1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Incredibles 2 - 8.5/10

Not as good as the first one. Plot had some huge holes that were glossed over, that afterwards I keep saying to myself that that was kinda stupid.

2. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I would give it a 5/10. It was pretty formulaic. The best part was the first third on the island. This was more of a monster movie with very cliche characters.

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Logan Luck -- fun movie. I really enjoyed it. I'm not into rating, but I also rarely post in this thread, so you get the idea.

On Amazon right now.

Daniel Craig with a hillbilly, W. Va accent is just the tip of the iceberg of what makes this a fun movie, worth watching. The daughter is as adorable as they come in movies. You could actually talk me into watching this again.

4. Buck Turgidson

I thought that was good fun. Even Soderbergh's bad movies are worth watching.

5. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - 3.2/10

Truly terrible movie. Far and away the worst Jurassic Park movie. It’s completely nonsensical on so many levels and utterly boring on top of that. Total waste of $21

Jontro likes this.
  6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I couldn't even finish watching the last one.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  7. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Well damn, that all but confirms it. 3 people saying that Jurassic World is garbage breaks my damn heart.

8. Jontro

Jontro Member

what your nephs think?

RasaqBoi likes this.
  9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Pygmalion - 1938. 9/10

Starring Leslie Howard and Wendy Hiller. It is a superb screen adaptation of George Bernard Shaw's 1913 stage play that holds up very, very well. Years later, it was turned into a huge hit when it was adapted as a musical with the title My Fair Lady on stage in 1956, and on screen in 1964. It was on TCM recently. Anyone who remotely likes My Fair Lady should see it. Howard (who co-directed) and Hiller (A stage actress most of her career) are a revelation.

don grahamleone likes this.
  10. Reeko

Reeko Member

Pacific Rim: Uprising - 5.5/10...giant robots beating up giant monsters...not much else to say...I liked the 1st 1 better

my little cousin says he wants me take him to go see Uncle Drew...there’s no way I’ll be able to sit through that lame sh*t...I’m gonna drag his ass to Jurassic World instead

11. Buck Turgidson

1938, huh?

Good luck with that.

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Why? I'm not a time traveler, so I didn't make it and I'm not looking to profit from the film in any way, so no luck is needed. I've already seen it, more than once. You, however, might think yourself lucky if you manage to see it someday. :cool:

don grahamleone likes this.
  13. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

10 year old thought it was bad.

7 year old was fascinated by the graphics and all the sounds.

Jontro likes this.
  14. Buck Turgidson

This is a pretty terrible song but I'm gonna play it for you anyway....

15. Jontro

Jontro Member

sounds like an all around 6/10 from a kids meter

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Good grief! I sat through nearly 5 minutes of that thing. I must be crazy! :eek:

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  17. Buck Turgidson

5 more minutes, *******...I love ya regardless....

18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Have you seen Contagion? Top 5 worst movie I've ever seen in a theater.

19. Buck Turgidson

Watched it at home twice or three times and I thought it was great. I wanted to kill whats his name, "prosythyea".....

That's one of the most realistic movies any of us have ever seen, whether you want it to be or not.

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Ha! Take this, you jive turkey. I'm treating you better than you're treating me. From Circus Maximus, when Jerry Jeff Walker was still figuring out just what the hell he was going to be. I saw him at a coffee shop on Richmond in Montrose sometime in the late summer or fall of 1968 (I've told this story before), after he split from Circus Maximus (which was a creative detour, in a way) and focused on folk music again. He was wearing a beret and sitting on a stool, telling funny stories between songs. He did Mr. Bojangles before the song came out, and a few of the songs he wrote for Circus Maximus, as well as some other material. He was really good and you could tell that he was going somewhere. Eventually, he figured out where.

#7420 Deckard, Jun 28, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2018