1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Grizzlies @ Rockets 10/2/2018 (Preseason)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 1, 2018.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

its all in vain until we find our scott foster

Swiss Roll likes this.
  2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Before we talk about a "deep roster" just remember. There is "regular season depth" and "playoff season depth." Now, regular season depth IS important because it is a long season. But REAL depth are guys that can play "rotation minutes" and be contributors in the playoffs and against GSW.

We'll see, but Ennis and MCW have that look.

DreamShook likes this.
  4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Low key I loved the Gary Clark addition at the time as an undrafted FA. Like you said, PJ Tucker starter kit. He does a lot of intangibles. He moves the ball quickly...gets offensive rebounds, blocks shots, and didn't hesitate to take the open 3pt shots. He just seems to find ways to do things.

Vincent Edwards seemed to kind of disappear. He hit that 1 three which was good. But I need to see him do more stuff to affect games.

Looking forward to both of them getting good run with the Vipers to sharpen their games.

Quite frankly, it is nice to have a pipeline of young players. Players that at least have a CHANCE to be difference makers. Unlike Nanu who just didn't seem to have any upside.

Y2JT, rhee and hakeem94 like this.
  5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Rockets should continue to showcase Chriss. Have to know what they have by Oct 31st.

Bruno surprised me some. It is clear to me, his lack of footspeed puts him more as a 4/5 than a 3/4. Perhaps his best shot to have an NBA career is a small ball 5. Minimizes his lack of footspeed and highlights his LONG wingspan.

I doubt the Rockets use their 15th roster spot on him. I think they will cary only 14. But, if he impresses later with the Vipers and the Rockets make some roster moves I could see Bruno being a 3rd C on the team down the road.

DonKnock and rhee like this.
  6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

"The Erosion of the Rockets" - Chris Mannix.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Williamson and hakeem94 like this.
  8. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

Where's PJ Tucker last night?????

9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Without a DOUBT......the most underreported thing by the national media on the Rockets is the "Rockets culture" and the "massive competitive spirit and playing FOR one another" this team has.

It is this aspect, that allows the team to be able to withstand the Ariza/Moute losses.

The culture is real. CP/Harden/PJ. They are lit!

DonKnock and DreamShook like this.
  10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Looks like more Chriss showcasing and perhaps some Hartenstein action

Vivi, DonKnock and hakeem94 like this.
  11. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Outside of shaking off rust, not much need for either Tucker or Capela to play... Capela especially. His role is very much cemented in our offense; set a hard pick, roll hard to the rim, watch out for the lob or bounce pass depending on if his defender moves to help out on Harden or CP3.

12. amaru

amaru Member

“Randomly” watching lol o_O

DreamShook likes this.
  13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Vivi and hakeem94 like this.
  15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

It came up in my YouTube recommendations, I'm serious. Before being tempted to say "it's just a preseason game", I wanted to refresh my memory how the 65 win Rockets played in preseason before they were a 65 win team. I didn't remember if the Rockets played well or looked out of sorts. it would have adjusted my thinking of these upcoming games.

Rockets played really well against OKC (without Russ) and in general in preseason last year. OKC fans were left saying "it's just a preseason game". And we all know the first team to say that losses.

We should all be encouraged by how well the Rockets played in the first meaningless game of the season. I think it's a good barometer of how the Rockets will play when the games start to count.

Here's the video I randomly watched.. Rockets were LAUNCHING! Ryno's shot was pure! it was also the first time we saw CP3 working with Harden would be a success.

DonKnock and hakeem94 like this.
  16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

because you gotta admit quickly yourself you made a huge mistake

19. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Like what I see. Just need to stay healthy.

This team could probably knock down 30
    3s in a game. Cant wait for season to start.

20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

pls tell us how we can get media/officiating on our side?
    because all this will be for naught if they are against us... cant win if the refs /media dont want you to win

raining threes and skinnyazn6 like this.