1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kenneth Faried to sign with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Jan 18, 2019.

1. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Great info @Codman, and thanks for sharing. Getting Ellington for Melo alone would be great. As would getting Aminu in the right deal.

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. DVauthrin

Wayne Ellington would fit D’Antoni’s offense like a glove. He’s not J.J. Redick, but the kind of three-point shooter that would be great coming off the bench in the playoffs.

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We have a ton of guards, but shooting is shooting. With Harden, like Lebron, just put 4 elite shooters out there and watch him win...

If he is truly available for a reasonable price, you gotta go grab him.

Y2JT and hakeem94 like this.
  4. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

@Codman hope you're feeling better! thank you so much for posting!

I think a trade with Portland seems the most likely. they seem to overvalue Melo and they have a trade exception that can take him without sending $ back which saves tax for the rockets.

however my favorite piece here is Aminu... we haven't replaced Ariza or luc's 7'2 wingspans yet and guys like James Johnson, Marvin, and bazemore are the best "long defenders" on the market but they don't even crack 7' wingspans. Aminu however, 7'4" and can rebound and hit the 3!

can you give more insight into what the blazers would want for Aminu? I assume they're open to moving him because they can't afford to resign him.

5. DVauthrin

Everyone clamored for better perimeter shooting in the playoffs last season. Ellington fits the bill. Considering the Rockets’ would be giving up nothing they might miss, it’s a no brainer to me.

RudyTBag and hakeem94 like this.
  6. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

when he can play

7. SRR21

SRR21 Member

Monday against Philly

bro2044 and elmotsangtt like this.
  8. Vivi

Vivi Member

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ycqf59xu

I wonder how much Miami is valuing JJ at this point, he's not exactly playing a great season so far, and he's about to turn 32 (way older than their core) with a 3 year deal on the books (15M per season). If they swap him with Knight they obviously still lose value in terms of player, but not as much as if they would've done this 12/15 months ago. They would cut 15M in contracts going forward for a player that i'm not really sure has a market at this point...and they also get out of the tax. I wonder if this is something possible without moving a 1st rounder...probably not cause Riley is definitely going to play hardball with Morey, but who knows...maybe we don't want to take back JJ in the first place lol

ilias likes this.
  9. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Somehow, I doubt it's Aminu. He shares an agent with one Danuel House jr.

10. Mathloom

Supporting Member

What do you mean shooting is shooting? We still have to play defense after those shots and there are still only 48 minutes in a game. If we have anything of value to give, there are areas we are bleeding non-stop that more shooting won't cure.

11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

So maybe moray is blackmailing him to get us both aminu and danuel

BaselineFade likes this.
  12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I doubt it’s aminu because he’s good. Why would Portland want to dump him for the carcass of Melo?

Huncho Bean, Nook, Hmc415 and 3 others like this.
  13. riko

riko Member

Unless morey throws in a first rounder it’s unlikely. Cod man has a great track record so I tend to believe what he says.Portland would certainly want a draft pick for sure. Chief Aminu would be a godsend

BaselineFade and hakeem94 like this.
  14. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Agreed. I would like to act surprised a prosecutor agrees but it’s not surprising at all anymore, truly, the only person I’ve met who doesn’t is an unpleasant cop (also family, didn’t just seek one out lol) who isn’t willing to hear anyone else’s perspective on anything. So the only nay vote I’ve ever heard (nobody ever asks for his thoughts....) came from a guy who made a living stuffing stoned teenagers into his expensive cab. Eye rolls!

As for Faried, pretty much just need Capela-lite. Be a lob threat, even if you don’t catch 5 a game 2 will keep defenses honest and Harden can continue his ultra aggression. Not expecting rim protector but unless he’s already declined physically I think he’s got enough juice to switch. Our defense really isn’t great anyway. The prospect of having a lob threat for 48m is intriguing....

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

THIS
    he is perfect for this championship run perhaps even to extend him going further well worth giving up a first rounder or even 2

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

What's the latest on the waiver front?

Does Faried need a new spot or not?

17. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Portland might do something stupid especially if he tells them he's walking in summer, but the agent is not going to ignore this.

18. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Worth a try but Portland has a say and sit one playoff spot above us.

19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

they arent going nowhere with aminu this year anyway so why not get a first rounder for him?
    it would be smart
    PLUS they get a superstar to set precendent for other fa s going to portland

20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

its a mirage and they know it as soon as they go on a 3 games losing streak they will be out of po picture completely
    i talk with a blazer fan on a daily basis