.

DreamShook likes this.
  20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

When you are a player and you see your superstar leader stroll up the court like it's a Sunday stroll and just stands there twiddling his thumbs near the half court line when he doesn't have the ball, how do you get fired up?