1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2018-2019] Jeremy Lin as an Atlanta Hawk

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by swyyyguy, Jul 12, 2018.

1. riko

riko Member

Lance Stephenson is a nut job . He could have easily done serious damage to Lin but what’s even more strange is not one of teammates went to back him up

2. Man Dingo

Man Dingo Member

To where? CBA?

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

so you bumped this thread.. hmmm @Zboy

they do have a plan for Lin

It's called helping them get Zion Williamson

4. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

At a minimum, his expiring contract will be valuable to some NBA teams. And the good news for him is that he definitely looks like he's getting back into game-shape and shaking the rust off. I'm hoping he gets an opportunity to start somewhere, but would be happy with an opportunity to be a back-up PG on a decent team with a role like he had in Charlotte.

5. yoeddy

I was traveling and hadn't visited here in a few days. Saw that you quoted/responded to an earlier post of mine so I chimed in with my response. Sorry if I didn't quote your comment first, but that's what I was responding to.

6. yoeddy

With the trip? It was pretty subtle...not sure if anyone actually saw what happened on the court.

7. tinman

Supporting Member

the internet is available everywhere unless you went to North Korea , then maybe you don't have access to all the team sites you joined because of Lin

8. yoeddy

Yeah, I guess I should have come back sooner...didn't think you'd miss me so much...my bad.

9. tinman

Supporting Member

you bumped this thread, has nothing to do with my response to you

and your view that the hawks have no plans for lin is false

their plan is working perfectly

10. yoeddy

You quoted one of my posts since the last time I was here, so I saw that notification. I continued to read posts and rather than responding to every one, I just put my thoughts about Lin as an Atlanta Hawk in one post (after all, that is the subject of this thread, no? Lin as an Atlanta Hawk?).

Are you saying that Atlanta's plan is to reduce Lin's value and get him out of the NBA? Why would they do that?

11. yoeddy

Btw - awesome play by Lin on Durant the other night against GSW!

12. tinman

Supporting Member

You could pretend all you want
    You obviously have a lin fan imagination about what happens when he gets traded
    And he appears to be traded often

13. yoeddy

Not sure what you are trying to say. I said that the Hawks didn't have plans for Lin, and you said they did and are executing the plan perfectly. So I'm trying to understand what you think that plan is.

In terms of what my "imagination" about what happens when he gets traded, sure, I have some hopes that he'll end up in a situation that is positive for him (whether it be as a starter or as a backup). Right now, he is not in a positive situation for him, and I don't see the Hawks looking to keep him, so it feels like they will try to trade him before the trade deadline. How is that such a terrible thing?

In terms of Lin getting "traded often", he's actually only been traded twice in his career...once by the Rockets and once by the Nets. Everywhere else he's been, he signed a FA contract. Do you consider twice as "often"?

14. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Honestly, why would anyone trade for him? I feel bad for the dude as you never want to see anyone get hurt but he just isn't even a viable NBA player anymore. Only reason I could see is marketing and even then I don't hear him mentioned. I think it's over for him unless he wants to be an end of the bench player who gets spot minutes due to injury

15. tinman

Supporting Member

They are tanking
    They want to add another lottery pick and pair him with Trae Young

He will 'mentor' Trae then he will be gone after they get Zion or Barrett in the draft

16. yoeddy

At a minimum, his expiring contract is attractive to some teams. And of course, other teams may suffer injuries that leave them short-handed at guard and could use a player like Lin (if Lin proves to be healthy and able to return to something close to his pre-injury form).

Not sure why you are so sure that he "isn't even a viable NBA player anymore". He's 14 games back from his injury/surgery and if you've been watching him play, he's getting better every game. The idea that how he's playing right now is as far back from injury he's going to come back to is definitely premature. At the moment, he's scoring more per game than Rondo (9.5ppg) in fewer minutes per game, shooting percentage is similar to CJ McCollum and Victor Oladipo (45%), and he's continuing to get better. WAY too early to say he's not viable in the NBA anymore.

17. yoeddy

If they wanted to tank and Lin is so terrible, wouldn't they play him more (not less)? Like I said...they have no plan for Lin. He's there to give Trae a breather every now and then, but that's it. So I can see that we are probably in agreement about this...except that you think that this is the Hawks' "plan" for Lin, whereas I see it as them having no plan for Lin at all.

18. tinman

Supporting Member

you can cherry pick stats. look at their record, no pressure to score in meaningless tanking games.

and he's not as good as Victor Oladipo , that's some LOF wishing there
    @Zboy

19. tinman

Supporting Member

Trae Young needs a backup .

There is no plan for Lin because the Hawks care about the Hawks not the life and struggle of Jeremy Lin like his fans

They developed a team to tank while develop Trae Young at the same time

20. yoeddy

I didn't cherry pick stars. I went to NBA.com and checked out the stats page. Those were the players right around Lin for those stats. Point is that he's still able to play in the NBA and be relatively productive.