1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2.0]Cyberex, paging Cyberex...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Feb 17, 2016.

1. jnuge90

jnuge90 Member

Jaylen Brown crouched

BigggReddd and Sanity2disChaos like this.
  2. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Why the Spurs just don't take Ingram and Kuzma for him and call it a day is beyond me. He's even told other teams not to trade for him because he'd just be a one year rental. I'm glad SA is playing hardball at the moment, but one would think you just take the best offer on the table at some point. Boston has it and wants him, but Boston is quite a few miles away from LA last I checked. Nothing happens until LeBron makes a definitive opt in or opt out, maybe tomorrow, but most likely in the next 7-9 days thankfully.

3. fckbandwagons

fckbandwagons Member

And the the 2nd overall pick, the LA Lakers select, lonzo ball. Let's go babyyyyyyy! Lmao!

4. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

MELO!!! He needs to opt in and force buyout and sign with us cheap.

5. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I was thinking Ingram + Kuzma + Ball for Kawhi.
    I don't know. It appears I've been overrating the Lakers package judging from other posters but I think Kuzma, Ingram and Lonzo is one hell of a haul.

6. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Yeah there is no way we have anything to offer to move up to a mid first rounder.
    We are certainly not trading EG for a rookie.

Any word on where Jamal Crawford is looking? He would be a great fourth guard for us assuming he isn't still salty with CP3

7. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

jj Reddick

Verbal Christ likes this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

he needs to retire

9. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

tis his intent

Plowman, jch1911 and Rudyc281 like this.
  10. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

Lonzo would be a nightmare in the Spurs system. Perfect point guard for the pass til you're out of gas system. Lengthy, pass first, ability to drive and kick... Obviously the one thing people point out is that shot but he's young, that will come. That would be an excellent haul for Kawhi. We can't contend with that offer.

Best case for us is Boston trades and we recruit Kawhi in FA despite his seemingly intent desire to play for LA. I don't think this happens though, we just don't have a strong hand. While at his peak he's probably a top 3-5 player we can do well with other lesser players and still win a championship. (or more)

11. HTM

HTM Member

[​IMG]

Zboy, DonKnock and BigMaloe like this.
  12. J.R.

J.R. Member

:rolleyes:
    https://www.theringer.com/the-bill-...62/creed-2-kawhi-leonard-dwight-howard-legacy

Joe House: How can LeBron go back to Cleveland?

Bill Simmons: It's hard to imagine. Depends on what he wants in life. From what I've heard, his family is going to LA anyways. The part not really covered & is a legitimate #1 reason or at least top 3 reason they're going to LA is his son is a really good basketball player & makes more sense to be in LA than to be in like Ohio. That's part of it. I can see the family going & LeBron not going the Lakers right away. Problem is, you can't ride with that team. He sees the Celtics coming. The problem is there is no great move or slam dunk. Philly is not a slam dunk.

JH: I love Houston. Why don't you like Houston?

BS: I don't think it's a slam dunk. I really don't. I don't know what I'm getting from Chris Paul at this point in his life.

JH: I'd say less. You want less from Chris Paul. You don't want as much. Let him play 60-65 games and get healthy for the playoffs.

BS: I don't think there's a scenario where they can keep LeBron & Capela. I think it's unrealistic. I wouldn't have a PnR center.

JH: If they can't keep Capela, it's not as enticing.

BS: It'd make sense if Anderson was a free agent after this year & had a pick or asset to give the Cavs to make it worth it. They just don't. They don't have the opt in sign and trade with LeBron sitting there. There's no way to pull it off. I think they're out. His best chance is if he can pull off a Kawhi thing for next year. ... I can't imagine Lonzo stays if this all plays out & can't imagine the Spurs wanting Lonzo. If they can get Kawhi for Ingram, Deng, Kuzma and future #1, then they're able to bring in LeBron, sign PG and still have the Lonzo card to trade him somewhere then they might have enough to compete with the Warriors. Get some buyout guys & figure it out. If you were LeBron, what would you do?

JH: Go to Houston.

BS: What if his family moves to LA & he signs with Houston for one year for the MLE. Takes a pay cut for one year. I'm going for one year & then I'm moving to LA. Lakers just wait for him. I can see him doing it but it's a mistake. I think it's a mistake to chase a title when he doesn't know he has the best team.

JH: I don't know the right answer is for him. I want whatever the next step is to be a legacy move. Something that enhances it. Going to Houston doesn't do that. LA is too tenuous. The real challenge is Boston makes the most sense. Bringing back another title to that storied franchise & him remaining in the East, another year guaranteed in the Finals. Boston has the assets to entice Cleveland. The 3 franchises - Lakers, Knicks, Celtics - are real legacy moves.

BS: Lakers is the best move from a legacy standpoint.

JH: He'd be playing the long view thing.

BS: He's screwed either way unless he goes to the Celtics. I don't want him to come to the Celtics. If we were the Knicks, you'd be like 'Yeah, I'll do anything.' I want to beat LeBron. He has beaten us in 2012, 2015, 2017, 2018. I want to beat the guy. We built a team in the driver's seat in the next LeBron playoff series. I feel it's like a **** you to us.

JH: I want him on the Knicks. I'm dying to have him on the Knicks.

Raisin and Vivi like this.
  13. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Nah....I'd take him as insurance.

jch1911 likes this.
  14. aroundtheblock2

That doesn't work, the contracts don't match. The Lakers have to send out Deng.

DonKnock and clutchdabear like this.
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

i wouldn't. he's far from insurance at this point in his career.

16. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

EG may just need to be traded for the pick, not the rookie. It may take 2 first rounders to either unload Ryno or trade for LeBron, or both with a third team involved.

D-rock likes this.
  17. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I didn't mean just that. You throw in Tyler Ennis' contract and another small one and it works.
    You throw in Frye and it definitely works

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

James needs to be recruiting James like Christopher Paul is doing. Not hanging out with Fat Melon. ;)

19. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

How are the Rockets not the best team for LeBron .. they pushed the champs to the brink with 6 guys. Sure you'll lose a good chunk of that team, but I'm pretty pretty sure a team with LeBron, CP3 and Harden will do ok.

D-rock and Bobsputin like this.
  20. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Maybe so, but James has earned some time off. He gave a lot last season. He will ramp it up when necessary. :cool: