1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Make or Break Stretch

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaneB, Dec 19, 2018.

1. DaneB

DaneB Member

These next 10 games may finally what makes or breaks us.

This game tomorrow against the Heat is the 2 game in a back-to-back and then:

Spurs
    Thunder
    Celtics
    Pelicans
    Grizzlies
    Warrirors
    Blazers
    Nuggets
    Bucks

Despite being 7th place, only 5 games separates us from 1st place. Who would have thought it was possible to be here this late in the season despite playing so poorly?! We can do it!!

malakas, Remlap, Tfor3 and 11 others like this.
  2. J.R.

J.R. Member

3. LUK3

LUK3 Member

4. apollo33

apollo33 Member

k clutchfans gonna be total meltdown after about 3 games. not looking forward to this

5. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Be nice to win them all but realistically we teakky do need to go 7-3 over the next 10 which included Tom night in Miami.

I think we can do it.

I’ll be pretty disappointed if we don’t tbh.

23-17 after that tough stretch would be a major turnaround from we’re we were.

I’d love to just win 15 straight but I don’t see that happening lol

carib, hakeem94 and Lawlruschang like this.
  6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

No real contenders. They aren't even that good. ;)

BigShasta, Os Trigonum and DaneB like this.
  7. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

Too soon to resurrect those streak threads from last season I take it?

8. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I like this team's chances as low as a 5th seed. We haven't played well, but with guys improving and some slight tweaks, we're fine.

Also, PJ's shooting is beautiful lately. That three pointer from the corners is automatic. He's worked hard to improve. Little things like that will matter late in the season.

Clint needs to become a monster every game, not here and there. That will make epic changes for us.

James...hell, James is fantastic. I don't care about his defense if he's putting up 30/9/9. I can deal with his lapses there.

My main concern is CP staying healthy and Ennis learning his role. He doesn't understand what we need from him yet.

We're going to be alright, and I'm usually the one with anxiety. If we still had Jet trying to be our peace maker, I'd be concerned. That was scary. This is just a rough start.

ROXTXIA, carib, topfive and 7 others like this.
  9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

We can beat the Bucks, Blazers, Spurs, and Grizzlies, and perhaps 1-3 out of the others. It's going to be tough, but getting off to a good start against the Heat can be helpful.
    Go Rockets!

10. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

These next 10 games will tell us a tremendous amount about the team

hakeem94 and saleem like this.
  11. saleem

What do you expect from EG? Your point about CP3 is well taken.
    It's imperative for them to play consistently well.

Do you think the Wizards might have a mini fire sale? Kieff or Green would be good additions for our Rockets.
    Green is older, so I assume he will be a bit easier in theory to acquire.

12. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

(EDIT)

Re EGO: Like you, EGo has been rumored to be a central piece in any Rockets trade for an IMPACT player, but not necessarily depth. But, if you remember the past times where Ego was rumored to be moved, he had slumps. Same as Ryno. Ego pulled through, but I think it effects him...the business of it all.

I do know that my friend feels pressure right now. He knows he's wanted and has the respect of everyone on the team, but he also knows his age and contract make him expendable. He's the happiest he's been in Houston, but because of where we are today, along with Clint's emergence, he anticipates a possible move, but hopes, like me, that he stays put.

You might infer the same for Ego, in terms of anxiousness. I have no proof of that, so please don't quote me on a diagnosis. :)

_______

The Wiz are still selling. I know the board has a boner for Otto lol.

Anyway, through circles, Beal has said he wants his "own." Kind of like Kyrie leaving LBJ. He wanted to go out and show that he was a better player than what people saw, and he wanted to do it on a team where he could lead.

Beal quietly wants the same situation, where he can be an all star without deferring to Wall. I think he's got a valid point, if true, to want to leave JW's shadow. Honestly, I'd take Beal over JW on that team anyway.

If you want Beal on your team, be prepared to take on Ian and fillers. Wash still holds tight onto Otto and Tomas though. That's what I've heard.

I knew Kelly was going to be dealt before the season began. That was a given with his talent and contract. The Rockets did have feelers there.

Dwight is another nightmare for them.

And yes, 'Kieff is available. Admittedly, that's "Twin" in my sig. ;)

Personally, I want Trev back, but that was a good move for Wash and for Wall's sanity.

#12 Codman, Dec 19, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
    ROXTXIA, Deuce, DM'sVP and 7 others like this.
  13. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

easy money.

14. saleem

Thanks Cod. Much appreciated as always. I feel EG has been rattled since the Butler situation erupted.
    Kieff might be nice, I don't think he will come cheaply though. Otto is too expensive, and not worth it. Tomas is nice, and undoubtedly is going to be difficult to acquire. I would settle for Jeff Green, but without giving up a 1st rounder or a significant piece. That won't be easy either. If you here anything about Brogdon, please let me know. He could be a solid backup PG.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Fight like a Dane (B)!

16. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

A 10-0 stretch and the 1 or 2 seed would be nice. :cool:

17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

7-3 would be awesome and probably 3rd or 4th seed
    we can do it

BaselineFade and Rocket River like this.
  18. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Interested to see how they look tonight. Last time we won five in a row on our way to 9-7, we promptly lost 4 in a row, including losses to the lowly Cavaliers and Wizards. If the Rockets truly have turned a corner, they'll take care of business tonight and play well in this upcoming stretch.

BigShasta and hakeem94 like this.
  19. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I'll do it..

I'm predicting 8-2..

Last night felt like the corner. After all the struggles and turmoil, something exciting and fun like breaking the NBA 3pt record should feel like a reset.

It just feels like the "grind" of the season was washed away last night after something as random as MCW breaking the record.

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. YOLO

YOLO Member

theres still half the season left after this stretch. you win as many games as possible of course but it isn't a make or break.

hakeem94 likes this.