1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DWade: don’t think it’s a basketball decision

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jun 10, 2018.

1. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Could also mean he moves back down to miami.

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Going to Los Angeles will allow him to play GM like he loves to do

I just don't think LeBron, Paul George and a bunch of role players is that good.

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Remember, an Anderson flip would be to a team that has talent but is in a complete rebuild. It would be Anderson and picks for a player who might be on a longer deal.

As for GS improving their roster, they have the same potential for improvement as Houston does because they have the same spending options as Houston. I wouldn't be shocked if both teams stood pat this summer.

The spurs bouncing back are a threat, but that team will have a lot of fences to mend too. Again, because it needs to be repeated, the rockets were 24 minutes away from handing the warriors their first series loss in the KD era. No team has even come close to that. It took a fluke shooting outage and some horrid calls for the warriors to win game 7, by a staggering margin of 9 points. Health is an issue, as it always will be, but damn we were close this time.

4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Morey pulls the levers but CP and Harden clearly have input for the Rockets. If LeBron came to Houston, he would be involved. Morey has been VERY open to the fact that the Rockets leadership style is inclusive to their top stars.

I agree that if LeBron goes to LA (with PG) that their role players aren't seasoned enough and thus LeBron will insist on more trades for vets for "win now."

5. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

I think it can happen in 1 or 2 years honestly if they keep winning like they have been. Finals this year were so boring I'm sure even the players were bored. If they do this again even one more time you're gonna hear lots of talk about how these warriors titles are meaningless. Anyways that's my hot take. LeBron doesn't have to win now. He just has to look like he's trying his best but can't overcome his team's shortcomings. It worked amazingly this year and he knows that. LeBron's a big picture guy. If he can't beat Golden State maybe it'd be better not to try till he can.

6. Pizza_Da_Hut

I mean Love vs Wiggins all over again. Hell, I could see the Lakers bring Love home too.

7. SS0101

SS0101 Member

What will derail the warriors I think will ultimately be money. Repeatedly running a roster of 4 max guys is a lot from ANY franchise. I feel like the max any team/owner can do that for is about 4 years. I don't really have anything supporting this...just an opinion.

8. Pizza_Da_Hut

A very astute opinion. Klay will be an interesting player to watch. What kind if extension does he fetch? And, that luxury tax bill will be insane.

SS0101 likes this.
  9. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Could happen sure .. but it’s a huge gamble and all but guarantees he doesn’t win a title again.

Bron to Houston.

10. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

One thing is 100% guaranteed to stop GSW: time.
    Our series with them showed they are not that physical. Curry, Thompson, and Durant all are not rugged guys. Whether they hold up or not, time will stop the Warriors. We can plan for that if nothing else.

D-rock likes this.
  11. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Well Klay is already agreeing for less than the max so there's that but I agree with you sooner or later, be it money or narrative this team is breaking apart. Problem is these guys are big enough p*****s to take paycuts to keep the gravy train rolling. I don't care how, I just want this Warriors stupidity to end already.

buffalobills!!! and amaru like this.
  12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm pretty sure the players who were winning championships boosting their legacy weren't "bored", assuming the Warriors can keep getting past the Rockets even if they don't land Lebron, why would Durant want to stop winning championships? If he gets a few more he can have a "rings" argument for being a greater player than Lebron.....something he's ALWAYS wanted.

As a big picture guy, Lebron knows that he has to stop KD from winning championships and the best way to do so is to head to Houston and win them himself.

everyday eddie and amaru like this.
  13. J.R.

J.R. Member

14. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

If the Lakers come back on to the scene, along with GSW, I am gonna choke on my own vomit. I'm an NBA-only fan, but that might be more than I can bear.

15. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Validation, man. KD cares what we think. Trust me even if he won 10 in a row with this team he'd never be considered better than LeBron. He'd just be the coat tail rising snake. Not all championships are equal. LeBron's 1 Cleveland title is worth waaaaay more than the 2 Miami titles combined.

Anyways isn't this the very premise of the thread? A chance to win a title is a basketball decision. If DWade is speaking the truth then LeBron knows he can't do that and is looking at other factors for his decision. Houston is easily the best basketball decision. But maybe LeBron thinks there's something bigger.

16. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Don't worry even with LeBron the Lakers won't be contenders. They'll just be fake good like the Thunder. Don't be an NBA only fan be a Rockets only fan and a Lakers hater. Best way to live.

MICHAEL W LAND likes this.
  17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, KD cares what "we" think, and that's why he wants to top Lebron in rings. If he does that, he'll get that validation he's always sought. Even now he's greatly increased his prestige despite half the league's fanbase thinking he's a scumbag for doing what he did. In the end, NBA fans really are stupid enough to just count rings and KD knows that.

18. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Go Astros!

19. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Well I am Rockets-only as well as NBA-only. Teams to hate: GSW, Lakers, Mavs.

MICHAEL W LAND and lakersuck2 like this.
  20. Reeko

Reeko Member

How can u know for sure that it all but guarantees that? LA won’t just stop after adding Bron and PG. We don’t know how they’ll continue to build their team not only this summer, but during the trade deadline and upcoming free agencies.

I still think Houston is the favorite tho