1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets waiving Carmelo Anthony?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Nov 10, 2018.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

hakeem94 and Vivi like this.
  2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Who cares? This is why you don't let players be GM.

DD

Easy and hongxingli like this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

No Nugget for You!

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

What specifically are they saying
    What I am finding seems . .. . not very information filled
    speculation and narrative

Rocket River

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Could on get a bit of this

Rocket River

6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

If something's going to happen, I wish it would happen already. The first page of the GARM is also Melo.

Melo-gedon. It's just awful. My city is full of smoke, and the GARM is full of crap.

hakeem94, SpGish20 and daywalker02 like this.
  7. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

This is interesting. From watching the games I've struggled to see how Melo is the problem. Almost everyone has been bad and I've seen Melo play better switching defense than I anticipated and occasionally deliver an efficient scoring game. However, it makes sense that if the Rockets feel Gary Clark should be getting minutes over Melo that it would present a huge problem in the locker room. It was one thing to expect Melo to be a 6th man, but to then fall behind an undrafted rookie in the rotation? Yeah. I can see how his ego wouldn't be able to handle that. Honestly, that'd be hard for ANY star player on the decline to accept; but Melo more than most.

#507 Williamson, Nov 12, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
    GermanRoxFan, leebigez, s3ts and 10 others like this.
  8. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

Where’s the guy that started a dumbass thread about eating crow before Rockets played a single game? Sh!tty off-season confirmed to be sh!tty, no crow necessary.

9. AB423

AB423 Member

Come on Warriors, sign Melo when he gets waived, only chance we can beat them.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Steven A. trashing MDA this morning. :rolleyes:

11. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

Max saying Melo's best opportunity "was when Jeremy Lin was balling." :eek: this should make for a GREAT Kellertinman thread later

DonKnock, hakeem94, Easy and 3 others like this.
  12. bawanyh

bawanyh Member

I was just wondering what will happen with all the melo threads if melo is waived

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

they will go the way of five cent Coca Cola and DMo threads

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Not a dig on you, but I'm disappointed I wasted time reading that. There isn't really any new content, more of the same views from Woj and Co. Sure, Morey has the occasional mention but I'm not now more likely to believe one side or the other than I was before I read this.

Someone here is lying, or telling a half truth at the least. If Melo doesn't want to be here, then the comments by Morey make sense. The idea that Houston is flat out giving up on a minimum guy to afford what? An open roster spot? If that were true MCW would be gone. If that were true, Houston would have bit harder on JB. This whole Melo is going through family stuff is only showing up with insiders, then when you couple that with DWade's comments the two don't seem to fit together. This thing is a mess.

But man, if the Rockets do let Melo go Morey is going to look like an ass. The press conference yesterday made it seem like ESPN is only telling half the story. If ESPN gets the part about Melo leaving correct the court of public opinion might rule that Morey did what Toronto did, say one thing but do another. That could definitely hurt us moving forward. Choppy waters are ahead of us to say the least.

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. PhiSlammaJamma

If you are on the bench I don't expect more than 1 good game in 10. And that's if I'm lucky. If you are a role player I'd like 1 good game in 5. If your are a core starter you should play well every night. It's all about expectations. Which is why Carmelo should be starting. You get what you ask for.

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Melo not working out is one of the more predictable Rockets roster moves in recent memory. Michael Carter Williams not working out is also one of the more predictable Rockets roster moves in recent memory.

I'm convinced Morey was on acid this offseason. Only explanation.

joshuaao likes this.
  17. Quinncy

Quinncy Member

You nailed it.

I think this is the "Melo issue." Like you say, its not his play. And its not his personality in the locker room, I don't think, by reading the tea leaves. Its convincing him that he will back up a rookie. Coming off the bench was a huge pill to swallow. Now, backing up a rookie and/or possibly being third on the depth chart. He can't do it.

But I salute Melo's efforts.

Williamson likes this.
  18. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

No question - this is about giving Melo time to think through whether he can handle sitting in the bench and not playing regularly. Rockets can handle this perfectly and say all the right — and honest — things about how Melo has done everything asked. But national media has to go with one of two things: (1) Melo is a cancer and wrecked rockets, or the more popular (2) rockets suck and screwed Melo and are scapegoating him. Whatever.

The real palace intrigue in rocket land is how CP3 is handling this. Is he gonna let management and coaching staff do what they feel is best? Or does he disagree with Clark overtaking Melo and want his buddy to get more run.

Otherwise, this is a non story that is a story because it’s Melo.

seeingred and studogg like this.
  19. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Spot on

20. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Damn, so Ennis minutes can't be scratched to fit Clark in? I think MDA never wanted Melo on this team. He's gone out of his way to make sure there's a issue.