1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Angels

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Buck Turgidson

2nd time through the lineup?

Holy crap, Marwin, that was a great grab! Sh!tty throw, Verlander, don't do it again.

eta: great job by Altuve keeping that on the IF and the runner at 2B.

2. awc713

awc713 Member

Some people have no respect for Marwin, it’s a damn shame. Without his 9th inning heroics in game 2...oh man. If you dont support Marwin, kindly GTFO. You’ll probably love Ranger baseball.

Yeah—okay—he isn’t Bregman or Altuve or Correa or Springer. So what? He’s not an all star? Who cares? We don’t need him to be. He serves an incredibly important (and stupidly rare) role. Literally plays every position with above average defense. He’s a gold mine for any team, especially one as stacked with as much talent and defensive versatility as HOU. It’s a long season. Players need rest. I love that we’re resting Correa. Let Marwin eat up innings. He just needs to get a bit of confidence back...it’s July and we’re on pace for one of the greatest seasons ever. Even if Marwin leaves this offseason, what an Astros legend. Shame on the haters.

AnHero likes this.
  3. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

lol, announcers are praising Angels fielder for not tagging 3B

4. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Marwin's sold-soul level downfall began last postseason. The Game 2 HR was great though no doubt and he was great last season. He is a historic player both good and bad.

5. Buck Turgidson

Hard to judge Marwin's value vs what you could replace him with. Just any AAA guy won't do, but you don't want to overpay for a utility guy.

6. Buck Turgidson

So?

7. awc713

awc713 Member

Not saying we should overpay to keep him. Luhnow obviously won’t. Last year was clearly an outlier (and a tough, if not nearly impossible, standard to match). He’s not as good as he was last year, but also not as bad as he’s been at times this year.

HOU will be fine moving on from him if needbe. The Marwin hate (way more on Twitter) just seems a bit nonsensical to me given what he’s done for us. I’ve just seen some takes calling for his head and I don’t get it. If he walks, he walks. He’s more of a Houston legend than 95% of what our city has seen.

8. Buck Turgidson

I was just saying that he ain't going anywhere this year, and then how do you replace him next year? He does things that not a lot of guys can do.

9. HTown2017Champs

Look, I'm not blasting Marwin's' heroics in Game 2. Or the grand slam against the Rangers. OR breaking up Yu Darvish's perfecto and no-no. What I'm saying is, he shouldn't be in the lineup everyday. He's a utility player, who belongs on the bench, maybe starting 3/7 games. Too much of a liability, and his bat will never be what it was last year (a strong positive outlier).

10. Buck Turgidson

11. Houstunna

Supporting Member

JV dailed-up 99 mph to strikeout Kinsler - who owns the 3rd best K-Rate in the league.

12. Buck Turgidson

Ohtani turned on that **** real quick, great swing, nice play by Reddick getting it back quickly.

13. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

Valnobuena has no chance against JV lmao

14. Buck Turgidson

High pitch, bats are afraid.

15. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Teams are slugging .750 against Tropeano 3rd time thru.

16. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

NEVER MIND

17. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Angels broadcast courtesy

Imagine most pitchers suck hard 4th time thru.

18. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Sorry, I missed 'Tropeano' in your first post and (coincidentally), teams were slugging .750 against Verlander 4th time through.

19. Buck Turgidson

That curveball Verlander just threw should be illegal. It started over the poor guy's head and dropped to his ankles.

Boom, Josh.

20. H-Town Info

H-Town Info Member