1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(David Locke) Rockets about to make multiple trades

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Feb 3, 2019.

1. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

Rodney Hood

2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Exum the rich man's MCW.

3. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

That's who I'd expect if this rumor of a 1-2-3 were true.

Chriss + 2nd for Satoransky
    Knight + 1st for Ariza (wishful thinking...)

#63 ArtV, Feb 3, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
    BaselineFade likes this.
  4. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

I don't believe unless it's from multiple sauces

saleem likes this.
  5. pauebtg

pauebtg Member

Burt Steele 2.0

jk...Might be legit, David Locke and Matt Bullard are suppose to be tight.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  6. matchesmalone

matchesmalone Member

Jimmy Butler can play the 1, 2, and 3

luckyman76, D-rock and Possum like this.
  7. Buck Turgidson

[​IMG]

NIKEstrad likes this.
  8. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Tyreke plays for Indiana

MghtyPtrck and saleem like this.
  9. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

123?

Easy as abc! Do re mi! Baby you and me!

Rockets in trade talks for a 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5. Multiple sauce.

BaselineFade likes this.
  10. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

we need to trade a small forward at least same as Ariza's level with Ariza statistic, able to shoot 3 and good defence. . Otherwise we may not able to beat warriors

desihooper likes this.
  11. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

Burks makes sense. ending contract and would cut out LT tax bill in half this year if traded for knight straight up.

Tyreke would be great but I can't see the pacers moving him for knight when oladipo is out and they are trying to hang onto their playoff spot.

Wayne Ellington is a true 2 but he's played the 1-2-3 with all the injuries in Miami. @Codman also mentioned him a bunch of times. however with the heat in the playoff race its unlikely they want to sell off guys for picks.

Satoransky fits the description but the wizards owner said they will not blow the team up and they are trying to make the playoffs. I can't see them moving him for Chriss.

Stephenson could be a possibility for Chriss and Ennis. he could replace ennis' minutes and he just got into a reported altercation with Luke. however I think the rockets should have learned their lesson about locker room guys after Dwight and Melo.

Pope is a true 2 and sometimes a 3, but he did play backup 1 to Stephenson when ball and rondo were injured. rockets have been after him for sometime but I can't see the lakers eating next summers cap space by trading for knight.

Temple makes sense but only in a package with green. by himself the salaries don't work for knight, and any combination of nene/chriss/ennis/hart either doesn't work on the trade machine or sends them over the LT.

E'twaun Moore is a strong possibility. can play the 1-2-3 and is shooting over 40% from 3. package him with a minimum contract player like clark or Frazier (either of whom would fit here as depth) for knight/pick and we would significantly save on the LT bill as well. the pels would be interested in acquiring future picks for obvious reasons.

Evan turner fits the mold but the blazers are trying to win. knight and a pick won't help with that. we could save them some LT with that trade but Tillman isn't looking to raise our LT in the process. doesn't seem likely here.

Shumpert has been a Morey target for a few years. plays the 1-2-3 and the kings are a usual go-to for Morey to get out of a bind. knight/pick for stump saves taxes and adds a veritable 3/D wing. the only issue is the kings want to add wing depth not get rid of it. depends on how they feel about their playoff chances at the moment.

Wilcard - if the jazz/grizz do the rumored conley for Rubio trade either Exum or ingles may have to be included. its possible that we get involved as a third team to take Exum or ingles for knight and a pick.

I would put our best chances at Moore, burks, temple/green, or shumpert in that order.

12. Vivi

Vivi Member

Burks sucks, Tyreke looked washed this season, hopefully it's someone better...

13. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's where I am too. Assuming good health, you have 4 smalls (Beard, CP, EG, and Rivers) and 3 bigs (Capela, Tucker, and Faried) comfortable with in a big game. To round out an 8 or 9 man rotation, you have to find a "3 and D" SF. A "rich man's" Ariza would be ideal (we have enough poor man's Arizas!). Heck, maybe even last year's Ariza would suffice. That's the big piece Morey has to try and acquire.

Quinncy likes this.
  14. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Absolutely.

We already have the best perimeter player in basketball.

Need to address lack of size. Acquiring a tall wing or two and a big man should be the focus.

saleem likes this.
  15. saleem

Yeah, and he is not shooting well this year. An easy pass here.

16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

My guess is temple but would be ecstatic for Moore from New Orleans.

17. saleem

Makes sense. Multiple sources should be better than one.:)

18. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

he would thrive in our system. Indiana's doesn't really fit his skill set. not shooting well because he really doesn't get many chances to. Taking 7 less shots than last season and isn't being used as a play maker, which he is good at

19. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

If someone spoke outta both sides of his mouth does that count as multiple sources?

BTW - - I tho't this guy was legit or at least legit-ish. No?

Artie_Fufkin and saleem like this.
  20. saleem

His shot looks awful right now. Way worse than EG.

justtxyank likes this.