1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NY TIMES] I Am Part of the Resistance Inside the Trump Administration

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Sep 5, 2018.

1. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

yeah, you seem more "fit" than Trump right lmao

2. dmoneybangbang

Why can’t the issue being the GOP’s dogma just isn’t very good? What does deregulation have to do with 9/11?

3. dmoneybangbang

LMAO. That might be true is the scary part!!!

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Im talking about Bush's term and 9-11.

Not Trump deregulation that you still haven't specified or 2018.

So congrats, you have answered your question.

Actually my point is at least Democrats are standing up to Trump.

They made him take down his Muslim ban, stop separating families at the border, there is no wall etc etc so Bob Woodard and the coup pepertrators are over the top.

My problem is everyone acting like there is a crisis like ypu acting like the economy is about to blow up.

You dont understand the economy like you think or you're biased or both

5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

A better analogy might be, if you don't like working for your boss, but most of your wealth is invested in the company and you're afraid your boss is going tank the whole damn thing because the board members all have their thumbs up their asses instead of exercising any real governance, wouldn't you just quit instead of writing to a newspaper about it?

It's not like Gary Cohn won't suffer the negative consequences if Trump sets off an economic depression or starts a major war just because he doesn't work for Trump anymore. We are all invested in this country, and we can't divest. so we are acutely interested in our CEO not majorly screwing up. It should not be a surprise that some people don't think they can just wash their hands of the whole affair.

I would take almost any poster on this bbs over Trump.

TheFreak, Nook and B-Bob like this.
  6. dmoneybangbang

Your cause and effect is a bit off. Why can’t look up yourself what Trump/GOP did with Dodd Frank/CPA ‘10?

Ok, was there expectation that the competing political party wouldn’t have stood up to Trump?

Actually the courts and the GOP stopped those things since they weren’t good ideas/were legally ambiguous. The GOP Congress could have funded Trump’s wall but they didn’t...

Or you don’t understand the economy. I just claimed that a debt fueled boom will have severe consequences.

7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

What specific deregulatiomns are you saying Trump has initiated?

What types of severe consequences are you referring to?

You're all over the map. is the boom debt fueled, cut fueled or deregulation fueled?

What deregulation?

8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Here is a good list of the items un the legislation you're referring to on Dodd Frank.

Tell me where you see credit standards being loosened

9. dmoneybangbang

Here's a list from the Bookings Institution :

Tracking deregulation in the Trump era

LOL... why didn't you ask this when I first made this comment instead of playing gotcha?

The severe consequences of having to make the hard choices of dramatically scaling back medicare/SSN for example since we decreased revenue and increased spending with Boomers retiring around the corner. The severe consequences of not being able to lessen the effects of a recession through fiscal policy since we already cut taxes pretty low and have a debt. The severe consequences of having a Japan like lost decade (stagflation) since we have kept our foot on the gas. The severe consequences of a trade war where it's not guaranteed we'll be a strong globally on the other side if we truly upend supply chains.

I'm all over the map trying to chase your lack of understanding of the issues down..... how many posts did it take for you to understand and believe interest raters are lower than Bush Jr's era? If you would stop playing "gotcha" and try to understand what I am telling you then this wouldn't be so hard for you.

Nook, AleksandarN and FranchiseBlade like this.
  10. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

I guess liberals don't really care about the Democratic process. The entire Russian collusion argument was a smokescreen.

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I guess you don't care about being a sheep

12. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Your side supports a man that's deliberately working within the administration to take down the elected president and his agenda. How can you at the same time say you care about our Democratic process when clearly show no effort to care about this and instead you justify it. So was all the Russian outrage bullshit? Obviously, it was.

13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Interest rates aren't lower. When is the last time rates were lowered.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/13/us/politics/federal-reserve-raises-interest-rates.html

The laat actions on rates were raising them.

You dont know what you're talking.

Alll your consequences are hypothetical. SS for instance hasn't been touched

14. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

What exactly is it that you think this person was deliberately preventing? Which part of Trump’s agenda?

15. dmoneybangbang

I can’t tell if you are intentionally slow....

Interests are lower than they were during the Bush Jr era, despite the federal reserve raising them.... what’s so hard to understand about that?

And? Explain to me how we are going to be able afford entitlements in the next several years witch Financial crisis levels of deficits enacted to boast the economy. We were told the taxes would pay for themselves.

16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Interest rates aren't lower than the Bush era. Stop repeating something easily provable. The lowest the fed fund rate has ever been is .25 during 2008.

Prove me wrong with a specific number or stfu.

We wi pay for deficits the way we have the last 60 years

Edit how can rates be lowwr when the 'cost of borrowing for banks is higher

#276 pgabriel, Sep 11, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
  17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

@dmoneybangbang

Banks borrow from the government at the fed funds rate. They lend to you at a premium

All rates are based on the fed funds rate. In 2008 it was at its lowest ever

Show me the year and rate it was lower than .25% or shut the **** up

You're welcome for the lesson

Edit: why would someone put their money in the bank if they're lowering rates and the government is increasing rates

Just shut up

#277 pgabriel, Sep 11, 2018
  18. adoo

adoo Member

u need to stop publicizing ur ignorance.

Look up QE; there were 3 rounds of QE in the US, which was in effect from 2009 to ~ 2014

19. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

20. adoo

adoo Member

u need to stop parroting info about which you don't understand.

~ 2013, i obtained a zero-interest 5-yr loan from Toyota Motors Finance Corp
    for the education of PG,

the QE was, effectively, a negative-interest rate environment created by the Fed

in the W years, there no such thing as a zero-interest loan​

#280 adoo, Sep 11, 2018