1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Redskins

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Nov 13, 2018.

1. mario_v

mario_v Member

Would you rather score 35 ppg and lose like we did against the patriots, seahawks chiefs last year?

raining threes, whag00 and Uprising like this.
  2. UrbanEnterprise

2 missed field goals, 3 INT and a very questionable fumble call on Hopkins is not BoB fault.

Texans ran the ball well too.

Quit the b****ing. 7 wins in a row is not a fluke. Texans are a very good team.

3. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Came to see what everyone is complaining about this week after another win...

4. conquistador#11

what did they say? I didn't even know they did post games. Listening to the 610 one, leave it to the guys that have never played a down on 610 to also feel bummed out about a win. wtf.

5. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

What kind of delusional bs are u on? We have never average 35 ppg (points per game in a season). Our highest seasonal ppg under Shtty BoB is rn with 24 points.

6. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

R-E-L-A-X

Uprising likes this.
  7. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Why? Obviously BOB made the right choice... eating the clock was the smartest thing to do and it got us the win.

mario_v likes this.
  8. mario_v

mario_v Member

I was talking about the first half of the season when Watson was throwing 3-5 tds a game and they were still losing.

9. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I'm not saying they can't/or shouldn't... but I just question the whole topic as they haven't really had a short yardage struggle since the Cowboys game? (and that featured several Watson runs attempting to get it).

But yes, I would rather not have Watson take extra hits since he does absorb enough contact in the pocket.

raining threes likes this.
  10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

They aren't really bummed on 790 they just seem really smug. They are dismissing most of the concerns from the callers. I know the Texans are on a 7 game run, but there are still some concerning things that have been going on since the Texans lost 3 to begin the season

I'm listening to 610 now. it's much much much better.

11. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

No Qb is going to excel behind an OL that is getting destroyed by a 4 man rush.

There was a reason why the Texans almost beat the Patriots in 16' with Brock Osweiler.

12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Texans have been winning in a very fluke-ish manner.

13. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Do u even know y we lost even when scoing so much? Our sht HC outright admitting it was his fault.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/09/nfl-patriots-texans-bill-obrien-mistakes
    To his credit, O’Brien took full responsibility for both gaffes. “I screwed that up. My mistake,” he said of the late timeout.

On the decision to kick a field goal on 4th-and-1: “Again it’s on me. You can’t kick field goals in the red area. We had too many field goals down there. And we leave too much time on the clock. [Brady’s] a tough guy to defend. He’s done it for a long time.”

Keep defending our sht HC, doesn't help much when he's outright admitting he fked up.

14. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

They beat three teams at or above 500 in this stretch.

Defense has been elite.

anyways....

15. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

It’s the NFL... almost every game could be called “Flukeish”

The only teams that have decisively won most their games are the Chiefs, Rams and Saints. And not even they have been perfect.

What do you guys expect? We aren’t going to win every game 35-7

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

ok nothing you said is wrong.. Texans have still been winning in very fluke-ish ways. I don't understand why we cant say that even though they are on a 7 game run. Nobody can take the wins away.

17. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Those 6 games with Watson last season, Texans were averaging 34 points a game.

18. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

33 years ago to the day. Wow.

19. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

The WORST very good Team ever ;)

There's a Top 2 seed and maybe advance to the CC.. but I wouldn't bet either happen. Pessimistic Houston fan. Will eat crow if applicable.

Injuries are mounting too.

20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

What's wrong with you guys.. Trash wins are still wins.. You should't get offended if fans point out how trash the wins are.. like I said, they can't take the wins away. WE ALL LIKE THE WINS.

Houstunna likes this.