1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Robert Mueller, Former F.B.I. Director, Is Named Special Counsel for Russia Investigation

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, May 17, 2017.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

The smiley let's us know you are fun and good natured.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Not amusing. You use imaginary “sauces” in an effort to defend your guy and you think that’s a good idea? Why should we take anything you post down here seriously if that’s what you are doing?

3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you shouldn’t

No Worries likes this.
  4. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

I continue to be impressed at the level of fascination with my posting habits here

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

So the only reason you are posting in D&D is to spam the forum in support of your hero. Got it.
    Be as fascinated as you like with yourself. Enjoy not being taken at all seriously in this forum, certainly not by me. If you don’t care to have integrity here, I have no reason to read your posts, not in D&D.

Once again, and I’ve said this several times over the years in Feedback and elsewhere, I wish @Clutch would make the ignore function forum specific.

@justtxyank, I wish you would suggest that to him. Ask him, if it is not too difficult, to make the ignore function “forum specific.” In other words, give contributing members the ability to ignore a member in one forum, but read their posts in others. Some members seem to delight in trolling D&D. @Os Trigonum has made it abundantly clear that he does. While I enjoy reading his posts elsewhere, I would just as soon not read posts from members like him who are here trolling the forum. I have 50+ members on ignore, and I would rather not place him there.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  6. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

geez Deck, don’t you think that is a slight overreaction? Several folks here seem to enjoy the links to articles and excerpts that I post here. If you don’t care for them , isn’t it easier to just ignore them and scroll on—as I and others do with literally hundreds if not thousands of NRF tweets and retweets each week. And if I happen to make a lame, half-hearted joke (“sauces”) that is an allusion to humor that is common elsewhere throughout the board, couldn’t you possibly just see it within your heart to just excuse it as being (in your view) in simple poor taste. I like you as a poster, you ordinarily show good sense as well as a sense of humor, but in this case I think you are badly overreacting.

cml750 and RayRay10 like this.
  7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

How is it “overreacting” to point out that a source you posted made statements that weren’t based on fact? When I pointed that out, you made a joke of it. You posted the dishonest column by Dershowitz and should have taken seriously a reply. You constantly post materials in this forum, and while I don’t read much of it, preferring not to get into a political argument with you, I have been assuming that you had good reason to do so. Apparently you don’t read some of them yourself, which might be a good idea. I don’t know why Dershowitz chose to be dishonest. My guess is that he’s craving attention. Well, he got some from you. As for my use of the word “sauces,” that is exactly the word you used. So what is good enough for the goose isn’t good enough for the gander? (Although I would prefer to describe you as the gander)

8. dmoneybangbang

Nah. You are completely dishonest about your position and don't debate in good faith. If you had the courage to at least be honest about your position on an anonymous forum then it wouldn't an issue.

No Worries and FranchiseBlade like this.
  9. dmoneybangbang

Not all attention is good when people bring up how much you spend your life on an anonymous internet forum.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  10. dmoneybangbang

I could care less if OS wants to be the conservative NRF, at least NRF debates in good faith. The GARM is a great place to get attention as it seems that's all OS wants.

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Good for you! :)

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I understand very well what Os is doing. He's bored and deciding it's fun to take a right-wing supportive stance and troll liberals for no other reason than as a sociological experiment. He's also testing his own ideas by attacking them at times and having others defend them. His real position on anything is unattainable because you don't know what he really believes or not.

Sound familiar?

I know what he is doing because I was doing it 10 years ago.

He will not engage you in rational debate.
    He will not admit to making a mistake.
    What in heaven's earth should you do?
    Ignore him and and his monkey poo?
    Whatever you decide - just don't take the bait.

JuanValdez likes this.
  13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

With all due respect, this is really between Os and myself. I’m not interested in others getting involved, although you are certainly free to post what you like.

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

In that case, may I suggest you using a private conversation with him?

15. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Butina sentenced to 18 months, 9 months of which already served...

Nook likes this.
  16. Nook

Nook Member

Fox News' Judge Napolitano: Mueller report shows Trump obstructed justice
    Fox News legal analyst Judge Andrew Napolitano is not going easy on President Trump.

[​IMG]
    Fox News analyst Andrew Napolitano. (Photo: Richard Drew/AP)

“When the president asks his former adviser and my former colleague K.T. McFarland to write an untruthful letter to the file knowing the government would subpoena it, that’s obstruction of justice,” Napolitano said in his video. “When the president asks Cory Lewandowski, his former campaign manager, to get Mueller fired, that’s obstruction of justice. When the president asks his then White House counsel to get Mueller fired and then lie about it, that’s obstruction of justice. When he asked Don McGahn to go back to the special counsel and then change his testimony, that’s obstruction of justice. When he dangled the pardon in front of Michael Cohen in order to keep Cohen from testifying against him, that’s obstruction of justice. Why not charge him?”
    The House Judiciary Committee on Monday subpoenaed McGahn to testify on what he told Mueller about Trump’s orders to fire the special counsel. While Mueller made no determination on whether to recommend criminal charges against the president for obstruction of justice, Attorney General William Barr decided not to do so.

Napolitano, who once told friends that Trump had considered nominating him for the U.S. Supreme Court, took a very different view of the actions of the president described in the Mueller report.

“The president’s job is to enforce federal law,” Napolitano wrote. “If he had ordered its violation to save innocent life or preserve human freedom, he would have a moral defense. But ordering obstruction to save himself from the consequences of his own behavior is unlawful, defenseless and condemnable.”

https://news.yahoo.com/fox-news-jud...shows-trump-obstructed-justice-001202876.html

This pretty much summarizes what I have been saying since I had an opportunity to read the actual report. It really just comes down to whether the democrats want to go through the effort. The evidence is there and spelled out by the Mueller report. It is a perfect blue print.

FranchiseBlade, No Worries and B-Bob like this.
  17. Nook

Nook Member

The best part is that they are deporting her back to Russia where she belongs.

B-Bob likes this.
  18. dmoneybangbang

Sometimes doing the right thing isn’t prudent. Without bipartisan support, impeachment may blow up in the Dems face.

It’s pretty obvious Trump obstructed but the GOP is fine with it.

mdrowe00 and B-Bob like this.
  19. Nook

Nook Member

The democrats also have to worry about Trump impeachment fatigue.

20. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

how did he obstruct?