1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Steph Curry to coach Bud, Harden reportedly wants to play different offense

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by motleydeflep6, Feb 16, 2019.

1. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

And he has also said that it will be rectified when the team gets healthy. Unfortunately fans can't help but jump to conclusions and complain and overreact.

Patience and biff17 like this.
  2. apollo33

apollo33 Member

This basically back to McHale **** all over again. We don't have the personnel to win games without killing Harden

Invisible Fan and J Sizzle like this.
  3. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I don't like blaming Morey here .

All he does it run stats to give MDA info about efficiency.

He doesn't determine the X's and O's that's solely on the coach .

IMO , Morey has gotten MDA players that he wants and fit his system .

malakas likes this.
  4. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Exactly and CP3 when healthy does not suck. Neither does EG. And Capela is a beast when healthy. Harden was probably telling Curry that when healthy they played that type of ball we only got a fraction of thr comments.

buffalobills!!! likes this.
  5. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I thought this is peak morey ball. The warriors are 2nd in midrange shots. The rockets take 25% of the midrange shots that the warriors do.

6. Newlin

Newlin Member

Kevin McHale is younger than MDA and always preached ball movement.

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

:confused:o_Oo_O

Harden should be grateful? Other stars are getting Big 3’s or even Big 4’s, or if it’s a duo, it’s not with a guy who’s 34 and struggles to play 60 games a season or a declining clown in Dwight. Harden’s prime is being wasted away right before our eyes. If Harden dropped only 25-30 in a game, I wouldn’t even give the Rockets a 30% chance of winning. The man dropped 61 against the sorry Knicks, and we would’ve lost if he had dropped 50 instead. What he has to do is just way too much for 1 guy.

cbs1507, malakas, sungjina and 4 others like this.
  8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Grateful for the declining Dwight Howard?
    Grateful for the declining Chris Paul?
    Grateful for G-League & minimum pickups?
    Grateful for his owner cutting costs (while James goes all-out)?

If James is angry and wants to play "beautiful basketball", I LIKE IT!

GET ANGRY JAMES!

9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

And to think Butler and Cousins aren't even including in those lists.
    Nor is Toronto with Kawhi, Gasol, Lowry (Green, Siakam, Ibaka, Lin)

Mirotic and Morris twins are on those above teams, too.

10. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

anybody have a link with actual sound in it?

Rocket River likes this.
  11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

LOL!!!! I forgot to include Butler and Cousins! My god....yes exactly!

12. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Meanwhile we continue to play hardball with danuel House LMAO

F this management

13. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

First, Curry seems like a little b**** running to someone to snitch something he was told. I'm sure Harden would like his team to be healthy and hit open shots. He may not have to launch as many shots if the latter were happening, but he's also kept his streak alive even when it wasn't really important to the game. I don't blame him for that, hell chasing any record of Wilt is like the search for the Holy Grail.

When Capela returns, it will make this a much more well rounded team on both sides of the ball. Getting CP3 and Gordon healthy will also make a big difference. Shump is going to pay dividends down the stretch, as well as Faried transitioning to bench energy vs starters minutes. I also like having Austin come in and spell CP3 and Harden from ball handling duties and play body up defense on their guards. The starters minutes those guys had to play will help us in the 2nd half and play-offs.

While we've dealt with a lot of injuries, some other teams haven't and they may not be so lucky in the 2nd half and in the play-offs. Energy on defense and hitting open 3s is going to be critical for our success from here. Let's hope everyone steps up their games like Harden has and finishes the season strong.

Rocket River and Artie_Fufkin like this.
  14. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

This, it's crazy to think in the era of superteams and after all the promises Morey made to Harden to hold on help is coming that this isn't a huge letdown. Because of Ryno we sacked last year and have crippled ourselves this year while the owner saves tax money. Butler should have been here. If Morey had wised up sooner George may have been here. No player of that caliber is walking through the doors now or next season. Every other team has the assets and the ability to get what they need. Here we trade in ego on winning in trades. Other teams seem to suck it up and take the kick in the balls quickly and move on. We lost championships because of TMac/Yao injuries. I have the bad feeling that many years from now we will still be cursing Ryno. Morey screwed us bad.

BigggReddd likes this.
  15. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

It’s not the only problem. People look at cumulative stats and don’t realize we have end game collapses because of our offensive strategy.

snowconeman22 and J Sizzle like this.
  16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

D’Antoni gets credit for maximizing Harden and installing a general system that has provided a foundation for a solid offense surrounding him.

But the honeymoon with him is definitely over. His in-game coaching has been virtually nonexistent in a way that, as you said, reminds of McHale. He has provided no sort of strategy outside of Harden being brilliant, and if Harden is acknowledging frustration with how things are going, I can see things going sideways for MDA. MDA has been pretty exposed this season.

17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

It is not an MDA problem. It is a talent problem.

Can Harden have an "NBA all star" teammate? (A healthy CP is that. But health).

Mazulis and BHannes2BHonest like this.
  18. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

This was "beautiful" to me...

19. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Agree with health .

But I think MDA is responsible for some of this . He needs certain types of players to work in his system .

Brogdon and Middleton would not be stars here , because they would sit in the corner and jack up 3's

Same with Tatum , brown , and Harris .

Gordon has a lot of the abilities of some of those guys , but all we want him to do on offense is jack up 35 foot threes .

Also , CP3 hurt his hammy playing on the second night of a back to back when he was coming off injury .... that on MDA

20. HP3

HP3 Member

Yes it is, the numbers don’t back up what you are saying at all. Everything leads back to defense. The one thing that has been consistent in all these losses is that these dudes can’t defend. You look at missed 3s but don’t realize that no one makes every shot they take

Patience and malakas like this.