1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Five policemen shot in southeast Houston

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Jan 28, 2019.

1. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

This seems like very shoddy police work.

Even if they had already bought black tar heroin at the house, why wouldn't they just do that again, the same way?

Surely they didn't buy it the first time by also kicking in the door to be charged by the dog??

That's very confusing to me.

I don't think it's ok to shoot anyone, or to sell heroin or drugs out of your house. But I can't make any conclusions as to whether or not the husband/wife were in the wrong here? I have a home. If I heard the door being smashed in, and as that was happening maybe someone yelled police (but unclear if I heard it... we'll never know... I know in the situation whether I heard it or processed it or not might be neither here or there) in a manner that I was able to hear and process but at the same time my dog is attacking (as I'd want my dog to do if someone is breaking into my house) and my dog is then getting shot... well, I'm not a gun guy, but this is kind of the exact situation I'd say to the extent guns are legal, then its to protect your self when someone breaks into your house forcefully and shoots and kills your dog and who knows what next.

WTF did this happen this way?

I can't for any reason fathom why they decided to "bust" in like this.

2. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Yep
    Cop logic
    Police state logic

dachuda86 and Dankstronaut like this.
  3. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Well, suffice it to say I disagree with a lot of this. I'm against this type of "we have to protect people from themselves" thinking. If I want to drink Drano on a Saturday night, that is (or should be) my right to do that.

Now, I can appreciate the neighbor's desire to have peace in their neighborhood. ("we're not going to put up with this") But what were they objecting to precisely? Were they taking a moralistic stance, based on antiquated laws? Or did they not like the amount of "traffic" that the house in question had? If the latter, then perhaps Houston (or some entity) can fine the homeowners for running a business in a residential area. (the problem here is lack of zoning laws) Sometimes you have to move out of a bad area. (I know from personal experience)

And, need I remind you about the "we've got your number" crack by the police union official. That should send shivers down any freedom loving citizen's spine. And the fact that he went to the authoritarianism card means he loses any moral high ground he might think he can lay claim to.

Dankstronaut, JayGoogle and bobloblaw like this.
  4. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

5. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

I by no means consider myself an activist, but the more I hear this Gamaldi guy talk the more I’d consider becoming one. His Fox News interview this morning was grosser than his press conference because he actually had time to reflect and decided to use the same idiotic rhetoric. He isn’t making anything safer for police officers—if anything his threats are making them less safe. Has no one asked for this man to be fired or resign?

6. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

I agree, his statements are disgusting. Hopefully the pressure will mount. But too many people are flying their "we support the police" flags, literally and figuratively.

bobloblaw likes this.
  7. Senator

Senator Member

Another slow member of society acting privileged and entitled.

Black tar heroin is bad!

When you sell it, you strip yourself of rights!

The cops were there to arrest them, not have a little tea party consisting of black tar heroin!

The dealers knew what they were doing and got what was coming to them. Instead of fitting this into your anti police narrative , talk to everyone in your local community about how useless, pointless and horrific black tar heroin is.

8. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If you read the afadavit it actually wasnt tar. It was brown - what they call gunpowder brown. Police chief has yet to get a single fact straight.

Interesting that the CI told police that he was armed with a handgun and they still went with only 4 officers. I'm not qualified to comment on how normal that is but it surprised me. I had assumed they saw an old man and underestimated the danger, but they went in knowing he was armed and in spite of that the guy still shot all 5 of them.

I guess calling out the SWAT team is expensive, but so are hospital bills for tresting gunshot wounds.

The afadavit states that they kicked the door because they believed he would destroy drugs otherwise.

Unfortunately the stash had been moved or something, or the CI lied. Based on the info in the afadavit, the CI pretty clearly fingered this house.

Dankstronaut likes this.
  9. JayZ750

This is the dumbest response ever.

What happened to the “bad guys” is the least of my concern. And undercover officer was killed and many more shot requiring one or more surgeries.

And a dog was killed.

How is any of that good for society?

BruceAndre and Pizza_Da_Hut like this.
  10. Senator

Senator Member

Wrong on so many counts.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/29/us/houston-police-officers-shot/index.html

You worsen the problem with your opinion based narratives.

#50 Senator, Jan 30, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
  11. Newlin

Newlin Member

What's the difference between a confidential informant and a undercover police officer? Are they both trusted equally?

12. Senator

Senator Member

No officer was killed. Another slow member of society making up facts to suit their narrative. No point responding to liars.

13. Ottomaton

Supporting Member

Maybe you could detail what I got wrong? Alternately I can just spam all of your posts with vague accusations that dont actually accuse you of anything tangible.

K. Thx.

#53 Ottomaton, Jan 30, 2019
  14. Ottomaton

Supporting Member

Confidential informant is a criminal working for the po-po. Not an officer at all.

15. Senator

Senator Member

What pleasure do you get by constantly deriding officers who intend to keep our streets safe?

You want to pretend like black tar heroin wasn’t sold from that house?

Do you know the percentage of single or couple drug busts that are successfully done using the same protocol ?

Seriously, go down to any local precinct and ask around. Don’t pretend like you know something the cops don’t.

16. Ottomaton

Supporting Member

If it was then the police officers lied to the judge under oath to obtain the warrant. They clearly describe brown powder. Talk about ME accusing officers. You are now accusing them of perjury.

Also, I guess you think tar is some kind of super-bad type of heroin and saying it was gunpowder instead of tar somehow cheapens it? Tar is actually the cheapest, lowest quality heroin. It's like they followed 90% of the recipe for making heroin and gave up. It's loaded with other Papaver somnifarium
    byproducts - burned latex, codine, papaverine, etc. It is gunpowder (aka free base heroin, brown, or #3) still mixed into leftover sludge from the production process.

I dont know where I derided a single working officer. The police chief is factually challenged - remember the superbowl gear fiasco where he claimed HPD solved the case by itself - but he's hardly "out on the street".

Did you actually read what I wrote, or did you just decide to attack me one sentence in? If you did read it, perhaps you might consider reading it again for the answer to this question.

#56 Ottomaton, Jan 30, 2019
    mtbrays and B-Bob like this.
  17. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Why is heroin illegal?

18. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

BruceAndre likes this.
  19. JayZ750

Lol ok. Article I read was wrong or confusing then.

Since I got that detail wrong your response now is perfectly a ok.

5 officers got shot, many need multiple surgeries ... but none of them died, so all good!! Makes complete sense that they proceeded this way!!!

Your opinion is really dumb

20. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Just to be clear, only 4 were shot. The 5th suffered a knee injury during the chaos that required surgery. Clearing it up because the title is wrong.

JayZ750 likes this.