1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Family Law attorneys on CF or ppl that have been involved in Child Custody cases

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ferrari77, Oct 21, 2018.

1. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Won custody as father this year. Shoot me your questions.

2. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

My ex wife and I had agreed on financial terms. The financial part wasn't contentious between us. But the attorneys I spoke with or hired kept trying to convince me I was getting the raw end of the deal and that I should never agree to her demands. I kept telling them I didn't care what they think and just to get it done. The last one also took his sweet ass time filing and responding to her attorney to the point where they thought I was b'sing. I just copied everyone on an email (despite my attorney warning me not to do so) instructing what had to be done.

It was f'n ridiculous.

Yung-T and likestohypeguy like this.
  3. likestohypeguy

Whatever difference it was that all the attorneys didn't like you conceding so much, you were of course directly purchasing your own sanity with it. Probably a good value. Still can't believe they would put up such a fight that you had to replace more than one... why do they care so much? Family law attorneys don't get a % cut like in civil suits do they?

4. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

They don't get a %. I had negotiated a fairly low price with the attorney to just file paperwork etc. But maybe they wanted to drag it on longer and then come back to me saying its not as simple as I told them it would be...

One told me that he wished he was married to me and divorcing me lol

Yung-T likes this.
  5. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

This. Doesn't help the OP though. But maybe others can learn from other people's experience.

ferrari77 likes this.
  6. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Thanks for the offer B-Bob. Unfortunately I'm not in the Bay Area but I think King of 40 Acres might be of assistance to me in Texas.

B-Bob likes this.
  7. LouisHTown

LouisHTown Member

Hey. I am a family law attorney in Houston as well, if you need to speak about anything.

Is this one of the girls you were deciding on a while back? You said they were both successful so I was wondering.