1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2.0]Cyberex, paging Cyberex...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Feb 17, 2016.

1. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

1. Spurs refusing to send Kawhi West
    2. Reports of George potentially staying in OKC (possibly no longer applicable)
    3. LeBron saying he wants to actually win

titobrown and sammy like this.
  2. bawanyh

bawanyh Member

I am still not giving up hope on LeBron to houston. Until i actually see LeBron to LA happen
    I have seen crazy and unexpected things happen at the very last minute

#3682 bawanyh, Jun 27, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
  3. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

If he's legit, I guess LeBron is signing with the Lakers on July 4th.

4. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Misleading tweet. Just stating his opinion, but VO knows what’s up

MghtyPtrck, Ratman, CCR53 and 9 others like this.
  5. malakas

malakas Member

in the end if Lebron doesn't come here, it's the best scenario that he goes to the Lakers.
    Because he will achieve nothing in his last years, while under his managment all their assets and cap will be depleted and there will be no fear for them to actually build a championship contender with homegrown superstar talent. Not to mention that it's very likely they will have to pay him a Kobe like contract, 40 million at age 38 when he will be barely be able to move.
    The next young superstars that will be in the market will not be able to join the Lakers since there will be no money available.

6. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

I k
    Where’s the double like button for this post?

sammy, whiskeyred, DonKnock and 3 others like this.
  7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

That lines up with what Windhorst said in terms of timeline.

8. justtxyank

Wishful thinking lol.

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

I disagree, the best scenario would be him staying in the East with a team like Philly

y’all can keep downplaying the Lakers, but they will be a 50+ win team with Bron and PG, and they will be competing with us for veterans willing to take discounts...with Ingram, Kuzma, etc, they certainly have better assets than us to obtain a 3rd star

What you’re saying they’re gonna do with Lebron is exactly what we’re about to do with CP3

Vivi and justtxyank like this.
  10. malakas

malakas Member

is it?
    The best chances for Lakers with Lebron to win a title will be in the next two years. At that time, Houston and GSW will still be championship contenders with much more experience playing together than a team just made on the fly.

After that it will only be going downhill. For me the biggest threat of the Laker's market had always been if they managed to sign or trade for a top 10 player on their second contract. I.E if AD asked for a trade.
    Now with them signing PG and Lebron they will be out of the FA star market for years and years.

11. justtxyank

Exactly this.

The idea that the Lakers won't be able to get to the Rockets level is just homerism.

Reeko likes this.
  12. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

PG isn't in the class of Chris Paul. We have two bonafide superstars. They would have one.

I know that means nothing to you because you already have Paul not finishing the post season.

bulkatron likes this.
  13. justtxyank

If they get Lebron and PG I'd bet on them winning a title before the Rockets.

14. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

65 wins and were on the brink of beating a historically great team.

No, the Lakers won't be on our level until they show they can be. You want to give them the benefit of the doubt.

malakas likes this.
  15. malakas

malakas Member

You fail to take into account that now the LAL will be off the FA market. If he signed in the East, then for the next years there will be extremely possible that AD, Embiid and other up and comers who are not only good but will be still on their prime in the duration of their next contract would ask to be traded there for a superteam.
    I rather have them off the star market, with them paying old stars.
    As far the Rockets at least our MVP has many more years in his prime. Our second banana, not the first.
    Also and more importantly the Rockets have amazing managment. With Lebron it's a given the Laker's managment will be completely trash.

16. Vivi

Vivi Member

You can literally say the same about Harden and Lebron though, James is great but he's not as good as Lebron.

justtxyank likes this.
  17. justtxyank

The Rockets significantly remade the roster and were instantly a great team.

The Lakers will play the pace and space system that Walton loves. They will be very good right away. If they do a crappy job assembling the roster then I'll change my mind, but I don't think the Lakers will put together a loser roster like Cleveland did.

18. malakas

malakas Member

Father time > Lebron. (and all humanity).

19. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

No, he doesn’t. He would be amazing in Houston. 3 and d two way stud

20. malakas

malakas Member

who says the coach will be Walton? Not only the coach, but also the GM will be Lebron.