1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's the second half of the Lakers-Nuggets Game 5 -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Bruno Caboclo reaches agreement with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by craguin, Aug 17, 2018.

1. theimpossibles1

1 preseason game and you're ready to deal our star center.

Lol.

hakeem94, Game7, Chanmarr and 15 others like this.
  2. fattz

fattz Member

Yes, I would to get Butler.
    Capela is a nice player in our system but I saw more then one other nice players last night. (I would not be counting on just one player but the system) Each player will give us a different look.
    Bruno and the rest needs playing time and we need cap space.
    Butler moves the needle more than Capela, IMO; going forward.

With Butler added MOST games would be blowouts anyway with time to develop our youth in real NBA time with our coaching staff and a relationship would be formed thus expanding the rotation hence the difference looks —> going forward.

#322 fattz, Oct 3, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
    MultipleSauces and hakeem94 like this.
  3. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

L

O

L

DonKnock, cbs1507, seclusion and 2 others like this.
  4. fattz

fattz Member

Remember this when Capela becomes this year’s escape goat —> his getting paid now for things that we get from cheaper contracts. When Bruno gets burn we will all want more of him, just hide and see. Everyone loves an underdog, up and coming talent but no one like to paying for one.
    I don’t want to turn this into Capela hate but CF will go here by the end of the season. Trade CC now because he is only 1/2 the player w/o all world players & a system that he fits in. CF will see this sooner than later.

Bruno = Capela in value —> out put for cap space.

MultipleSauces likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Even if that is remotely the case (very questionable) it is way too early.

Wait till trade deadline to hear some news (should not be Capela related).

Preseason count as shet.

6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

this sound reasonable on papaer but Capela showed consistency playing on high level.. he is doing it for years now...consistency is what makes great players great...one game is a small sample size for me to confirm capela could be easily replaced.. perhaps those more knowledgeable could do it

iconoclastic likes this.
  7. fattz

fattz Member

All are right about the sample size; just really excited about what I saw.

I just have on my Calvin Cato glasses on.

s3ts and hakeem94 like this.
  8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I think Capela isn't going to get better on offense. He just doesn't have the desire and will to expand his game on that end. Nevertheless, he has a solid P/R game.

His defense and rebounding is very valuable. Bruno and Chriss can't replace that.
    Clint shouldn't be traded.

9. hibbetts

hibbetts Member

OK BUT, how would Bruno fair against the Dubs?..

10. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

You must have miscommunicated this?

DonKnock and hakeem94 like this.
  11. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

How can you speak to his desire? Remember how raw he was when he first signed? I think CC has done everything the Rockets have asked and more to become what he is today.

Can CC improve? Sure. Will he? Not sure. I don’t disagree with trading him if the right deal comes along. All that said, he’s worked very hard to become an important part of the Rockets success.

I also don’t believe the Rockets currently have a full time replacement on the roster if they were to trade him. CC has great chemistry with James. He also plays pretty solid D across the board.

DonKnock likes this.
  12. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Did you mean space ghost ?!

Its Scape Goat …. Not Escape.

This post stated bad and finished worse …. Trade Capela …. you might as well trade Morey too while you are at it.

s3ts, Game7, kubli9 and 8 others like this.
  13. saleem

I was hoping that he would develop a mid range game when he showed good form from 8-12 feet in the D-League.

Post ups have gone down in the NBA with the differences in officiating, but they are still important. His left handed mini hook is nice, but he still struggles with the same shot with his right hand.

Three years is enough time, to develop a reliable scoring shot apart from P/R's. His defense is valuable no doubt. He was awesome on defense against Utah in the playoffs. I want to see a more rounded game from Clint, without sacrificing his strength on defense.

14. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

You want to trade Capela when we were 1 injury away from the championship, and start some dude you've seen in garbage time during 1 preseason game?

Yeah, that's a smart move. Let's do that.

AroundTheWorld and hakeem94 like this.
  15. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

You're describing which parts of his game you wish the team had prioritized, and attributing it to Capela. None of what you're saying here can lead to the conclusion:

Jesus christ man, Capela has done nothing but work and improve. Neither Black nor Harrell nor Nene could match his effectiveness on PnR. He has upped his FT's dramatically. He's gotten stronger every year. He's got that hook shot as a backup.

On top of that, you can't improve everything all at once. He was seen as somewhere between weak and mediocre defensively and has gone on to become valued for his defense. His rebounding has improved. His shot blocking has improved. I'm not talking about quantity. I'm talking about quality.

Seriously, you must have miscommunicated there. The quote above just cannot be taken seriously. It has nothing to do with his desire and will and his work ethic is incredible and his track record suggests he could be sinking 3's in the not so distant future. Give props where they're due man. If there's another type of C you prefer or you disagree with the franchise's development program that's another thing altogether.

DonKnock likes this.
  16. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

[​IMG]

17. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

So let me get this straight......YOU arbitrarily put unrealistic expectations on Capela to develop a skill that clearly isn't in his arsenal of abilities, and when he doesn't demonstrate those unrealistic abilities in an NBA game, you say it's because he doesn't have the desire to get better on that end of the floor?? You're a smart guy and a good poster..... I'm sure you realize how insane that is, right?

skroodup25 and YOLO like this.
  18. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

So damn with rim protection, rebounds and help defense. Lol this guy

19. jboslett

jboslett Member

I only saw the highlights, but I thought his perimeter defense looked really bad, which was disappointing. I'm wondering if that was true or if it was because I was watching highlights only. Thoughts on this part of his game?

20. saleem

I do admit that I had more expectations from him in the off season. He is pretty experienced by now. However, I do agree with your point that it is unrealistic to expect someone to develop certain skills.
    For the record, I never thought of him as a future all star. I do believe that his contributions are very valuable to the team. I do not wish to see Capela getting traded.