1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Climate Change

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ItsMyFault, Nov 9, 2016.

1. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I’m convinced it’s this. I’ve seen several people lay out facts that dispute several of his views on various subjects, and he just continues posting the same bs. He’s just a troll.

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I hear he is a Mexican Industrialist

3. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Clearly there is no global warming. :D

4. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Not a uber-expert on coal during Obama, but it was my strong impression that the main thing he did was stifle the coal industry with regulations. (rather than develop clean coal technology--which may or may not be possible)

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Clearly your idiocy is only exceeded by how proud you are of your idiocy

6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lou, I know you've said you have a background in physics but now do advertising, so maybe you can't answer this, but I'm wondering if you know the work of Luboš Motl and his writings on climate change? sincere question.

7. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

8. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

9. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

You do know that there is a difference between weather and climate? Oh yea, you included an emoticon, you must. But for those that don't...

10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

You libs are so stupid. My bottled water was cold this morning so much for global warming haha

B-Bob, rockbox and NewRoxFan like this.
  11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I hadn't heard of him, but I googled him and found this: https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Luboš_Motl

Sounds like he is extreme right-wing and openly racist and anti-left - seeing them as evil.

Look, you can spin facts and information to meet whatever reality you want. So the question is, how do you know if Climate Change is real or not? Maybe these thousands of scientists are wrong right? Maybe NASA is wrong? Maybe every gov't except for Russia, the US, and Saudi Arabia are wrong? Maybe just because climate scientists are predicting the effects of increased co2 on our atmosphere and temperature changes means nothing.

How do you decide whom to listen to? Maybe the oil companies are right and climate change is just a left-wing conspiracy to take control of the world.

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

And it's warmer in the arctic than it is in Chicago right now. Does that tell you something? Can your pea brain compute that?

13. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Yes. It’s just a shame the brainless people such as yourself will never know what that is.

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Use the 18 brain cells you have to answer this question:

Why is it currently colder in Chicago than it is in the arctic? How is it possible that the Arctic - the place that is suppose to be the coldest place in the world, is currently warmer than Chicago? C'mon man, think for once.

15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I swear right wing trolls use projection as a tactic. One of the most obvious cases of projection is the whole "NPC" meme.

Yet, it seems like right wing trolls online regurgitate the same exact talking point in unison.
    One of the latest ones I see being spammed goes along the lines of "lol climate science... Is that the same soy boy science that says there more than two genders?". In the past few months I've seen that line spammed hundreds of slightly varied ways.

These people are idiots or not debating from a sincere position. No, sociology and the study of genders is not the same as mathematical climate models that use thermodynamic and fluid mechanic concepts.

#255 fchowd0311, Jan 30, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
  16. WNBA

WNBA Member

Those right wing trolls are playing politics. They do stuff like MAGA, lock her up, trade war is easy, global warming is china hoax, government shutdown is wanted by people while you guys are talking about truth, science, commonsense, integrity.......You guys are no match for them.

17. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

yeah, that's fair

I guess the PhD in physics and the six years at Harvard don't count?

18. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Except his arguments against climate science have nothing to do with physics or debunking mathematical climate models because he understands that they are sound.

His arguments against climate science stems from some odd theory that proponents are Marxists who want to redistribute wealth. So his physics expertise has no relevence here and he is making an economic claim against climate scientists, not a scientific claim.

Also your logic kinda falls apart because I can merepy point to the hundreds of phycisists who agree with climate acienscien who have graduated from schools like MIT and Caltech. So are you going to discredit their years of experience and education?

20. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

so it sounds like you've made an exhaustive study of his arguments, which is good, I'll look forward to learning more about them from you

lol. so all those climate scientists making economic and policy recommendations . . . ????

logic of what? fall apart exactly . . . I haven't said anything yet

just because someone studies physics (as you correctly suggest above) does not make them a "climate scientist." There are in actuality very few qualified "climate scientists" who are competent to say much at all about the subject.

My original question to Lou was about his B.S. in physics . . . which somewhere along the way he mentioned (I believe) to establish his own credibility and authority to speak on the subject. I simply asked if he was familiar with Motl . . . nothing more, nothing less.