1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Lakers 2/21/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 18, 2019.

1. amaru

amaru Member

Explain to me how Harden getting to the rim has ANYTHING to do with Tucker AND Green throwing up bricks on OPEN THREE POINT ATTEMPTS?!?!?!

2. major_major

major_major Member

I've seen plenty of refs hose us on calls before, and i've seen the league use officiating to stretch out series or promote favored teams, but tonight was a level of targeted hostility and aggression from beginning to end that might be unprecedented. Even when we were up by 19 the game felt in danger because you could literally feel pressure from the officiating.

Zergling, jcf, malakas and 1 other person like this.
  3. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

It wasn't Foster. The Rockets were up 19 in the 3rd and proceeded to do nothing but jack up contested 3's until late in the 4th. They only scored 7 points through the first 9 minutes of that quarter. Against a sh-tty defensive team I might add.

Once this team is bounced in the first round(assuming they even make the playoffs), D'Antoni needs to go. He literally calls no plays out there, even out of timeouts.

ThrillaNManilla likes this.
  4. rockets94-95

rockets94-95 Member

The lack of discipline has been a problem all season long.

5. jcf

jcf Member

Disagree. Sorry. If you made two more shots, you would have two more questionable calls. Some games you can defeat the refs. When the mission is this clear, it is over.

Zergling and Swiss Roll like this.
  6. eman

eman Contributing Member

I was pleased to see the CC-Manimal combo work. CP3 played well. Otherwise... I regret missing sleep for this nonsense. Good night CFs. Today is another day.

smp likes this.
  7. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Exactly I'm dumbfounded people dont understand how bad this was reffed. Like teams come back from 19 points. So saying they was up 19 u can blame the refs is dumb since u only need to win by one. When harden is fouled out it makes that hard. When u blow the whistle on cp3 when he gets all ball in anticipation of a foul it's hard. When u sizing a guy up n he knocks it handle fuking ur handle harit's hard. I could go on n on

jcf, malakas and Tfor3 like this.
  8. Mr. Space City

They were driving because the role players couldn’t make a wide open shot.

They make shots, the lane opens up.

9. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I'm saying let the players decide. You're focusing on a particular play or 2 ---I'm saying that in a close game (post all star and playoffs especially) the calls go against us in favor of bigger markets

We played like shiit but still could have won but playing shiity 5 on 8 is tough

10. Tankeio

Tankeio Member

I didnt see him shoot in the forth tell harden fouled out.. And the tactic of harden scoring in bunches for the first 3 quarters and letting CP3 take the Rockets home in the forth is what got the Rockets to one win away from the Finals... no?

11. amaru

amaru Member

It was both Foster and poor shot selection. The bricks from our "shooters" opened the door and Foster seized it.

fckbandwagons and HP3 like this.
  12. HP3

HP3 Member

Well we should we beating them by more than one possession. We cant keep losing 19 point leads

13. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

It has happened 5-6 times that I know of.

14. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

How many pts Rockets lead is safe for a win?

10+? no

20+? no

30+? hmm...

15. Ryan_Success

Ryan_Success Member

We missed a lot of shots but we also weren’t getting the whistle when they were. Even though we weren’t hitting we definitely preserve a 19 pt lead with fair calls both ways. The missed shots were the secondary problem. With a lead and fair officiating we don’t rely on as many ill advised 3s going in.

#1595 Ryan_Success, Feb 22, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
  16. HP3

HP3 Member

Getting techs that lose us the game?

17. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Agree ...but what do you do ? Go to the basket ? That fouled Jimmy out....they aren't calling a foul for Harden even if they take his head off. Rebounding ? Sheez. Not hardly. Defense ? Nope...continually see Jimmy, EGO and even CP3 defending down low against LBJ and other bigs going to the hole. My opinion...if you can only give me 10 mins...that's fine but I want all you got for that 10 mins.

jcf likes this.
  18. HP3

HP3 Member

Yea, sure, nothing to do with techs.

jcf likes this.
  19. malakas

malakas Member

The Rockets have already two disadvantages.
    1) they don't have strong media members
    2) Everyone hates Harden.

The only way to bring attention was to create a scene. D'antoni should throw some fck yous to the refs and get thrown out. That is the only way to bring attention otherwise good luck.

You think if this had happened to the Celtics they would have let it pass like that? Bill Simmons would be out there rage posting on twitter.

Tfor3, mike2k132, JayGoogle and 2 others like this.
  20. riko

riko Member

Then you are blind or disingenuous. He shot a 3 and a midrange shot in the last minute and bit

jcf likes this.