1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden: Scott Foster Shouldn’t Referee Anymore Rockets Games

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Reeko, Feb 22, 2019.

1. macan

macan Member

if Tilman has Harden's back, he should file for an official complaint to the league office..well he might be too broke to pay for the fine anyway..

2. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

I don’t know if this is right but SAS also said that the Rockets told him they were 0-7 in home playoff games that he officiated last year. I don’t remember losing 7 home playoff games last year but I could be wrong. Maybe they are combining the last 2 years?

lnchan likes this.
  3. rockets13champs

We only lost 6 playoff games last year
    1 to Minny
    1 to Utah
    4 to GSW

BaselineFade likes this.
  4. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

If it is true that the Rockets are winless when Foster referees the games, then it seems like good games to give Harden off cause it is an auto-loss anyway. Obviously, wouldn’t apply to playoff games even though those are auto-losses as well apparently.

5. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

That’s what I thought. Thank you.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

NBA: James Harden to be fined $[XX,XXX] for his post-game comments on February 21, 2019
    Also NBA: Scott Foster, Tony Brothers, Ken Mauer & the rest of our corrupt refs will go unpunished & will continue to ref for us.

7. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Foster should have been out after he Donaghy verdict obviously but wasn't.

My theory, Foster is the NBAs fixer but not directly involved with gambling in any way shape or form. It's why Donaghy called him so many times. To get the agenda and tips so that Donaghy could make and sell his bets. Foster himself never got involved with betting and Donaghy knew that, as well as knowing that Foster was the fixer and was the guy to call for tips. Makes too much sense given the evidence, what happened to Donaghy, Foster still being in the league, and Foster's peculiar ref stats.

-edit-

to support my theory further.

"10:34 a.m. – Donaghy calls Foster. 10:35 a.m. – Donaghy calls another referee. 10:36 a.m. – Donaghy calls [Thomas] Martino, the “middleman” between him and his bookie. 10:39 a.m. – Donaghy calls Foster. 5:15 p.m. – Donaghy calls Martino. 5:23 p.m. – Donaghy calls Martino. 7 p.m. – Donaghy referees game between the Miami Heat and the Orlando Magic. The Magic win in a rout, 97-68. 8 p.m. – Foster referees a game between the Toronto Raptors and the Memphis Grizzlies in Memphis. The Grizzlies win 110-104. Foster and Donaghy speak 12 minutes after the game. 11:27 p.m. – Foster and Donaghy speak for at least the fourth time of the day. 11:38 p.m. – Foster and Donaghy speak for at least the fifth time of the day.

"The report also said that when Donaghy called Foster, he mostly used the phone that he dedicated to gambling-related phone calls, and the phone calls stopped abruptly when Donaghy said he stopped gambling."

#67 ipaman, Feb 22, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
  8. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

It's not true.

HP3 likes this.
  9. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

I made the mistake of looking at Facebook comments on this...

10. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

Just looked it up and some of these numbers may be miscommunicated.

The home game we lost in round 2 against the jazz was foster
    Game 1 at home loss against the warriors was foster
    Game 6 loss on the road was ken mauer
    Game 7 at home with the infamous 9 missed calls was foster.

So Foster did officiciate the Rockets in every home loss, but it was 3 total. One was game 7. Mauer got us in game 6.

The rockets won the first two series in 5 games, and lost the two of the most important home games against the warriors thanks to foster.

Handles, BaselineFade and Easy like this.
  11. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

While the refs weren’t the only ones responsible for yesterday’s meltdown, Harden is RIGHT.

Foster is a piece of excrement and should not be allowed near an NBA game.

ipaman and slothy420 like this.
  12. JW86

JW86 Member

Pretty weak statement, though he did call him out and say it’s personal. He didn’t go far enough. Should’ve said they rigged the series last year. I still think this game wasn’t lost because of it. Calls were horrendous both ways.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

both ways you say huh

BaselineFade likes this.
  14. YOLO

YOLO Member

the outside narrative is going to be easy to dispel. its going to be something along the lines of the rockets team who relies on refs to put them on the line criticize reffing. and then the casuals eat it all up and brush the actual issue to the side

15. marky :)

marky :) Member

I hate that I was joking about calling my bookie to put money on the Lakers when I saw Scott Foster reffing a game in LA AGAINST the Rockets and then it actually comes true smh.

And no. I didn't bet against the Rockets. I'll never ever do that.

BeBreezy likes this.
  16. malakas

malakas Member

Yeah looking at the discussions in social media is appalling. Most fans are saying it's karma and hope the Rockets will keep being reffed like this.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

its the easiest way to get it brushed away and scapegoat the real issues. and the sad thing is it actually works for the most casual fans out there which is a lot

Fyreball and malakas like this.
  18. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

It was for the previous year as well that it was 7 game streak for Foster.

Scott Foster with Rockets in 2017
    Western Conference 1st Rd Game 3 - Rockets 113, Thunder 115
    Western Conference Semis Game 2 - the Scott Foster/Tony Brothers game - Rockets 96, Spurs 121
    Western Conference Semis Game 6 - Harden fouls out and with 6 turnovers with only 6 FTs - Spurs 115, Rockets 75

19. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

The stat was in the last two years when Scott Foster has reffed us in the playoffs we are 0-7.

So the Thunder, Spurs, Wolves, Jazz, Warriors series.

bballjunkie and BaselineFade like this.
  20. malakas

malakas Member

I'm not even talking about casual fans.
    I don't think that most people who are on nba reddit or realgm count as casual fans.

But if someone hasn't watched this particular game it's easy to put it as a sore loser excuse.
    Someone should compile a video with all the calls so more attention is brought to Foster.

It is sad that not only is Harden and so the Rockets by association hated by most fans, but there is no strong media presence.
    Other teams are hated too but they have media machines to put out their propaganda.
    The Rockets have noone like that.

D-rock likes this.