1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Are the Pelicans toast? We're watching Thunder at Pelicans -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Gordon: "We can’t isolate as much against a good defensive team. I don’t care who you are."

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Drogba, May 15, 2018.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

There are so many possessions in a game it won't hurt to run a play for your other players to get them in rhythm.

2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I wasn't aware of this. Can you share any proof?

Stormy1234 likes this.
  3. YallMean

YallMean Member

There were shots last night I was like Eric you gotta make those because they were wide open.

D-rock and Stormy1234 like this.
  4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

It's been sustainable for the entirety of this season, it won 65 games, it cruised through the first 2 rounds of the playoffs, and it lead to the best offense in the league and one of the best offenses in NBA history.

Your insistence on the Rockets playing LESS efficiently with LESS talented players is not going to compete with the Warriors. So obvious, so easy to comprehend. And yet....

5. YallMean

YallMean Member

I would let CP handle the point to set up the table whenever he is on. We can’t let Harden walk up and start yo-yo all the time. Harden needs to catch and attack right away after he receives the ball.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

I just like that EGO is tryna nut up and stay motivated. EGO had a good play called for him out of the timeout in the early 4th that led to an open 3.

He knows that he needs to work harder to get open and Harden will work harder to find him. I'm not blaming any specific person or act for game 1. I like EGO's energy today and like him speaking out saying "i need to get involved more"

What I think needs to happen more than anything is better defense. EG will get in an offensive rythym if we can get him some open 3s on the fast break kinda how klay thompson had some open 3s on the fast break yesterday. That's what I think it would look like ideally.

UTSA2step likes this.
  7. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

I agree. EG looked like he got in a bit more of a rythym yesterday when Dantoni called the play to get him an open 3 early in the 4th quarter.

It was either out of a timeout or the first play of the 4th. It was def a play that they drew up before they took the court.

UTSA2step likes this.
  8. hakeemthagreat

Those weren't the same looks he got all year. The defense is tighter and there is FAR less space. He did fumble the ball in the paint but there was somebody in front of him and that's why he lost the ball. The fastbreak turnover was his fault. But the Warriors are MAKING us play ISOball by switching everything. They're doing our gameplan against us. We need guys like EG, Ariza & Green to cut to the basket when Harden's dribbling. We need off the ball screens & pick & slips (where the guy fakes a pick then cuts to the basket). We need MOVEMENT off the ball. The offense is too predictable. This should've been something the Rockets already game planned for in the 4 days off they had. It's 100% on coaching

UTSA2step, ThatGuyJoe and da_juice like this.
  9. hakeemthagreat

But he was venting the TRUTH. It's something everybody apparently noticed but the ppl on this site smh

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

no matter what excuse you or anyone else tries to make for EG, at the end of the day he needs to play better. the way hes played thus far just isn't good enough by far in the wcf. hes probably had one game in the playoffs where hes played up to par with what hes been doing for most of the year. its not about anyone but himself first.

11. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

All of the best teams, multi championship teams, in the history of the NBA have been known for two things...(1) great defense and (2) superior ball movement on offense. 80's Celtics, 90's Bulls, Spurs to name a few. We aren't going to beat the W's with straight iso. EG wasn't bashing/blaming anyone. Simply stating the truth.

arabrocket likes this.
  12. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

he's right though, it was iso after iso after iso all game long. If Harden's shot wasn't falling everybody would be going crazy on this board. For players to be more effective they need to be involved.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

and up to three years ago . . they all knew Jump Shooting Teams don't win championships

Rocket River

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

you mean cleveland didnt come back from 3-1 playing iso ball for much of the game. what about teams will never win championships shooting jump shots they said

15. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Does Gordon have a point? Sure he does. But when your 3&D players in Ariza, Tucker and Mbah a Moute go a combined 3-17 from the floor you are not going to win.

D-rock, UTSA2step and Stormy1234 like this.
  16. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

He wants what he had last season. A lot of touches when Harden went to the bench.

Well that ain't happening this year. EG has been terrible in the playoffs and his erratic play seemingly leads to easy transition points.

17. MyLateRegistration

I never liked this round face looking mofo. Trade his ass. 5 TO's that cost us the game.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  18. MyLateRegistration

True. That's why he turned the ball over like 5 times and was awful on defense.

D-rock likes this.
  19. YallMean

YallMean Member

Some discussions here may be more nuanced than you gave them credit for.

20. YallMean

YallMean Member

Ok, what's the plan for next game?