1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texas Cop Who Fatally Shot Man After Entering Wrong Apartment Identified

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocket River, Sep 9, 2018.

1. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

They probably don't have to worry about Jeff Sessions saying they aren't hard enough on cops, or not doing enough to get justice for black people.

amaru and Nook like this.
  2. edwardc

edwardc Member

Agreed they may have been sexually involved and she caught him with another woman.

3. Granville

Granville Member

So far there's zero indication that this is true.

4. Granville

Granville Member

There's some interesting info on that website that should be part of the discussion here instead of wild speculation of investigator's intent.

They should be able to get text and phone records to see if these 2 did indeed have a relationship. That would be pretty easy to figure out.

5. Granville

Granville Member

Take a deep breath and take off the blinders that make you jump to these types of conclusions before the facts are known.

I do have empathy though. I've written about my severely autistic son being a crime victim. I obviously was wrapped up emotionally in the outcome of that case.

In the state of mind I was in at the time, they couldn't have given him enough time for the crime. I had hate blinders on. Felt like we couldn't trust those who were supposed to protect some of the most vulnerable people in the world to do so. Had to learn that there were still good trustworthy people who were caretakers for people like my son. I couldn't be a good father or husband with hate in my heart either. I couldn't see a bright future if I let a dark past cloud my thinking. Later edit... The agency who investigated the crime against my son worked on behalf of the entity the offender worked for. I understand the distrust here.

The parole board contacted me a couple of months ago letting me know he was soon headed to a parole board hearing. They wanted to know if I had a statement to make. I told them that I needed to believe that if he's granted parole that they had done their job determining if he was not a threat to anyone else's to the best of their ability. I told them that I wouldn't be angry at them either way. A month later I learned he was getting out after he completed a 6 month offender's program. He will be out before Christmas.

I'm not angry or bitter that my son didn't get the justice that I thought he deserved, I learned that criminals still have rights and the system does not move at a speed to suit my expectations. I chose to create my own 501c3 that helps others like my son and gives their families a place to share concerns and life experience. It's a multi-cultural and all spectrum encompassing group that's a positive beacon from the storm.

I just hate seeing people with a passion for something lashing out and blaming others constantly. I have been there, it's not a place to build a better life. God gave you passion, use it wisely.

#325 Granville, Sep 17, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
    JuanValdez and Astrodome like this.
  6. amaru

amaru Member

That would mean ignoring history...only fools do that.

Xenon likes this.
  7. Granville

Granville Member

I edited my post, please read it. Lashing out unfounded and often false accusations is something only fools do too. Be that guy who can lead people from the frustration you feel not the one who dooms them to feel that way forever.

Its easy to sit back and go with the crowd and blurt out hate and distrust. Be the objective person who helps build a better future. It's not a popular job I get it.

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Are you calling yourself a fool now?

9. Granville

Granville Member

No, I made an accurate observation of your posting style. I see I struck a nerve though. Don't act like it's the first time you've heard that around here. You're another guy wasting his passion with poor messaging.

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

The only nerve you struck is the one that makes me laugh.

But keep saying I hate white people. That's going to really boost your credibility here

11. Granville

Granville Member

Ok.... Wow, no credibility with closed minded people... how will I survive?

You care to comment on the details of the investigation that I posted or do you want to keep laughing about the painfully accurate observation I posted?

I'm hopeful that something in those details is encouraging news that the Texas Rangers are trying to conduct a thorough investigation.

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Are you sure I hate white people? Maybe it's white chocolate that I hate

I am still laughing at how ridiculous of an accusation. I'm going to milk this for what it's worth my friend. This is classic. Oh wait, did I say milk? Is that what you mean by me hating white people?

Given that you can't produce any evidence, why should you be taken seriously by anyone? I don't see anyone backing you up here...

13. Granville

Granville Member

So you choose to go with the former rather than the latter. I see. Thou doth protest too much. Did you see the 2 posts calling you an idiot unworthy of debating?

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

You should stop lashing out my friend. And quoting Shakespeare out of context.

15. Granville

Granville Member

I gave you my honest opinion of your posting style. You are obsessed with discrediting it. If I’m this non credible person then why fret as you are unless you fear being exposed.

16. amaru

amaru Member

Imagine what you experienced spanning a far back as your family could remember. Law enforcement has always taken advantage of, assaulted or blatantly ignored crimes committed against my family.

My great grandfather was murdered in broad daylight....everyone knew who did it but the police refused to prosecute because he was black.

My grandfather was arrested for marching with MLK and had other run ins with police officers because he didn’t shuck or jive

My grandmother has seen so many things that she won’t even speak on a lot of it.

My father has been racially profiled numerous times through out his life, especially when the schools were integrated.

Mistrust runs deep in our community. And it isn’t because of inequities in the distant past, it is due to a continued string of exploitation/ blatant disregard for people of color.
    I know this officer will get little more than a slap on the wrist, if she gets anything, because that’s all they ever get. I know my history and I know this country. They always get away with it.

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

[​IMG]

18. no.3 for no.1

no.3 for no.1 Member

Are you ****ing kidding me rn?

19. Granville

Granville Member

I wasn't there but I will take your word that your relatives interpretation of those events are accurate. All that said, regarding current day issues, the blind allegiance to incidents like Sandra Bland, Michael Brown, Treyvon Martin and others where others were falsely accused of misdeeds hurt your chances of rallying those needed for the change you seek.

Again, I'm truly sorry that your family endured what it has over the years. As of right here and right now, you want maximum justice for a crime that no facts currently support.

Today, a latino father of a young autistic boy, who is a member of my organization tells me stories of the hateful ignorant stuff people spew at him every day. He's a young guy who set out to help others and provide for his family. He's the most polite caring person I know and always treats me and everyone he comes in contact with respect. He gets called a sellout and many other things by the people he's trying to protect. He deserves respect yet every day he gets profiled as a terrible person just because he is a police officer. Two wrongs don't make a right.

20. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Nonsense.