1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2.0]Cyberex, paging Cyberex...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think that's what kills their fantasy of Lebron to LA, everyone other than Lakers homers realize that even if they get Lebron and Paul George, the Lakers would have no chance at beating either the Warriors or Rockets....something that would further erode Lebron's legacy.

LA fans simply can't accept the fact that they are being used for leverage and nothing more.

2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

if lebron is in h-town i would definitely think he's staying at CP3's house

DonKnock likes this.
  3. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

Damn I wish I could have a sleepover with CP3 and LeBron.

4. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

Play charades with Clyde, James AND LBJ!

5. itsoktobealone

Y'all gonna be shocked when you see Kawhi go for less than you expected.
    - He has only a year left on his deal
    - He's coming off an injury that no one knows what's going on
    - He's basically forcing his way out with preferences in the process

Last year PG, Jimmy, and Irving (who had 2 years left) went for less than anything near they were valued. Yes, Kawhi is still top5 player in the league but expect him to go for less than his value. It always is like that. ESPECIALLY if he is hellbent on joining the Lakers.

BigShasta and lionaire like this.
  6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

He might go for less than expected. But that does not mean he is going to the Lakers. Spurs can always take their 50 cents on the dollar from Boston or Philly. And get the added bonus of shipping him East. Along with an FU to boot.

7. BigDikNENE

BigDikNENE Member

Kawhi is most likely going to either BOS, NY, or PHI. Pop said himself he will not trade him to the Fakers.

8. HP3

HP3 Member

I would be pissed off if Cleveland somehow got him.

9. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

pg went for less than anything near he was valued? oladipo + sabonis is a pretty good deal i'd say.
    not that presti is any good of a gm, but lumping him into chicago and cleveland - two of the worst front offices, isn't exactly an apples to apples comparison.

we're talking about the spurs here. they don't want anything to do with lonzo ball or luol deng. and if they are trading kawhi, they're surely going to want some combination of: 1) a significant star, 2) draft capital, or 3) the ability to salary dump. lakers can only provide #3, but if they do, then say bye-bye to even getting paul george.

#2249 clutchdabear, Jun 17, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
    fckbandwagons likes this.
  10. clos4life

clos4life Member

As long as Kawhi goes East I don't care where he goes. Most of all, not to the Lakers/Warriors if Pop loses his mind and keeps him in the West.

hakeem94 and everyday eddie like this.
  11. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Clippers have a shot

clutchdabear likes this.
  12. BigDikNENE

BigDikNENE Member

Yea but its rumored they don't want to trade him to any team in the West. Highly doubt Kings or Suns would give up their top pick for just one year of Kawhi.

13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Clippers best shot is if they can get him "right now." Because their best trade package is Harris+12+13. But if they can't get him before the draft, it will be tougher.

I don't think the Spurs are in a rush to make a trade. They can make the same Boston/Philly trades after the draft. Their trade packages are not totally dependent on the 2018 draft assets. They have players and 2019 draft assets they could parlay.

sammy and clutchdabear like this.
  14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

In history, we've seen many teams try to move up in the draft by offering two picks for one, and fail.

That's part of the reason I believe Love + #8 is close enough to Harris + 12+13 (if not better, considering Love can be flipped for a better pick than Harris later in year), that Lebron might force the conversation to at least get air time, for him and Kawhi to join in CLE. That could very well be Lebron's best-available superstar teammate destination should Houston fail.

With Kawhi available, I just think it could strengthen CLEs desperation attempt to keep Lebron, for however much longer they can, and allows Pops to move Kawhi East, and Lebron stays in his hometown with a legit MVP-candidate Top 5 player.

Sure BOS always has best to offer, but I wouldn't take CLE off the table. Reason is because BOS might not want to match more than 50 cents on the $1 (as you say), but I have to believe CLE would go all in, if even for just one more year, with a very legit upgrade to the team.

Heck, could a Draft Day three-way, Love+8, move Spurs up to get Doncic, maybe adding another pick to whoever has Doncic. This would be a situation where the bad team with the Doncic pick doesn't want a rental Kawhi, but will flip it for Love+8+18.

#2254 heypartner, Jun 17, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
    Deuce, BigMaloe, clutchdabear and 3 others like this.
  15. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

If Pops really hates the Lakers and wants to stick it to them, he should trade Kawhi to the Rockets.

DonKnock, Cash Cam, BigMaloe and 8 others like this.
  16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I know that I'm talking to a Lakers fan, so I will understand if you don't follow along but Kawhi wanting to go to the Lakers would mean nothing at all. He'd have no way of making that happen either in forcing a trade there or by walking in FA in a year. The Lakers are likely to waste their cap space this off-season on Paul George and whatever other FA's they can lure there in an effort to make them more than the joke that they've been for several years now.

Since going to the Lakers isn't an option, it can't be used as a threat the way Lebron can use the Lakers to force a trade to Houston. It's very likely that a team like Boston will trade for Kawhi and he'd have no reason to not stay there.

fckbandwagons and clutchdabear like this.
  17. sammy

No rush is perfect. Pop needs to take his sweet time :cool:

18. sammy

He would for Harden. Buford ain’t no punk .. he’s gonna get a nice haul

clutchdabear likes this.
  19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

No, he would trade Kawhi to Cleveland giving Lebron a huge reason to stay, so Lakers lose out on both Lebron and Kawhi. Plus, he screws Rockets that way, too.

He gets Love+8th Pick, packages it with his own 18th pick, to move up in the draft and grab Doncic.

DonKnock, BigMaloe, noppeper and 4 others like this.
  20. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

LeBron coming to Houston for minimum if we have Harden CP and Kawhi.

hakeem94 likes this.