1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Warriors drama/bickering- KD vs Draymond

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ferrari77, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Iggy has a Finals MVP over Curry. Dumars has one over Zeke. That doesn't mean they were their teams most important player. Same goes for Kawhi. Duncan still finished ahead of Kawhi in playoff scoring, rebounding, assists and he was their defensive anchor. He also led the Spurs in playoff PER and win shares.

So....he quit. You are just listing why.

The only franchise Kawhi destroyed is possibly SA.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Vivi likes this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Brata!

#123 daywalker02, Nov 15, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
  4. BigBum

BigBum Member

I think GS want more spending, but Rockets don't.
    Tyson Chandler says he also received interest from the Warriors when a buyout from the Suns became apparent but couldn’t picture himself wearing another uniform than the Lakers so he went home to L.A.

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Ok...but I will also repeat...

Did Iguodala do that on his team?

Duncan finished with 2 points more than Kawhi and .3 more assists. Yeah he finished with more rebounds, he better considering his position. Kawhi also averaged 2 steals per game in the playoffs which is impressive itself.

I have no idea why he 'quit' the reason could have been justified. The Spurs aren't perfect. Ujiri claims that the only reason they had a chance at Kawhi was because of 'medical drama' and we know Kawhi stopped trusting the Spurs medical team and went to get outside medical opinion. From there it seems the Spurs possibly mishandled the situation by not just telling everyone that there was a good chance he would be out for the season, the mixed message that he could return any day now led to a players meeting that apparently Kawhi took the wrong way and then led to Spurs vets throwing shade at Kawhi...at that point he's gone.

The Spurs side of the story is that Kawhi was never really all that hurt and could have played. Parker saying his injury was "100x worse" to the press and Popovic constantly referring to 'his group' has to not sit well with a player. If he really is hurt, as he claimed, you're basically calling him a punk. Why would he want to return then? It's entirely possible then that the Spurs mishandled the situation, especially considering Kawhi's history of being a fabled gym rat, hard worker, model teammate, etc etc.

Either way, I'll drop it. This is so off topic.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

Next lair of Durant.

B-Bob likes this.
  8. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Check this out:

He gone.

clutchdabear likes this.
  9. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Draymond is a piece of **** . But at least he's authentic. I can respect that .

KD is a snake . I really dislike him .

10. HP3

HP3 Member

Nah, I will disagree. Whatever we think about KD decisions towards basketball, he's actually a pretty good dude off the court. Draymond on the other hand, that's foul. I used to think he would do whatever's best for the team, but this dude ....man. I HATE people who criticize others but accept cant criticism themselves.

Also, this is the same guy who called Durant in the parking lot crying lol.

clutchdabear and snowconeman22 like this.
  11. Dutchrudder!

Dutchrudder! Member

Oh, cause someone tweeted it, it's true? lol...

If anyone has real video of that in an exchange with KD, I would love to see it. The sports world would be on fire if it were true.

12. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Maybe, Draymond is driving out KD so he can get a max contract with Golden State.

If Durant and Thompson sign max deals with the Dubs this offseason, there’s really no money left to sign Draymond next year and they probably let him walk. Draymond probably knows this and knows Thompson is likely to sign back with the Dubs so his only chance is to drive out KD.

Wouldn’t put it past him; he’s a lot more cunning than folks give him credit for. Statement about winning without KD shows where his feelings are on this.

clutchdabear likes this.
  13. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Durant is a front runner/mercenary.

He will always be most noted for his b**** move, more than his championships.

seeingred and Jake Tower like this.
  14. J.R.

J.R. Member

The guy who recruited you/called you in the parking lot, your own teammate calls you what everyone & their great grandmother knows :D Respect? Like non.

[​IMG]

Vivi and Zboy like this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Or.....I know you are a b****, everyone knows..... we want u back but u are still a b****. Decision is on you.

We would like to have you back but we have won without you. b**** I dare you Leave!

seeingred likes this.
  16. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Has ownership actually made an official statement that they won't go deep into the luxury tax to keep that unit together, or is that just broad speculation by the field at large? While some see Draymond as deceptively intelligent, I subscribe to a different theory: he's an egotistic idiot. I don't think KD blocks Draymond from signing his max deal as much as some would speculate, I just think that Draymond is insulted that a guy who may or may not stick around has higher clout than Draymond does. I think that eats at him.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Source: Only Draymond Green Is Bothered By Kevin Durant's Free Agency Situation

The Kevin Durant-Draymond Green situation isn't about Durant's free agency as much as it is about Green's vocal attitude toward it, according to sources. While there could be others in the locker room who don't like how Durant has approached his free agency situation, no one has chosen to express their views like Green.

“No one cares except for Draymond,” said one source.

Green and Durant were spotted walking into the Toyota Center for shootaround together and generally appeared to be back to normal with their interactions.

“It’s very special,” Green told The Athletic about the prospect of a three-peat. “And no, it won’t be perfect. Not one championship we’ve won has been perfect. Ain’t no season perfect. It won’t be perfect, and that’s just the nature of the beast. But it’s a special thing to be on a run and to win three in a row, four out of five championships, which I think hasn’t been done since the ’60s. That’s a special thing, and we’re focused on making that happen.”

“We’re banged up a little bit physically, and right now we’re banged up spiritually,” Steve Kerr said after Golden State's blowout loss to Houston. “There’s no getting around that. So we’ve got to fill up our cup, and get our spirit back and get our energy back. And we’re going to. It’s a long season. This is a tough stretch we’re dealing with. I know our guys.

“Draymond (no points, five rebounds, five assists and five turnovers) may not have had his best night tonight — in fact, he played pretty poorly, (but) I liked his approach. He was genuine out there. He was competing. Nothing went his way, but I like where he’s heading. And now the rest of the team, we’ve got to all lift our spirits up and get back on the saddle.”

Vivi likes this.
  18. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

There’s not a video but that tweet is from the reports which came from GSW writer and been reported by Sham also. Pretty big thread on reddit about this specific quote. It happened bro

19. Reeko

Reeko Member

Draymond recruited KD to come join them, but even he thinks KD is a b*tch for actually taking him up on his offer

that must cut deep for KD...he’s outta there

HP3 likes this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

2 years of restraining himself is not a bad record by Draymond. 2 championships for everyone and KD.