1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Jazz 4/22/2019 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 4)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 21, 2019.

1. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Man I am really nervous about game 5

2. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Damn I’m seeing some posters I didn’t see in the first 3 game threads. Welcome back folks.

Anyways my biggest worry is keeping CP3 healthy. One less game would’ve been nice but I’m hoping we can win this game 5 in a decent manner.

3. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

Look at our fg%

4. RetroRockets

RetroRockets Member

you would have to be blind not to see their is a colorism epidemic in the NBA. Almost everybody from the sideline reporters from who they market are lightskin. They trash darkskin players and give lightskins players a pass. Klay Thompson is labeled the best 2 guard in the league with nothing to show for it. Its that privledge that we never saw in the 90's that is killing the league. The dont want to market harden because of his skintone. Notice who first take and fs1 trash the most, harden, kawhi, durant, lebron.. WAKE UP

5. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

You can't blame this on Harden. He hit a lot of key shots in that 3rd quarter. It isn't a coincidence they went on a 15-1 run when he was out at the start of the 4th quarter.

AuburnRocket, CCity Zero and Tfor3 like this.
  6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It's just sometimes role players suck on the road. That's what we saw here.

Classic home-road difference. J.Crowder came out like gangbusters and Rubio was even playing well despite being basically garbage for most of the series. They just wanted this more too, that much was clear.

I think a lot of these guys will play better at home...at least I hope. We really don't want to go back to Utah up 3-2

roslolian likes this.
  7. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

I know that. That's not the point. They won't have home court advantage in the 2nd round...

HP3 likes this.
  8. ksny15

ksny15 Member

No biggie just win at home that's all. If Houston loses game 5 then I become worried ;)

waytookrzy079 likes this.
  9. Caprah

Caprah Member

Every single post you have made is harden bashing posts. We didn’t see you in game 1 or 2 or 3 here. Dude Lin sux and it’s not hardens fault he is a scrub

10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Dude don't be crazy. Rockets scored more than 20 pts below their season average.

BasketMAD and CCity Zero like this.
  11. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

It certainly wasn't good, I am glad it's 3-1, 2-2 would be awful, but def agree, I am hoping this is a wake up call

Vivi likes this.
  12. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Trying to get into MDA's mind:
    House vs Shump - House has earned his spot by his play all year. And while his shot has been off, he needs the exposure to hostile crowds to gain experience. Defensively, his rotations are decent but was getting beat off the dribble too much.

Nene and Faried - Nene is too slow to play the switching defense (see last year vs GSW) against all the PnR and dribble handoffs. Unfortunately, Capela in his sick state couldn't be effective tonight either. Faried came in and was so awful defensively, he got yanked pretty fast, but probably should have been given another shot. MDA just doesn't trust him.

HP3 likes this.
  13. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

i mean **** whats there to talk about when we beat a team we are supposed to roll over

14. Rocketeer4Life

Don't get jealous girl. Guys with beards aren't my type. No need to worry. You can keep Harden. :D:D:D

15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Dude you are suffering from severe victim complex. No way me is claiming that Klay is the best two gaurd in the league.

16. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

If the Clippers can beat GS in the Oracle, the Rockets can beat them 3 times.

17. RetroRockets

RetroRockets Member

they are also getting away with illegal defense, but nobody cares because its the rockets

18. Mr. Space City

Can’t the rockets just get 1 bias officiated game this series?

bro2044 likes this.
  19. roadstone

roadstone Member

Do y’all not remember we literally gave the Jazz a win on our own homecourt last year in game 2? The way we lost that game was VERY similar to tonight. I have the upmost confidence we will take care of business Wednesday.

BigShasta likes this.
  20. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Yeah, it was trash. But the defense is more to blame. They had 52 points in the paint to our 22. Paint defense was trash as hell.

This is why I didn't want to play the Jazz or the Spurs in the playoffs. They're an aggressive defensive team... which is what we struggle against the majority of the time. I would rather any other team than those 2. We're just lucky we have a good lead over them and that we're a really good home team.