1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Key to a championship is Eric Gordon

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Mar 24, 2019.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

BasketMAD, rocks123, Deuce and 4 others like this.
  2. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thompson is the only star on the Warriors who doesn't rub me the wrong way. He isn't dirty or arrogant like so many other Warriors.

BasketMAD and peleincubus like this.
  3. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

What? He has been our second leading scorer behind Harden for over a month now. He's also been shooting extremely well from behind the arc. I'm not sure how you think 61/144 (.424) from behind the arc for over a month is a decline.

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

There must be a lot of locks to the championship. We need so many keys.

[​IMG]

J.R. and YOLO like this.
  5. smp

smp Member

Don't forget that we could also be battling the refs. They didn't screw us over until CP3 went down so I still have hope. I think the league is fine with the Rockets winning it all as long as there are at least 2 stars getting rings. I think they really like CP3 too. They stepped in when it was Harden and a bunch of role players beating the Golden boy NBA all-stars.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

not really. harden didn't go psycho in the 3 wins vs GS a year ago. They certainly don't need him to. This teams gets up to play them, which is something you rarely see for the majority of the team in the league the last few years.

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I’m pretty sure the necklace Shelby is wearing here is actually a mysterious Mayan Temple key passed down through the Herrera family...which we was sadly misplaced after 1995, until now.

In any event, I’m willing to investigate for the benefit of all my cfnet brethren.

[​IMG]

Hakeemtheking and Easy like this.
  8. PhiSlammaJamma

They now have Cousins.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

who gives them another dynamic to attack and hou now has a deeper team. its not necessarily an all complete positive for them.

10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Please give us a full report on your investigation when you are done. You know, like the Mueller report.

11. Voltik

Voltik Member

I was comparing from previous years instead of over the month. If he is consistent throughout the playoffs with these percentages, then he should definitely be extended. Overall offensively and defensively this year he has declined from previous years and that may have been due to team composition with bad roster and injuries earlier in the year. There aren’t many players in the league who can do what Gordon does for us with spacing, driving, cold blood, and defense. I need to see more from him on the defensive end and driving to the paint while finishing throughout the playoffs.

deb4rockets likes this.
  12. Voltik

Voltik Member

Just don’t take two years, more like two days..

Easy likes this.
  13. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

I agree, Gordon is a huge part, but PJ tucker is also a huge role as well. I would say they are almost equally needed, for different reasons

14. solid

solid Contributing Member

I am hoping that Harden is the key to the playoffs. He has had a history of having a gangbusters playoff game and then disappearing. He once set the playoffs turnover record. Against SA he looked stoned. He needs to come to work every game and go full out. No pot, no strippers, no all night partying. Save it for the office season. Focus, focus, focus.

15. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

So fatigue and possible injuries (that weren't made public) couldn't have been higher on your list than mar1juana, partying and strippers?

solid likes this.
  16. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

He's super arrogant. Those comments he said about LeBron before blowing the 3-1 lead was a huge display of arrogance.

BeBreezy likes this.
  17. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

If Eric Gordon can rebound and hold onto the basketball, then yes he is the key

18. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

When Gordon isn't playing we have a huge hole on offense. He and Harden have been our highest scorers. If Paul starts hitting more we will improve. As for rebounding, Tucker, Shumpert, and Nene don't do much of that either. Maybe Faried can be used more in place of Nene or Shumpert, or subbing for Tucker.

ak99999 likes this.
  19. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I was just throwing Shade to Gordon. If the Rockets can protect/rebound the b-ball, they will win the championship

20. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Yeah I agree. I just meant Shumpert and Nene don't score much nor rebound enough, but Faried does.

ak99999 likes this.