1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] WEEK 1: TEXANS@INFLATE-RIOTS

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by donkeypunch, Sep 4, 2018.

1. marky :)

marky :) Member

Watson definitely was hesitant that game IMO also.

Either that or he was zoned in to throw homeruns and it didn't seem like he went through his progressions. I have no doubts though that he'll improve but some of these things could of been worked on in the preseason especially timing. Romo even pointed out that some of the passes that were caught were still a little bit off in terms of timing. Definitely could of used game speed reps.

deb4rockets likes this.
  2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Deshaun a little salty yesterday

3. chinesemamba

chinesemamba Member

we should release Kevin Johnson and thats it.

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I love Deshaun...but he looks silly calling out an analyst who is simply saying he had a bad game. He did.

HstnSprtsFan101 likes this.
  6. J.R.

J.R. Member

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

This is technically true, but Brady did bail on at least 2 plays by throwing the ball in the dirt in order to avoid being sacked by Clowney. The only difference between that and a sack is that Brady saw it coming because it was right up the middle in his face.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Watson was holding the ball a LOT longer than Brady was and the Patriots were calling competent plays that kept setting things up. The Texans kept calling plays that took a long time to develop along with Watson being generally indecisive all game long. The O line can't hold forever. When the Texans went with the quick pass game, it was successful....but they kept abandoning it for whatever reason. Either way, it's clear that the Texans had a piss poor game plan and that the entire team was unprepared to play, that's on BOB.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

This looks like some of BOB's bad habits rubbing off on him. It's really not what you want to see.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Hallelujah! Hallelujah!

HstnSprtsFan101 and Fulgore like this.
  11. marky :)

Agree he held the ball way too long.

I think part of that was Watson's fault. Didn't seem like he was going through his progressions and was looking for the long balls to Hopkins/whoever.

12. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Clowney and Watt both started getting their legs under them in the second half.

I wonder if lack of preseason had anything to do with it.

Game was winnable. The Patriots got off on a tired defense and Kevin Johnson.

For the life of me, I do not understand how Kjo starts in the NFL.

13. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Thank God! What a waste of a draft pick. He looked like **** in the game.

Fulgore likes this.
  14. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

We had 5 sacks and 9 QB hits last year. Belichick isn't letting anything close to that happening twice.

15. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

He almost had a concussion off the field too because Badger looked like he was going to beat his ass.

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah you might be right, and that's part of why a lot of the time when he got around to looking for checkdowns they weren't open anymore. That said, doesn't that suggest a poor gameplan and poor pre-snap reads? The most incredulous Tony Romo got during the game was when they were in the red zone and they had Nuk Hopkins isolated to the left with only one guy on him. Romo was certain Watson would see that and throw him the ball since that's the matchup they were looking for damn near all game long and instead it was a designed run for Watson that lost 5 yards against a defense stacked against the run. If he sees that and changes the play, it's probably a TD if he musters an accurate throw.

17. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Very bad game plan, I thought the days of play action where one receiver is the only option on the bootleg side of the field was gone when Kubiak left. Deshaun needs 2 to 3 options on each side of the field if possible, some short some long. We have got to call more quick hitters and get teams on their toes then you hit them with the big play. Plays took way too long to develop. BOB should have known Hopkins would be blanketed on pass plays. Pats have been doing that for at least 2 years it seems. I liked what the Rookie TE's brought. Griffin and DW couldn't connect at all but I like the idea of getting the TE's open on fairly quick hitting routes. Pass and catch to Thomas was a thing of beauty.

18. Newlin

Newlin Member

I think part of the reason Watson was holding the ball so long is because our receivers were covered. The announcers even pointed this out several times.

19. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Love Badger's intensity. Glad he got to witness such a horrible performance from a bust that is still in the league.

20. marky :)

I vote bad game plan as well. I forgot about those plays until you mentioned it. A throw to Hopkins in that matchup/situation should be a call made all day even by high school football coaching standards.

All this crap could of been worked in the preseason.