1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Jimmy B

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

hard for me to see this getting done if we’re trying to move Dieng to Sacramento...Kings don’t want our trash picks for that, they’d want the Wolves 1st rounder...Wolves don’t want to give up their 1st rounder unless it’s heavily protected

As for WCS to Minny, do people really see the Kings doing that?

hope I’m wrong and this thing gets done soon...incompetent franchises always dragging things out...

2. HP3

HP3 Member

I mean at this point no one knows anything so I dont know how you guys could get higher or lower.

DonKnock likes this.
  3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

its pretty quiet..
    somethings up...
    is this the sound of the air hummin?

RocketsFanBrian, D-rock and DonKnock like this.
  4. Whenitsover

Whenitsover Member

No. That is the sounds of nothing happening. Quiet usually means nothing is happening. Expect new "front runner" by tomorrow evening

amaru likes this.
  5. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Ha. A lot of truth to this. I’m trying to think of any recent free agent pitches or serious trade inquiries where said player ended up doing well for him.
    We did pitch Horford couple summers ago didn’t we? Not saying it was a huge miss or anything but he’s doing well for himself. That’s the only one I can think of.

DonKnock and hakeem94 like this.
  6. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Not always, but a lot of the time after an offer is presented, and a few tweaks are attempted, the likeliness of it going through lessens with more time passing.

7. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Yeah needing a 3rd team combined with the Wolves being extremely hard to deal with worries me.

amaru and hakeem94 like this.
  8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Incompetent franchises don't want to be incompetent for the Rockets. These same trash GMs will happily trade for bad contracts to benefit the Lakers and Lebron. When the Rockets call, it's naw we can't do that, we are only dumb for certain people.

DonKnock and hakeem94 like this.
  9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

hahha good job finding horford...

its probably arbitrary selection at work but its a lot of fun :)

10. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Anytime Morey tweets something cryptic something always goes down

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Well, maybe in philosophy. But, even nothing is something.

12. esketit

esketit Member

scary ass

13. esketit

esketit Member

thanks for the trust! I do try and model myself after him bc he was one of the most welcoming posters when i first arrived on the scene. I WILL NOT TRN MY BACK ON THOSE WHO TREAT ME WITH RESPECT!!!

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

sounds great, btw you should turn autocorrect on now, your posts now dont look as pretty as before...

esketit likes this.
  15. esketit

esketit Member

I do apologize for that. I am grocery shopping

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

So I’ve said all along I think Jimmy ends up in Toronto. I’m watching Boston play right now. They are talented like crazy but I still think had Raps met them in the playoffs last year Toronto would have won that series. Toronto has been much better than all East teams besides Lebron recently. I know Boston is revamped now but I don’t believe they’re a clear cut number 1 in the East, especially not with Kawhi replacing Derozan.

I did say earlier no team would touch Ibaka’s contract but since it is one year shorter than Dieng’s if Minny has a hard time simply dumping it something like:

Jimmy Butler + Gorgui Dieng
    for
    OG + Delon Wright + Ibaka + CJ and a pick

Young players, less years on a bad contract and a vet contributor (yeah I know CJ can be kinda crap but it’s not like his contract is huge)

Honestly Toronto has a chance to reach the finals without Jimmy. Kawhi + Lowry I believe is still the best duo out there (people have been forgetting about Lowry because of the raps playoff failures.)

Kawhi + Lowry + Jimmy. Easily best trio for next year. Can’t forget how young the other teams’ stars are.

OG is not a loss when you’ve got Kawhi Jimmy and Danny Green. Ditto on CJ. Taking on Dieng sucks but reaching the finals (and possibly contending for the title) makes it worth it. Delon is not needed with VanVleet. They’d rather include Norm instead of CJ but did not realize that guy has 4 years remaining on his contract! Horrible. Replacing Delon with Siakam would get it done, but they would like to hold on to Siakam, they are very high on him in Toronto.

Anyways. Makes sense to me

#3516 Zoplicone, Sep 30, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
    hakeem94 likes this.
  17. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Respect is earned and you're not a 99'er. Good luck with all of that.

tinman and Turbo like this.
  18. esketit

esketit Member

lol cool

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

and the avatar ...i have a strange feeling @tinman will want to have a word with him in the near future ;)

DonKnock likes this.
  20. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

Its sunday