1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets re-sign Chris Paul to 4 year, $160M deal

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jun 30, 2018.

?

Do you like the decision to re-sign Chris Paul? (4 yrs, $160M)

1. YES

55.8%
  2. NO

44.2%
  1. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Chris Pauls leadership & mental toughness makes the contract worth it

The contract is 40million

That leadership and mental toughness is worth 10-12 million by itself, much like a really good NBA coach.
    Chris Paul the player is worth 28-30 million.

So 40 mil seems right.

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

$40 million/year to teach Harden how to have heart? Worth it...

PhilCollins and hakeem94 like this.
  3. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Looks a lot better when it’s 42 million for Melo and CP3.

swyyyguy and hakeem94 like this.
  4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

NBA star Chris Paul dishes Calabasas mansion for a 2018-high $11.05 million

http://www.latimes.com/business/rea...paul-calabasas-home-sold-20180823-story.html#

Chris Paul has officially put Los Angeles in the rear-view mirror. The nine-time NBA All-Star, who was traded by the Clippers to the Houston Rockets last summer, has sold his mansion in a gated Calabasas community for $11.05 million.

The price is the highest for a single-family home sale in Calabasas this year, real estate records show. It’s also the area’s priciest transaction since 2015, when “Dancing With Wolves” producer Jim Wilson sold his 190-acre ranch for nearly $14 million.

With about 10,400 square feet of living space, the Mediterranean-style mansion is more than twice the size of a regulation NBA court. Among features are a wood-paneled library/den, a golf simulator and a movie theater. The center-island kitchen is equipped with a pizza oven. A wine cellar sits off the formal dining room.

Four walk-in closets and a lavish bath comprise the master suite. In all, there are six bedrooms and 10 bathrooms.

The home, built in 2006, sits on close to two acres. A swimming pool and spa, a lighted tennis/sports court, a guest house, covered and uncovered patios and an outdoor kitchen make up the grounds.

The 33-year-old point guard averaged 18.6 points and 7.9 assists per game for the Rockets last year, helping the team reach the Western Conference finals. In June, he agreed to a new maximum deal with Houston worth a reported $160 million over four years.

Paul bought the place three years ago for $8.995 million. Over the past year, he has sold others homes in Bel-Air and Woodland Hills.

Emil Hartoonian, managing partner of the Agency in Calabasas, represented the buyer. Tomer Fridman, global director of international markets for Compass, and Isadora Friedman, also with Compass, were the listing agents.

5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Nice sale to be a real estate agent on. Uh yes, I'll take my 3% now.

waytookrzy079 likes this.
  6. JW86

JW86 Member

I will never understand how even a family with a couple of kids would want to live in such a big house with rooms you don’t even use. 10 bathrooms, seriously?

7. PhilCollins

PhilCollins Contributing Member

His brothers family usually lives with him I think

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  8. JW86

JW86 Member

That’s cool, but ten is still crazy.

9. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

No, I don't.

10. houstontexans

houstontexans Member

Yeah, its crazy. I would prefer normal mansion without too many rooms. Why it seems like he sell too many houses? What is going on?

He bought a house in Houston, correct?

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

If I had that much money, I'd live in a castle with mote, draw bridge and all those things, and knights as my door guard. That's just me.

BHannes2BHonest and hajkov like this.
  12. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Valid assessment for us normal people. I think the main thing with him beyond the extended family is having places to park all of that money. So many athletes that make this kind of money get used by financial advisors and agents investing the money in so many different places. It appears he likes to invest in prime real estate and that is a pretty safe bet on appreciation and not losing it.

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  13. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

You dont have kids do you?;)

14. fattz

fattz Member

The CP3 signing is like refinancing your sports car with 150k miles on it; for over sticker and stretching out the payments after just paying it off; all while the car is in the shop being “fixed” and is starting to show signs of not being a daily driver any more.

I understand why; just know it’s not going to age well at all.

This season or bust!

15. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It aged well for John Stockton, who was a complete monster at 33, 34, 35 & 36 AND THEN WENT ON TO BE A BEAST FOR 4 MORE SEASONS (37, 38, 39 & 40). John could fulfill an 8 year - 320 million dollar contract at the same age, so I think CP3 has got this next 4 years.

That's just me.

16. fattz

fattz Member

I am not hating, I just know most people start to slow down as they age. That is why there is a lot more twenty somethings in the league then thirty somethings. I WANT him to be an all world player for as long as he is a Rocket. He is a great complement to Harden in so many ways. I am a Rocket fan that wants to win many championships just like most people on the forum but most advanced aged players don’t do that. Time tells all because nothing in life is permanent. We will see. I hope you are right.

17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

John Stockton played at least 75 games in 17 of his 19 seasons. Chris Paul? 5 of his 13 seasons so far (only 1 of the last 5).

It's like comparing Chrysler with Toyota.

Air Langhi and HakeemOnlyFan like this.
  18. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Better to go down getting injured than being fully healthy and going down by QUITTING.

19. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

One reason... because they can lol

20. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Investment. He made $3 mil on that house before taxes, broker cost, etc. If you're making $25 mil+/year, it makes sense to me to invest in properties that you'll make a return on.

luckyman76 and hakeem94 like this.