1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Beto vs Ted

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Jan 24, 2018.

1. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

It’s funny because he thinks this is a slur.

2. CCorn

CCorn Member

You’re such a conservative

Marteen likes this.
  3. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

You know that’s not an insult to people with functioning brains right?

Marteen likes this.
  4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

[​IMG]

Marteen likes this.
  5. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Well, you're the one who thought this was an insult. Do you have a functioning brain?

6. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Ok eddie, continue with your clown show. We’re all entertained.

7. CCorn

CCorn Member

You’re such a conservative

8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Actually, he's not. He's such a SPAM account, a divisive bot for all intents and purposes. Please disengage.

R0ckets03 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  9. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Yeah I know right.

10. TheresTheDagger

Hey there,

I've decided in the aftermath of the BTG debacle here on CF to post much less often in the D&D. I like it here on CF's and watching what has happened over the past 10 days or so, I think it's just become apparent to me as a conservative it's just not worth it to post in the D&D forums when things like this can happen. Don't get me wrong, I know the reason BTG got kicked and agree he took it way too far. I myself have gotten into it with BTG and agree he is about the most stubborn individual you can ever debate against.

Still, I've seen a lot of borderline stuff in that forum get ignored or downplayed too often to risk myself getting into it with others in the same way and face something similar. And when I do post, it's always sort of felt like a "pile on" against conservative posters there...sometimes pretty nasty. Also, I find it distasteful the amount of "glee" with which the board has celebrated his banning. I also realize, that in response, I've done some of the same things with the same nasty rhetoric...and I don't like how that makes me feel or how I am portraying myself to my Clutchfans brethern here.

In short, I've decided the best thing to do is to simply post less (or not at all) there.

I've learned a lot from those in the D&D...mostly from those I disagree with. Most there I KNOW are good souls and I have enjoyed the back and forth with posters from both sides of the aisle. I'll miss that. What I won't miss is the ugliness, bitterness, name calling, anger, threats, accusations and judgements. Life's too short ya know?

Maybe in a week or 2 or a month or 2 I'll change my mind or perhaps slide in a message or relevant "tweet" to a topic at hand. Maybe not. In the meantime, I'll see you guys and gals in the rest of the forums. Maybe I can get in a good debate over Carmelo's minutes or something useful.

Take care.

11. jcf

jcf Member

This was a great post. See you in the GARM.

12. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

13. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

distasteful? He got banned from an internet forum for picking on and cussing out a special needs child of a poster. The dude was a cancer on this board, its perfectly ok to celebrate some POS being gone. He didn't get sent to prison, he literally.. just can't post on here anymore. Lets keep it in perspective..

I respect your decision to leave, I rarely post on here anymore either. I am a conservative as well (became much more so over the past couple years) but I've never understood the victim complex. Yea CF is mostly liberal, so what? Its not a pile on, its the result of the political beliefs of the majority of rockets fans that choose to post here. Kind of like how it would be the reverse in the town I'm in right now, nobody with liberal beliefs chooses to speak up...like ever. I hope you change your mind for the people that do post here, you're civil and actually discuss things (from what I remember).

Rashmon and joshuaao like this.
  14. Buck Turgidson

15. cml750

cml750 Member

Great post. I understand how you feel. I too have taken a few breaks from this section over the years. It is not easy being a right leaning individual here when you often have several different left leaning people arguing with you at the same time. Most of the time I just bow out because I do not have the time to argue with multiple people.

I too have learned a lot from the D&D mainly from the left leaning members. There are a few I have grown to respect for different reasons even though I vehemently disagree with them. I honestly do not know anyone in real life who is as left leaning as many of the people who frequent this section so I find it fascinating to see their opinions and commentary on the different subjects.

BruceAndre likes this.
  16. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

Whoah, really?? I just missed it. I've been here since 99 and I've never put anyone on ignore until bobby a week or two ago. Which forum did this happen in?

17. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Makes sense. I appreciate you taking action to make things better at least for yourself. That's awesome. I definitely miss having people that I disagree with but are still rational with whom I can discuss issues. I know that I won't change anyone's mind, and I most of the time my mind won't change though it might occasionally move. The main reason I enjoy discussions is that I want to understand how people with different ideas are coming up with their opinions. I know my logic but when other people who I believe are logical, I relish getting a chance to discover a different way of looking at things.

So thanks for all of your participation in those kinds of discussions. In the end, I don't think anyone should ever get mad or upset about political discussions. We almost all have far more things in common than we do differences. It can definitely be discouraging to see people on both sides belittle and insult each other in a non-jovial manner. Best of luck to you.

18. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

19. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

no. that is exactly what you said.

this was from when i was discussing the $12 billion dollar bailout to farmers that trump instituted to offset his stupid tariffs and you denied the existence of said bailout...when i posted several articles discussing them you said those news sources were leftists so you didnt believe them. then you went off about how people who follow the news dont have lives or full-time jobs, which is just a crazy thing to say.

so every tv channel is biased except for fox? i think you are the one showing your bias here. seems to me that in your mind anyone who is at all critical of trump is a "leftist". thats really what is going on with you...just admit it.

unafaid to be non-PC? what does that even mean? that they promote birtherism, pizzagate and other ridiculous conspiracy theories? breitbart gets caught lying and promoting conspiracy theories time and time again, but you want to claim that they are the least biased media out there?

you say everyone is biased, liars and leftist, but you want to claim that breitbart is legitimate and truthful? that is a total joke and everyone knows it!

thats not true at all. i saw that on a few other news sources.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/nov/3/another-kavanaugh-accuser-admits-fabricating-rape-/
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/kavanaugh-accuser-admits-she-fabricated-184414094.html
    https://www.businessinsider.com/brett-kavanaugh-sexual-assault-accuser-judy-munro-leighton-2018-11
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...er-referred-fbi-doj-investigation/1863210002/
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ka...r-false-statements-grassleys-office-announces

#2299 jo mama, Nov 4, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
  20. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member