1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season 8

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Sajan, Jan 4, 2018.

1. cebu

cebu Member

The reason why Tyrion is possibly a targarean by height

Carl Herrera likes this.
  2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Can someone remind me of Bran's power to take over animals? Can he just see through them, or can he control animals? He used Hodor and direwolves previously, right. Can he control only one at a time, or a flock/herd? Overall, what abilities does he have to contribute to the battle -- killing v recon?

for intance, him taking over the dead dragon would be Deus Ex Machina to me.

#422 heypartner, Apr 22, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
    B-Bob likes this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Is there more info on this Waif who could be the wife of someone? Odd name.

[​IMG]

4. cebu

cebu Member

Reuniting starks family in winterfell uncluding great warriors and leaders, prior enemies etc ... is boring?!?

justtxyank likes this.
  5. joeson332

joeson332 Member

I swear if I die between now and next Sunday IM GOING TO BE SO MAD

daywalker02 likes this.
  6. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

This was all fine and both episodes enjoyable. I find myself thinking that the acting is really good but that certain elements of the story and dialogue seem simplistic or clunky to me. There were also times where those aspects shined so I just assume they are building up toward a very intense last push to end the series.

7. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

This is how I feel too...they’re good episodes, but it does seem that things are going by faster than previous episodes that would’ve been built up more. It’s cool thou ...they gotta wrap it up and it’s probably tough to do that in only 6 episodes.

8. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Loads of our favs finna die net week huh?

justtxyank and daywalker02 like this.
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

my understanding is Bran has the ability of a warg. Enter the minds of animals and perceive the world through their senses and even control their actions. I have yet to see him do this to more than one single animal at a time so, I wouldn't really count on him being able to do a flock/herd.

Bran has only entered the mind of Hodor, who was mentally challenged. still considered a pretty powerful feat though. No warg has been seen totally taking over the mind of another person who possesses full adult mental capacities

mikol13 and heypartner like this.
  10. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

This episode reminded me of the scenes right before the huge battle at the end of Saving Private Ryan where everyone was sitting around shooting the **** and telling stories. The calm before the storm. It's about to go down.

daywalker02 likes this.
  11. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Next episode is the longest of the season at 1 hour 22 mins.

It's definitely going down.

12. Buck Turgidson

I'm prepared to be emotionally crushed, or as much as I can be by a work of fiction.

CheezeyBoy22 and mikol13 like this.
  13. cebu

cebu Member

I guess he’s looking up at him as his father.

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Next weekend will be a busy one! GoT war episode, Avengers: Endgame, and NFL Draft.

I don't pay attention to the NFL anymore and probably won't see Endgame for a week or so, but if this happened when I was 22 rather than 32 then this upcoming weekend might have killed me.

15. cebu

cebu Member

You can ask the night king next Monday. He will be dead by that time.

16. Buck Turgidson

Jorah is also most likely a bigger badass than Edd, though if he was trying to maximize the zombie killing powers of the sword I guess he should have given it to the Hound.

justtxyank likes this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You could always ask the Night King nicely to give you a new life to watch the rest.

joeson332 likes this.
  18. YOLO

YOLO Member

Hes got that brand new dragonglass Ax Gendry made for him. plus I'm not even sure the Hound and Sam have even met? haha

cebu likes this.
  19. Buck Turgidson

Ah yes, how did I forget that already?

20. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

The main difference is Bran is using telekinesis essentially or mind control. The Night King is straight up re-animating corpses. I haven't seen any evidence that Bran/3 eyed raven's powers can do that.

Which brings into question the Jon Snow & Beric resurrections. In Sci-Fi terms, in the show at least its fairly unclear what is happening here with these resurrections. The show seems to reside more on some form of divine intervention rather than sci-fi explained magic that the book uses to explain.

So with such loose rules in the show, I could see Bran re-animating corpses potentially but that's a totally different ability than "warging" or teke.