1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Robert Mueller, Former F.B.I. Director, Is Named Special Counsel for Russia Investigation

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, May 17, 2017.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I think he will still push for his spin into the written answers. Do we know if the answers will be made public? If yes, I am even more certain certain he will want to spin the answers.

2. jcf

jcf Member

These are great points (along with your immediate preceding) post. But, Ieaving narcissism, etc aside, testifying with criminal consequences is always a dicey proposition given the vagaries of memory. I know some folks have better recall than others (and your Pont of should remember due to fear of reprisals is interesting), but I think sometimes a person is trying to testify honestly and gives demonstrably inaccurate information because they have filled in gaps with what they want to have happened or expect should have happened (among many other reasons).

With Trump, answering these questions could be a disaster for him.

Nook likes this.
  3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He would have to truly believe that he has the Senate behind him and that there is 0 chance that 18 Republican senators would never vote to remove him.

4. NewRoxFan

5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

One element I’ve been wondering if Mueller has spun off into another investigative body is the Trump relationship with the Saudis since it might not technically be in his mandate.

I’m guessing the FBI probably has something startling on the Trumps and might even have an active investigation going on we have no idea about totally seperate from the Russians investigation. There’s just something very wrong about what is going on there.

Trying TWICE to give up a Turkish dissident who will be tortured and murdered in order to get one dictator to by nicer to another dictator who just brutally murdered a journalist. (This is where the Michael Flynn cooperation is surely producing something interesting with the Saudis involved) That’s a big giant WTF right there. If the shoe was on the other foot, you know damn well the Republicans would be impeaching Obama or Clinton on the grounds of attempted murder.

6. NewRoxFan

7. NewRoxFan

8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

This one really does deserve a new dedicated thread.

da_juice, Nook and B-Bob like this.
  9. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Ask yourself these questions. Why all of a sudden Trump decided to answer Mueller's written questions? What happened the last couple weeks? Trump's firing of sessions had nothing to do with trying to stop the special counsel. This is all about getting information on what Mueller has on him. He got his own Nunez in the DOJ now. So makes answering the questions a hell of a lot easier now that he probably knows what Mueller has him. I don't know why anybody has not brought this up. This is the biggest danger right now with Whitaker in charge.

da_juice, mdrowe00, B-Bob and 2 others like this.
  10. NewRoxFan

11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Rudy G’s response yesterday was pretty telling though that the questions they did say they answered, shouldn’t be a surprise because it’s out in the public anyways.... meaning it sounds like he did admit to several key obstructionist acts. He’s just hoping nobody cares to where he can brush off any charges he thinks he won’t be indicted for since he’s a sitting president.

It also says that they refused to answer some of the questions which means it’s certainly not the last time Mueller likely tries to get an interview. They’ll likely want to force Trump to try and plead the 5th.

That’s another area where Whitaker is a threat. He will likely never agree to subpoena the president to answer all the questions, and then the refusal means this goes to Congress which will likely go to Paul Ryan for the time being and then possibly into the courts where Mueller might be able to get a ruling on the rights of the President to ignore a subpoena while not pleading the 5th.... which is where Trump is likely banking on Kavanaugh paying off.

Needless to say, there’s a lot going on here and that’s just involved in the presidential interview which I personally believe Mueller cares very little about. The way he’s acting now tells me he doesn’t really need it or he would’ve subpoena’d him a year ago.

I actually think how this ends is, Mueller takes no chances and actually has the grand jury indict Trump in January with Congress changes hands. Knowing Whitaker will refuse then Mueller is able to immediately send the entire report to Congress and then it becomes public.

In the meantime I think you’ll see the last round of indictments really soon. All the while the SDNY are building their case and ready to charge people shortly after.

This will be hard as hell for Whitaker to stop all together. If Whitaker wastes his bullets in the chamber on the presidential interview I think that’s a huge waste of his capital .... what little he has.

12. NewRoxFan

Mueller keeps working through the holiday...

da_juice, B-Bob and No Worries like this.
  13. adoo

adoo Member

pre-Trump campaign / birtherism,

Jerome Corsi was a conservative political operative / propagandist; his claim to infamy had been
    the "SwfiftBoat" smear campaign against John Kerry Vietnam War record during W's re-election.

Despite winning Vietnam War service medals, Kerry lost to the draft evader,
    due in no smaller part the Swiftboat smear / lies​

#4673 adoo, Nov 23, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
    LFE171 likes this.
  14. NewRoxFan

15. Nook

Nook Member

Collins is a lame duck.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  16. Nook

Nook Member

On the issue of Mueller wanting to depose the President. I am sure that Mueller would gladly depose the President, but it likely isn’t necessary at this point. The interrogatories Mueller sent to the President are certainly tailored in such a way to lock the President into his version of events regardless of how he answers the questions. That is to say Mueller doesn’t really care what the President says in response because Mueller already knows where everyone was and what happened. So the President can essentially admit or deny what the question asks and it doesn’t materially change anything other than alert Mueller what the Trump line of defense will,

Honestly it may have been in Trump’s best interest to give a deposition very early in the investigation and refuse any subsequent interviews or interrogatories later in the investigation after Mueller has a better idea of what happened.

Rashmon, da_juice, mdrowe00 and 3 others like this.
  17. NewRoxFan

LOL...

adoo and No Worries like this.
  18. NewRoxFan

19. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

20. adoo

adoo Member

• Federal prosecutors and defense attorneys for Paul Manafort said in a new filing Monday that President Trump’s one-time campaign chairman violated his plea agreement.
    can one infer that, behind the scenes, pardons are being dangled in front of these two crooks <

#4680 adoo, Nov 26, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2018