1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Rockets determined to sign Melo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 9, 2018.

1. malakas

malakas Member

WOW.
    At this point even I could go play with Westbrook and then put the blame on him for being godawful.
    Aren't people getting tired of blaming it all on him?
    Was it his fault Melo didn't defend, couldn't move, couldn't shoot?

justtxyank likes this.
  2. Remlap

Remlap Member

The 'juggernaut' added damaged goods. I'm not convinced DMC is going to the same player.
    He may be the same HEAD CASE, but achilles tear is one of the most devastating injuries.
    We'll see if he even sees the floor next season.

THAT being said, losing Ariza AND LBM is a true blow.
    We should not have let Luc walk. However, he didn't seem the same after his shoulder injury.
    He could be damaged goods as well. Hard to justify paying him when his shoulder could
    come off at any time

[​IMG]

hakeem94 and Cash Cam like this.
  3. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

I can argue Mbah played no factor vs GSW (just look at his plus/minus) and Ariza left for more money. Nothing Morey could've done about it.

Have more faith in your team, it's July 9th.

4. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Yall need to relax , Tucker will play the perimeter defense on wing players while Melo coasts on the other teams 4 position.

Ryan_Success likes this.
  5. tobster

tobster Member

The only way to have Ariza was paying him 15 MM. So I say no to that.
    Luc didn't want the vet minimum (After he dissappeared from the playoffs) So I say no to that.
    I think you can replace the both of them. I think both CP3 and Harden can make Melo a WAY more efficient player.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah ok. as of now the rockets defense is horrible. hilarious, this is what you melo backers wanted. yall about lie in your melo is great posts

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

if the offseason was going to end up like this. the rockets should of just paid ariza 15 mil to compete for a championship for another year. rockets are worse now without a doubt. instead of getting closer theyre even farther back now

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

it wont. theres always the group of posters with their scapegoat excuses. they have no understanding of any accountability. with their tunnel vision is makes the board laughable.

malakas likes this.
  9. farhen

farhen Member

Adding a bum who stands all day, demands the ball a lot, shoot his midrange bricks, and plays no defense the entire time

Blake and malakas like this.
  10. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

Melo had a similar DRTG as Ariza not sure what the issue is.

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. tobster

tobster Member

So let me get this straight.... You think paying Ariza 15MM would have been worth it? What is happening to this board??

seclusion and CapelaOnlyFan like this.
  12. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Exactly think if we had a healthy him

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

if LMM was leaving and the alternative was forcefully pick up a washed up melo, of course. its for 1 year. you act like its your money.

you ened up with the same starting 5 and find a replacement for LMM. now its you have to replace ariza and Moute. Melo being the joke of a replacement for these guys? give me a break

14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

the reputation

15. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

I can only hope we can get bazemore. Man

16. PatBev

PatBev Member

Sign Melo and Nick Young and let’s #runitback

jimmyv281 likes this.
  17. topfive

topfive CF OG

I actually agree. It's reason for concern, but not reason to throw in the towel. Let's see what Morey can do now. Last year, nobody saw PJ or Luc ending up on the team.

tobster likes this.
  18. Ryan_Success

Ryan_Success Member

So we need to create a thread for all the Melo haters once he comes in and averages 18pts/6reb/3ast. Melo replaces the offensive impact Trevor and Luc had combined. We just need to add a defensive stopper and we straight!

jimmyv281 and rgw20014life like this.
  19. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Bro im starting to wonder if you wwtched the rockets during the season. The man was hurt in the playoffs..he couldnt even hit a lay up. Of course he was a scrub. The people here hope was he would be healthy n back to his good player self

20. tobster

tobster Member

NO it's not my money. But just because the money doesn't come out of my pocket doesn't mean that I'm okay with spending it foolishly.

And technically.. I DO PAY with my season tickets.... so yeah... I definitely didn't want to watch Ariza bricking more 3s....

CapelaOnlyFan likes this.