1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Redskins

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Nov 13, 2018.

1. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

This is like rinse wash repeat.

Texans do great one half horrible the other.

Barely win.

This time all the way down to a missed last second field goal two weeks in a row.

I guess the dolphins game they had it all put together.

Houstunna likes this.
  2. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Thanks for the input, but what did my comment say? Even if they did average 34 points in those 6 game doesn't make my statement wrong. Under shtty BoB offense, we have never average over 24 points in a season. (don't worry i checked.)

lw17 likes this.
  3. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Saying Fluke-ish is implying they didn't deserve to win.

Every single one of the 7 games involved plays that the Texans had to execute in order to secure the win.

Houston played sloppy today and beat a 6-3 team on the road.

This is unprecedented area in the O'Brien era.

A young team and Quarterback learning to win.

It is important for the playoffs.

raining threes and Rodman23 like this.
  4. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Bad game for Deshaun. Playcalling still mostly vanilla except the one or two times they passed when I expected them to run. We saw it with Kubiak and we’re seeing it with BOB too: that conservative gene rears its ugly head as soon as they can see the finish like. 4:30 left to play with a 2 point and the ball at your own 35? TIME TO SHUT IT DOWN.

Playing scared like that—just trying to run out the clock when it’s a less than one possession lead and your #1 priority should still be to score as much as possible—is going to get this team killed against anybody we would face in the playoffs.

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Fluke doesn't mean they didn't deserve to win. The Texans have been lucky to win most of these games. You would agree to that. We should all agree to that. That's the definition of "fluke". The Texans have done things that should lose them games, but they pulled them out..

6. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

We are in great position to nab our first bye week playoff berth in franchise history. We can up our chances if Chiefs lose to Rams tomorrow. Great sign that the game moved back to LA from Mexico.

7. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Still unlikely, we are behind Patriots, Chiefs and Steelers for it (if Jaguars won today that would have helped) Still need Patriots to lose one more since they own tie breaker over us.

8. Buck Turgidson

That was the day I learned I don't ski moguls.

At least I never Bono'd myself on a tree.

raining threes, Marteen and King1 like this.
  9. King1

King1 Contributing Member

I think the issue a lot have is this won't win in the Playoffs. The league is actually pretty open this season. The defense is there. The offense has the talent to get there. The play calling is poor

10. Newlin

Newlin Member

I don't view it as a bad game for Watson. Sure, he made some mistakes. But, the man was being protected by a bunch of third stringers. If we ever get a real NFL quality offensive line, Watson is going to be unstoppable.

raining threes likes this.
  11. conquistador#11

they can just be average, 15th or 16th ranked. but like we saw with Alex smith who turns over the ball once every blue moon, turnovers can be contagious in a single game.

Daddy Long Legs and King1 like this.
  12. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

Texans looked like they had this game in hand early - then we lost two starting olinemen in quick succession and the game changed.
    That they won this on the road against a team leading their division is remarkable.
    While we all want to see this team win convincingly, the fact they are winning these struggling games is going to hold them in good stead.
    If they are healthy at the right time, they will be a team to reckon with.

TejasTom and raining threes like this.
  13. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Shhhhh. This type of thinking upsets the fans, we just won why use hard cold truth to spoil the winning mood, they won't like it.

juanm34 and King1 like this.
  14. jtexan

jtexan Member

This is without a doubt the worst 7-3 team I've ever seen. Not trying to be a hater, but they just don't pass the eye test. They just as easily could be 3-7.

lw17 and juanm34 like this.
  15. tmacfor35

I am sorry, but BoB is 27-1 with the lead at the half. That is incredible.

The defense has made plays when they needed to.

lw17 likes this.
  16. tmacfor35

Team came out and dominated the Redskins the first two drives with a balanced run and passing attack.

Lost there starting two guards and immediately Watson was running for his life.

The Defense was dominating up until Colt McCoy came in to the game and just like the Bills game, struggled against a different QB.

17. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

They're not a great 7-3 team. They're a good team though.

They manhandled a 6-3 division leader for a good half of football until the wheels fell off.

With an easy schedule the rest of the way, I will happily call them the worst 13-3 team I've ever seen though.

Next week against Tennessee is gonna be a great one.

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

19. conquistador#11

they could also be 9-1, fake punt and Clowney personal foul when he's on the sidelines.

20. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

Well it’s all about matchups. If they get the 3 seed I think they can beat the ravens, titans, bengals, dolphins and maybe the colts depending which of those teams gets the 6 seed. If they are the 4 seed I think the chargers win and win fairly easily.

I’m just going to enjoy the journey...