1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Midterms

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Apr 11, 2018.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And what do you think is going on in Florida? I haven't seen confirmation of anything as of yet.

They could also be waiting on your lead to denounce what has been going on Georgia for months.

2. biff17

biff17 Member

An eye for an eye means you will be eventually both be blind.

Is it progress you want or just payback.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

All I can say is... Florida. What a mess...

mdrowe00 likes this.
  4. NewRoxFan

5. adoo

adoo Member

in one of So Calif most conservative district, had been more Conservative than Dana Rohrabacher's district, GOP incumbent Mimi Walter
    has lost her narrow lead over her Dem challenger Katie Porter, who now leads 116,732 to 116,471

Porter, a former law student of Elizabeth Warren at Harvard, is a law professor whose
    claim to fame has been her legal fights against Wells Fargo's frauds against consumers​

GOP registration advantage in the district has fallen 8 % as it’s seen an influx of Asian-American and
    Latino middle class / suburban voters, who can see thru Trump's lie about the caravan of invaders,
    as well as Walter's lie that she supports the coverage for pre-existing conditions

Porter's persistent message has been that Walter
    • voted to repeal of ObamaCare
    • has been a Trump surrogate, 99% of the time

No Worries likes this.
  6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Payback is progress in this case. Payback means actually giving America what it needs. Republicans are not about doing any of that. Dems have to fight for just the basic things Republicans have been stripping away. Dems have been getting their eyes gauged out for years trying to reach across the aisle.

7. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Mr McConnell stepping down from the leadership position would be a good gesture toward this. In fact anyone still in power that wasn't for bipartisanship in the last said 8-10 years resigning would be a great gesture toward this.

Deckard likes this.
  8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

The Republicans ran two years on Benghazi and Hillary email hearings and still won complete control of the government in 2016 along with two SCOTUS seats.

Don’t tell me for two seconds that aggressive hyper partisan agendas backfire.

That being said, of course I want the Dems to work with Republicans where they can, and not go on Benghazi type witch hunts.

But don’t F-ing lecture us for one GDamn minute. If the Dems wanted to, they could do the same thing Republicans did and tear the GOP down to the ground if they used the same tactics as the 2010 - 2016 Republican Congress.

Nook and Deckard like this.
  9. biff17

biff17 Member

Sorry government does not work that way, payback means that America will never get what it needs because what you have is gridlock.

You sound just as bad by using the pejorative Republicans.

The best thing Democrats can do is submit policies and proposals that are reasonable and make Republicans vote on it.

jcf likes this.
  10. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The man is shameless. I imagine he laughed like Mr. Burns remembering "that crippled Irishman" when he wrote this.

B-Bob likes this.
  11. NewRoxFan

12. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

That's awesome.

"Um, no sir. Here's your signature. It appears you already voted."

"But was I wearing this... hat?"

"I don't GAF. Go home."

13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Smh.. this post is trash. Where have you been the last couple years, decades? Republicans pull out this bipartisan bull crap the moment Dems get power.

14. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Trump thinks his base are really stupid and he's right.

Deckard and Nippystix like this.
  15. conquistador#11

sounds legit like those hosers crossing canada's border into the u.s to buy shoes then scuffing them as to not pay taxes! this is real folx! ! !

No Worries likes this.
  16. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

It's literally like they want to play no pads tackle football if Dems have the ball versus touch football if the GOP has it. Just SMH trash is right. Forget it. I mean, make noise about bipartisanship, sure, but then stick it to them.

If they want bipartisanship, the turtle should be out on his shell, day one. Otherwise, meaningless verbiage on their part.

Deckard, DreamShook and JayGoogle like this.
  17. biff17

biff17 Member

I am not saying I agree with Mitch, we all know that he is peddling BS.

What I am saying is don't repeat the same thing they did which is nothing, Dem should actually make them out up or shut up instead of just being the party of no like Republicans did.

what is it that you think payback entails and how does that accomplish Democratic goals?

18. NewRoxFan

btw, Florida has a voter ID law...

19. biff17

biff17 Member

What do you mean stick it to them?

I disregard what Mitch says, but do you think Dems should just copy what the Republicans did for 8 years?

20. CCorn

CCorn Member

When I was younger I’d carry an extra pair of clothes in my car so that if I got kicked out of a bar I could just change and go back.

Never considered doing that when voting.