1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy Football advice thread [2018-19]

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by YOLO, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Y'all cray. Morris is barely in the league.

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Nice trade...

Astrodome likes this.
  3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Nice movie, have you seen the prequel?

2nd round pick btw.

peleincubus likes this.
  4. HTM

HTM Member

I picked up Barber off the waiver wire in my league... someone took Ronald Jones really early... I'm not a big believer in Tampa but a starting RB on the waiver wire like that? I'll take that all day...

I've got

Elliot
    Miller
    Hyde

Barber
    Mack

I feel pretty good about by RB situation... 4 and potentially 5 starters.. none of them that great besides Zeke but lots of volume.

5. NewRoxFan

Nice... I focused (perhaps over focused) on RBs for both my teams: my standard: Barkley, Gordon, Mixon, Johnson, Michel. And my PPR: Gordon, Fournette, Lewis, Hyde, Michel, Blount.

HTM likes this.
  6. NewRoxFan

7. NewRoxFan

*Groan*... DET just signed Donnell Pumphrey, another RB (but expected to play ST)... may drop Kerryon for Golladay.

8. HTM

HTM Member

I'm really averse to teams that have a RB by committee approach. DET screams committee this season...

9. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

It isn't to say that a stud can't emerge out of a crowded backfield (See Kamara, Alvin)

Things change quickly in the NFL.

Week 1 basically validates or invalidates all of the preseason theories and offseason hype.

10. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I’d be willing to stash Kerryon Johnson for a while if he was on my squad. If a team’s 2nd round pick has IT, they don’t just move forward with a committee approach for the hell of it.

11. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

It is definitely possible the organizational philosophy could switch with a new regime in place. You don't spend a 2nd rounder on a guy you don't think will be more than a niche product. The intention is there, but the product on the field is the only result that matters. Riddick is still there to be the 3rd down back and Blount's only real skill is bowling over tired defenders late in the 2nd half and muscling his way into the end zone in goalline package.

12. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Wow. 9th draft tonight. Have yet to have a top 9 pick. I have pick #14 tonight.

13. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Can someone explain to me how all of the position players for the Chiefs Kelce 2nd, Hill top 15, Watkins top 35, Hunt top 8 while Patrick Mahomes can be ranked so low in general? I know that this has been said somewhat about Eli Manning in the past with regards to Odell Beckham jr. But comparatively not this many skill position players be ranked highly. Unless they are going have Hunt pass to Kelce and Hill, garnering points that way perhaps :(:(:(

I am wanting to play Mahomes with Hill. One good thing is this league changed to -1 for interceptions. Which people say Mahomes should have a lot of this year, because he takes chances. My other choice is Tyrod Taylor.

14. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

Please keep in mind, that I am not a pro fantasy football player, haven't played over the last several years - and I wasn't very good then either, haha!

How can I improve my team, in a 12 team league:

QB Carson Wentz
    WR Juju Smith-Schuster
    WR Marvin Jones Jr.
    RB Melvin Gordon
    RB Adrian Peterson
    TB Rob Gronkowski
    W/R/T Chris Thompson
    BN Sony Michel
    BN Case Keenum
    BN Alshon Jeffery
    BN DeVante Parker
    BN Vance McDonald
    IR Jerick McKinnon

K Harrison Butker

Def Pittsburgh

Who are some sleepers that could help out? I have the top waiver priority, as I picked last. I see y'all are mentioning Breida and Morris, shall I pick up either for the injured McKinnon? Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated, thank you!

15. HTM

HTM Member

This weekend Hyde or Barber?

16. NewRoxFan

Well, I don't think anyone here is a professional (well, maybe Moes... he is really smart). This is only my third season. So that caveat in place, I think you have a so-so team. I like Gordon, Juju, Marvin Jones Jr and Gronk. Not a big Thompson fan, so I'd look at getting a better flex option. Also not a big AP fan. You need at least one more playable RB, as your only backup is Sony Michel and he may not play much the beginning of the season (and he has injury risk, to boot). Your QB1 choice required you have a playable backup QB and Keenum is reasonable. Having a backup TE is wasting a roster spot (even having an injury risk TE like Gronk) and you should simply stream if he gets hurt. Parker is extremely volatile and hurt, and Jeffery is also hurt. So essentially you have no bench.

Nippystix likes this.
  17. NewRoxFan

both decent choices, would lean Hyde vs PIT.

HTM likes this.
  18. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

Haha thanks buddy. I appreciate the feedback, and your last sentence, while probably very true, made me laugh.

I went ahead and picked up Breida, let's hope for the best. I am hoping my calculated risk with Wentz works out, but some of my co-workers are pretty skeptical, ha! I am hoping one of Alshon or DeVante provide a big boost for me starting in week 3 or 4. Same with Wentz. Let's see how it plays out, I am still open to hearing any and all sleepers, as it looks like I should cut that TE on my bench.

19. mulletman

mulletman Member

Depending on how many IR slots your league has, I would cut Mckinnon (he’s not playing this year) and put Wentz on IR in his place. Then you have room to add another player....What other QBs are available?

Nippystix likes this.
  20. NewRoxFan

I like Breida... he catches passes and is the likely starter for SF. Always depends on the league, but other RBs to look for include Peyton Barber, Aaron Jones, Corey Clement, and Jordan Wilkins. Maybe someone slept on James White with the Pats.

Lots of WRs to look for: Keelan Cole, DJ Moore, Kenny Stills, Kenny Golladay, Chris Godwin, Kenny Stills, Rishard Matthews, Tyler Lockett. You don't need that TE in particular... there are always ASJ, ESJ, Clay, Watson, Cook, Howard, and the rookies to grab if needed.